General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='bier']Thanks for looking out for me, but I forgot to post on here that I went by the Snellville BB yesterday and picked up Bee Movie. Tried to get out of there with just that but picked up Yakuza also. Both for a total of $31.78 with the $5 reward.

I'll be going by the Mall of Georgia Costco this week and I'll check there for SWCS.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That Yakuza was still there?? I saw it there several weeks ago and almost bit, but I never play my PS2 anymore, so I passed. I'm surprised it lasted that long, especially at that price.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Wow. That Yakuza was still there?? I saw it there several weeks ago and almost bit, but I never play my PS2 anymore, so I passed. I'm surprised it lasted that long, especially at that price.[/quote]

Yeah it was, didn't want to buy anything else but that caught my attention. For $15 figured I would give it a shot. Might be a while before I get around to playing it though, haven't played my ps2 much myself since I got my 360 :D

*sigh*

After not finding LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga at the Cumberland or Town Center Costco, I checked Perimeter today. I was delighted to find that they had three boxes on the shelf! I took one and waited in a 10-deep line to checkout. After I paid, I went over to "the cage" to retrieve my game.

While I was waiting, I was suddenly accosted by this weird guy. He looked to be in his 70s, about 350 pounds in a blue jumpsuit. From his appearance, he was probably a bit senile. Also appeared he wasn't from around here, as he spoke pidgin English. He had BBQ sauce ALL OVER his face and down the front of his jumpsuit (I think one of today's free samples was ribs).

With no introduction, he walked right up to me and said, "What? You no work no more?!" sounding very accusatory.

I was like...Uhhhh...I thought he maybe had me confused with someone else. Then I realized he was referring to the fact that it was 2:00, so maybe he felt that was too late for lunch.

So I said, "Lunch break," and smiled.

But he wasn't appeased. He said, "Lunch?! Why you no work?!"

I said, "I DO work. But I'm taking a late lunch."

He said, "Late lunch! Ohhhh! What kind work you do?"

I said, "I'm a magazine editor."
"Oh! Mr. Big Shot," he said. "That a lot for not for nothing!"

At that point the woman gave up poking around in the back and returned to inform me that they didn't have any more copies of the game for 360, just PS3 or Wii. And to drive the point home, she ripped up the empty box up right in front of me. I said, "There are at least two more on the shelf," and she sent someone back to pull those as she refunded my cash.

Very demoralizing all around. :cry:

[quote name='jdawgg76']Tybee, I was hoping to get this deal somewhere around here. Oh and tell my uncle "Hi" for me.[/quote]

I've about given up. I might be willing to check the Gwinnett or Alpharetta locations when I get a chance to schlep up there. But that's a long way to go to be disappointed.

In other news, my Super Smash Bros. Brawl code is: 4983-4663-0450

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Lol, at that story. Still looking for an NGS. Snellville target should price drop tomorrow.[/quote]I've never seen them drop games on Thursdays, always Mondays, but I'll check tomorrow just in case.

[quote name='Tybee']I said, "I'm a magazine editor."
"Oh! Mr. Big Shot," he said. "That a lot for not for nothing!"[/quote]

:rofl:

A bad experience but at least it gave me a good laugh. From this point forward you will now be referred to as Mr. Big Shot.:lol: BTW, what magazine do you work for?

This is just going on what I was told there. They said Monday or Thursday, but I am not sure they even knew what was what in their dept. Most drops I have seen are Monday afternoon, so you're probably right.

I second Neo's vote, Tybee = Mr. Bigshot.
I'm sorry for your ordeal but it is funny to hear!

Any ATL CAGs lucky enough to grab the CC Condemned package deal today?
I thought about going for it at 2:15 this afternoon but decided to pass.

For those keeping track of clearance PS3 games at Target. The only ones at the La Vista Road off 285 location were MLB 07 and NHL2k8. They also had avatar, spiderman and juiced 2 for the 360. No tags on the PS3 games in the glass case and the tags on the 360 games were 50% off, but I didn't have time to scan them.

