General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']The Super Target right next to Stone Mountain Park on Rockbridge had 1 copy of Spiderman: Friend or Foe 360 for $14.xx and a few copies of Folklore PS3 for the same.[/quote]

Ack! Hope there's a copy of Folklore still there tomorrow night. That's the earliest I can get out there! I keep missing those at all these Targets. *shakes fist at work* :wall:

[quote name='Enron']Ha! Score. Found another copy of Folklore at the Cobb Pkwy Target for 14.98. Have no idea where it came from, ive hit that target 3 times in the last 2 weeks and that's the first ive seen of it there.[/quote]

Bah I was going to go last night to see if they had it, but my g.f wanted to go to kroger instead! :bomb:

But has anyone found any good Pawn shops here in kennesaw? I have hit a few down by the big chicken but never notice any up here.

Those of you looking for the wireless 360 headsets clearance priced by TRU: The Buckhead (Phipps) location had a bunch when I stopped in last night. Two on the accessories rack, and five more behind the counter. May also have had more in back. They're $29.98 (half price). I've been enjoying mine and haven't had any static problems yet.

Also saw at least three copies of Elite Beat Agents in the bargain bin there, and some XBLA Unplugged ($5), which I briefly considered nabbing because it comes with a 30-day XBLA card and I don't have Geometry Wars yet. But didn't bite.

[quote name='Tybee']
Also saw at least three copies of Elite Beat Agents in the bargain bin there, and some XBLA Unplugged ($5), which I briefly considered nabbing because it comes with a 30-day XBLA card and I don't have Geometry Wars yet. But didn't bite.[/QUOTE]

I think I might need to pick up the Unplugged.... I'll have to consider headset though....

[quote name='AlohaMars2']I think I might need to pick up the Unplugged.... I'll have to consider headset though....[/quote]

Does the unplugged require the disc to play, or does it copy the games to your hard drive?

[quote name='spamminator']Does the unplugged require the disc to play, or does it copy the games to your hard drive?[/quote]

Was wondering the same thing myself.

I gotta stop schlepping up to Kennesaw. There's never anything good there. Checked the TRU for clearance stuff. Only thing of mild interest were three copies of FFV for the GBA. No wireless 360 headsets (not that I need any more, but I check for you guys) nor any of the 360 or DS games I was looking for.

[quote name='spamminator']Just went by the Pleasant Hill Fry's, and they had about 10 copies of Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 for the 360 for 39.99 left. Also a bunch of copies of Dark Kingdom for PS3 for 2.99 in the clearance bins at the front. [/quote]
facefault-1.gif
Llike, how many is a bunch? Is it probable that they (all I'd want is one or possibly two copies) will still be there if I head out this weekend?

[quote name='Enron']Ha! Score. Found another copy of Folklore at the Cobb Pkwy Target for 14.98. Have no idea where it came from, ive hit that target 3 times in the last 2 weeks and that's the first ive seen of it there.[/quote]Dang dang dang. It wasn't there when I looked a couple weeks back. Or I'm blind. That's a possibility I should consider.

Welcome to our new ATL cags.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Dang dang dang. It wasn't there when I looked a couple weeks back. Or I'm blind. That's a possibility I should consider.

[/quote]

It wasnt there last week, either. Im thinking this one was hidden somewhere or it was a return, because the most recent clearance sticker on it was for 29.99. And i found it over in the section where all the marked-down non-clearance games were.

[quote name='guinaevere']
facefault-1.gif
Llike, how many is a bunch? Is it probable that they (all I'd want is one or possibly two copies) will still be there if I head out this weekend?[/quote]

Like 30. I might go back over there today after work (in like 30), so I'll see what's still there.

[quote name='guinaevere']Welcome to our new ATL cags.[/quote]

Thanks! :D

Just went into pleasant hill fry's. someone must have gone and cleaned them out -- no copies of dark kingdom left (i swear there were 30-40 yesterday). they had 1 copy of ps3 blazing angels and 1 copy ps3 marvel ultimate alliance in the 4.99 bin...

[quote name='spamminator']Just went into pleasant hill fry's. someone must have gone and cleaned them out -- no copies of dark kingdom left (i swear there were 30-40 yesterday). they had 1 copy of ps3 blazing angels and 1 copy ps3 marvel ultimate alliance in the 4.99 bin...[/QUOTE]

tis truly a tragic thing when a gold mine runs dry.

Oh and there was nothing at the target on North Druid Hills. I used the online inventory checker thing and there was supposedly a folklore AND ninja gaiden sigma at that store. Needless to say I left pretty disappointed.

I went out to the Stone Mountain Target and sure enough, there were a few copies of Folklore for 15 bucks. Thanks for the tip!
There were a few copies of the F1 game for PS3 as well. They were hanging on a clearance display near the endcap. They were marked at $41. Since they were out, I figured I'd go scan it. Wouldn't you know? They scan for 29.98. I didn't pull the trigger, but I figured folks might want to know.

Oh, and at least 2 copies of Lego Star Wars 2 (not the Complete Saga) were there too for 9.98. Not bad at all.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']I went out to the Stone Mountain Target and sure enough, there were a few copies of Folklore for 15 bucks. Thanks for the tip!
There were a few copies of the F1 game for PS3 as well. They were hanging on a clearance display near the endcap. They were marked at $41. Since they were out, I figured I'd go scan it. Wouldn't you know? They scan for 29.98. I didn't pull the trigger, but I figured folks might want to know.