[quote name='neocisco']:rofl:

A bad experience but at least it gave me a good laugh. From this point forward you will now be referred to as Mr. Big Shot.:lol: BTW, what magazine do you work for?[/quote]

Glad I could brighten everyone's day. And for the record, I'm about as far from a "Big Shot" as you can get. :roll:

www.wasteage.com

[quote name='chuckie88']I second Neo's vote, Tybee = Mr. Bigshot.
I'm sorry for your ordeal but it is funny to hear!

Any ATL CAGs lucky enough to grab the CC Condemned package deal today?
I thought about going for it at 2:15 this afternoon but decided to pass.[/quote]

Yea I got it. I had to go to Barrett Pkwy CC because mine (Cumberland) hadn't even unboxed them as of 2pm. They were down to 3 (2 after I left) copies of Condemned 1, when I got there but they still had to get my condemned 2 from the back. I am going back today to try and get the price match ($49) on the Fry's ad. If so, with my SSBB gift card, it would be 2 games for $40!

Sadly, I still haven't got my SSBB preorder.

That's funny because the Cumberland locale would be the closest to me as well but I happened to be leaving Kennesaw at 2 and the Barrett CC was the one on my mind. I really wanted to go for the deal but just couldn't swing the extra cash this week.
Ah well, you win some and you lose some. Good luck with the price match, 2 games for $40 = sweet!

Okay, so I did the price match at cumberland and they have at least 8 (eight) condemned (1)s.
I did not see Condemned 2 anywhere. It's probably still in the back.

To help out any and all CAGs the Condemned 1s are now hidden. They were not then (and are not now) with the regular 360 titles. There is an endcap immediately to the right of the 360 console display/kiosk with budget and clearance games for all systems. Top shelf, two left most rows are full of condemned 1s, behind two different clearance titles.

You will probably have to ask CSR to get Condemned 2 from the back (I had to at the Barrett pkwy location).

They did match the Fry's price. (Note: I brought the receipt in after the sale, so the free game might trip you up if you go for an all at once).

The Fry's ad is on the back of yesterday's sport section, the CSR kept mine.

So that's Condemned 1 & 2 for $49 and if you have a $10 GC from the SSBB deal with CC it's even sweeter.

I played the multiplayer yesterday at my brothers, great fun. Of all of FPS horor brawlers this is the best multiplayer title (lol, can anyone think of any others).

There's nothing like bashing some pig-masked baddies face-in with a toilet seat, and hearing people laugh over live. This is what Manhunt 2 should have been.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/sE5OU9t0UzI&hl=en[/MEDIA]

Tomorrow is the last day of operation for the Hollywood Video on Old Milton in Alpharetta (Publix/Minerva shopping center). DVDs are $1, games are $2. Candy is 10 cents!

There are a few things worth buying at those prices... I got The TV Set on DVD, and War of the Monsters for PS2, along with some Sour Patch Kids and Blow Pops. $3.63!

[quote name='El Gray']Tomorrow is the last day of operation for the Hollywood Video on Old Milton in Alpharetta (Publix/Minerva shopping center). DVDs are $1, games are $2. Candy is 10 cents!

There are a few things worth buying at those prices... I got The TV Set on DVD, and War of the Monsters for PS2, along with some Sour Patch Kids and Blow Pops. $3.63![/quote]When the HWVs in my area closed last year, I showed up on the last day only to be told that some guy had bought everything left the day before. So I showed up to the Snellville store a couple days earlier before the final day and the doors were locked with customers inside. Apparently, that guy (I can only presume it to be the same guy) was buying out what was left there and they were letting the remaining people finish shopping.

I know it's not $5 like in the thread, but the Duluth Fry's has Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for 9.99. They have about 50 copies in a shopping cart between the endcaps of the game section and the wall. They are still labeled 19.99, but there is a sign on the cart stating the 9.99 price and it does ring up correcty.

[quote name='El Gray']Tomorrow is the last day of operation for the Hollywood Video on Old Milton in Alpharetta (Publix/Minerva shopping center). DVDs are $1, games are $2. Candy is 10 cents!

There are a few things worth buying at those prices... I got The TV Set on DVD, and War of the Monsters for PS2, along with some Sour Patch Kids and Blow Pops. $3.63![/quote]

Last time I went in there during their closing "sale" they had actually upped all the prices on games. I had gotten a game for $5 back when they had the buy 4 for $20 if priced $9.99 or less. That game was marked 19.99 after the store was 70% empty.

Glad to hear the prices have finally come down more. Since I live in walking distance I might have to check it out again.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I forgot to give out my Wii code. It is: idon-thav-awii-andi-hate-all-ofyo-ufor-havi-ngon-ebef-orem-me:):)[/quote]So that's why that code was taken when I tried to get it!

I got a wrong number call from the Hollywood Video on 6060 Singleton Rd in Norcross about some DVD someone hasn't returned in 30 days and that they were closing this weekend so I might check it out to see if they have anything left. Bit of a hike for me living in Kennesaw/Acworth but if traffic isn't bad...

Any wrestling fans on here??

The Barnacle's in Norcross shows the WWE PPV's for free and I'm going there on 3/30 to watch Wrestlemania 24. Wanted to see if anyone else is interested.

Holy crap...I can't believe the tornadoes hitting downtown tonight. Has this ever happened before? I certainly can't remember it in my 30 years here. We're watching it on TV, and the damage is just crazy. So many skyscrapers with hundreds, maybe thousands of windows out. CNN Center trashed. Two or three skyways destroyed. And it certainly gave everyone at the Georgia Dome a fright. I'm so thankful it didn't hit us in Decatur.

Everyone okay?

EDIT: fuck ME. They just showed that the air pressure in the Dome dropped so fast it burst the water pipes and they showed water flowing like a river down the stairwells. So much for the SEC tournament!

The estimated amount on the damage is going to be astronomical. It doesn't sound like any deaths have been reported but several dozen were injured. Considering the large amount of people concentrated in such a small area I'd say those are very good reports. I was out running when this happened (but nowhere near downtown).

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Any wrestling fans on here??

The Barnacle's in Norcross shows the WWE PPV's for free and I'm going there on 3/30 to watch Wrestlemania 24. Wanted to see if anyone else is interested.[/quote]

I occasionally watch the PPV's at the Barnacle's in Kennesaw but I'll probably be watching WM at a friend's house. I don't like the idea of sitting in Barnacle's for 4.5 hours. Don't forget, it starts at 7pm, not 8.

Wow I had no idea this happened. I was at home in Kennesaw when one of the thunderstorms rolled through. It literally came out of nowhere and scared the bejeezus out of me cuz I saw a blue flash followed by a massive rumble of thunder. Looked on weather.com and saw a pretty powerful but small cell going through the area and another to the west-northwest. Only statement at that time was be wary of these cells cuz they could produce pea-size hail. Where I am located was on the outskirts of the much more powerful dark red area on the first cell that rolled through (more in the yellow/orange). Been doing other things and just checked here. Crazy. Seems that no one was killed downtown so that's a good thing.

Just looking at weather.com and there's a ton of shit heading east, crossing the mississippi/alabama/louisiana borders. if they maintain strength, it looks like they would hit the atlanta metro area in, guessing a few hours.

[quote name='Tybee']Holy crap...I can't believe the tornadoes hitting downtown tonight. Has this ever happened before? [/quote]

There was a really bad one in 1975 that almost hit my Aunt and Uncles house killed three people then. It was also in March.

[quote name='Tybee']Holy crap...I can't believe the tornadoes hitting downtown tonight. Has this ever happened before?[/quote]

Several years ago a tornado touched down at the intersection of Windy Hill and Cobb Pkwy. I think that was the last time (that I recall) that a tornado did major commercial damage.

Yes, I live near WH. There was one that went right though and even hit the intersection of WH and 41. It twisted one of those giant BP signs like a pretzel (and the billboard by the McD's).

We consider ourselves more OTP.

Windy Hill is one thing (I mean, it's named Windy Hill for a reason... ;) ) but I can just never recall a tornado in the middle of downtown, amid the skyscrapers. It reminds me of that one that hit Salt Lake City a few years ago. Very, very unusual.

Tybee, I finally made it by the Mall of Georgia costco, and they didn't have any Lego SW Complete Saga. Haven't kept up with this thread, not sure if you got your hands on one yet but I thought I'd let you know.

As far as that storm, I guess that's the only way my Dawgs were going to get to Saturday :D Seriously, looks like another bad one coming in this afternoon... hope everyone stays dry and safe.

That was close. There were several touchdowns just a few miles north of me. I have several friends that live in the path that the storm just went through so I need to check on them.

Channel 2 news has what looks like a tornado on their airport camera going thru Atlanta at the moment near Turner Field is what they are saying.

Yeah, it's been wall-to-wall tornado coverage on WSB. We actually had to get down in our basement for that one that came through Atlanta today along I-20. Thankfully we just had a little pea-sized hail and rain and nothing else to speak of. Our dog was freaking out, however. I think they can sense the pressure change.

I'm really worried about some friends of ours who own one of the renovated Cotton Mill row houses (they actually used to live in the Lofts, now they live a block away). Still haven't heard from them, and I know that area was devastated. The lofts themselves look like holy Hell.

My parents were out running errands in Roswell and some 2.5-inch hail hit their car. They said no damage, thankfully, but they were scared out of their wits.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I forgot to give out my Wii code. It is: idon-thav-awii-andi-hate-all-ofyo-ufor-havi-ngon-ebef-orem-me:):)[/quote]Dang Dang Dang Dang.

Okay, I saw one the other day and was going to pick it up to sell, and talked myself out of it as I didn't want to deprive some kid who's prolly been waiting forever for one at the msrp. SO if I find another one, pick up for you?

[quote name='neocisco']WSB's computer imaging makes the other channels look like a junior high science fair.[/quote]They have the only HD radar equipment.

[quote name='guinaevere']Dang Dang Dang Dang.

Okay, I saw one the other day and was going to pick it up to sell, and talked myself out of it as I didn't want to deprive some kid who's prolly been waiting forever for one at the msrp. SO if I find another one, pick up for you?[/QUOTE]

Only if you take Monopoly money! ;)

Thanks for the offer, though!

I can sympathize with non-Wii owners. We wanted to get one but schedules / life prohibit waiting in a line early in the a.m.
Kept our eyes peeled for a while and then said to hell with it and bought a 360.

Really happy with the decision so far and outside of the RROD w/in the first month it's been great.
Still I want a Wii eventually, lifelong fan of the big N so we'll see. It's nice to have other eyeballs willing to search and I'll keep in mind for the future.

Also, glad to hear that no CAGs were harmed in the filming of ATL's severe weather show! :applause:
I've been known to watch the occasional wrasslin' event, never heard of Barnacles though, what are they like?

The Northpoint Target had a copy of Avatar and some Juiced on clearance. I doubt anyone cares though. Anyone know if there's any chance in hell of finding the $4 clearance 360 games anywhere?

We were over in East Atlanta village for dinner last night, sitting on the patio. About 1 minute after we went inside to pay the tab, the power goes out. It must have gone by really quickly, because on our way back home, not 10 minutes later, and not 100m away, I had to go up on some curbs to get around fallen trees. Glad to hear everyone made it through ok.

Two of my friends were at the game during the storm. One of them had his car ripped up. Crazy stuff.
So they moved the games to Alexander and Georgia won a doubleheader!

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']Two of my friends were at the game during the storm. One of them had his car ripped up. Crazy stuff.
So they moved the games to Alexander and Georgia won a doubleheader![/quote]

They just won it all!!!! Four wins in three days against #3, #2, #1.....Amazing!

[quote name='Tybee']They just won it all!!!! Four wins in three days against #3, #2, #1.....Amazing![/quote]

I can't believe it, first time I have seen his team play like that in Felton's five years. Nice to have a team back in the Dance :lol::bouncy:

[quote name='bier']I can't believe it, first time I have seen his team play like that in Felton's five years. Nice to have a team back in the Dance :lol::bouncy:[/quote]

So exciting! Go Dawgs! (and this is coming from a Tech/State alum!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back