Oh, and at least 2 copies of Lego Star Wars 2 (not the Complete Saga) were there too for 9.98. Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Glad they were still there for you. Sometimes, I hesitate to mention deals I see because I live pretty far from most of you on here, and I would feel guilty if you made a long trek and there was nothing there.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Glad they were still there for you. Sometimes, I hesitate to mention deals I see because I live pretty far from most of you on here, and I would feel guilty if you made a long trek and there was nothing there.[/quote]

Nah, definitely let us know what you find. I live in Decatur, and though I don't usually get over to Stone Mountain, it's right next door and easily accessible if there's a chance for a deal.

[quote name='spamminator']Does the unplugged require the disc to play, or does it copy the games to your hard drive?[/quote]I wish it would install them to the HDD, but you have to have the disc in to play. On the other hand I paid $5 to get one month tacked onto live and several games which cost 5 or more each.

Just went into pleasant hill fry's. someone must have gone and cleaned them out -- no copies of dark kingdom left (i swear there were 30-40 yesterday). they had 1 copy of ps3 blazing angels and 1 copy ps3 marvel ultimate alliance in the 4.99 bin...

I knew that would happen before I made it back there. I doubt I'd get there in time to get BA or MUA especially since there's one of each. I just bought both of those for 10 for the 360 and haven't opened them, too. Oh well. Anyone know if Fry's would price adjust the Untold Legends I got a couple days ago for 10 now that it's sold out. What is their PA policy anyway?

Anyone looking for clearance Simpsons for X360 at Target:

There was one copy left at the Atlantic Station Target last night (I got one of the last 2, and the girl wouldn't let me use the 5 off 25 coupon, since it's not a "toy" :cry: )

There were also 4 or so at the Gwinnett SuperTarget on Venture Dr.

A question:

Let's say that I hold on to my copy unopened, and the clearance price drops within the next 30 days. Can I take it back and get credited back the difference?

Just got back from the Perimeter Super Target where I saw...

one copy of Shadow of the Colossus - 14.98
one copy of Naruto Uzumaki - 13.98
a whole bunch of Viva Pinata Party Animals - 20.98
one Jericho PC - 14.98
a few Heroes of Might & Magic 5 PC - 7.48
and one LOTR Online Shadow of Angmar PC - 13.98

seems like there's a good cross section of atlanta represented here, so i've got a question for you guys:

is there a (board) game store in atlanta?

i'm from dallas, tx originally, and at a couple malls there's stores that are just full of board games..ones you've heard of and ones you haven't, and usually some puzzles, and maybe some cool random toys. haven't been able to find anything like that, but i haven't peeked around every corner so i could be missing it...

yes there is. I used to pass it on the way to my moms house. I can't recall exactly where it is though. Somewhere around Tech I think because I used to see Tech shuttles. I want to say on 17th or 15th street. I'm pretty sure there was a Firehouse Subs in the same plaza so I'm going to say 10th street. I usually don't go that way anymore since my Mom moved to Stone Mountain but if I get the chance I can take that route home from school.

[quote name='kristaia']seems like there's a good cross section of atlanta represented here, so i've got a question for you guys:

is there a (board) game store in atlanta?

i'm from dallas, tx originally, and at a couple malls there's stores that are just full of board games..ones you've heard of and ones you haven't, and usually some puzzles, and maybe some cool random toys. haven't been able to find anything like that, but i haven't peeked around every corner so i could be missing it...[/quote]

Several malls here have (or at least used to have) stores like this. I know Town Center had one, maybe Lenox. Wish I could come up with a name for you. Next time I'm at a mall, I'll look.

At North Point Mall, there was a board game store called the Gamekeeper. It's been closed for years but there might be another location at some of the other malls. Other than the Gamekeeper, I can't think of another store.

[quote name='Tybee']Several malls here have (or at least used to have) stores like this. I know Town Center had one, maybe Lenox. Wish I could come up with a name for you. Next time I'm at a mall, I'll look.[/quote]

None in Town Center, I work there:cool:

hobby town has some, but it's a very small selection and very overpriced :/

i remember i came to visit atlanta four or so years ago there was a really nice one in the perimeter mall but apparently closed between then and my moving here two years ago. i looked up gamekeeper and there's several atlanta locations listed but i don't know how up to date it is. maybe i'll try giving some of them a call to see if they're still there.

i found this list of stores but that's a lot of calls to make. anyone familiar with anything on this list?
http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Games_and_Game_Supplies/Atlanta_GA.html

[quote name='kristaia']hobby town has some, but it's a very small selection and very overpriced :/

i remember i came to visit atlanta four or so years ago there was a really nice one in the perimeter mall but apparently closed between then and my moving here two years ago. i looked up gamekeeper and there's several atlanta locations listed but i don't know how up to date it is. maybe i'll try giving some of them a call to see if they're still there.

i found this list of stores but that's a lot of calls to make. anyone familiar with anything on this list?
http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Games_and_Game_Supplies/Atlanta_GA.html[/quote]

Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Scientific Games is NOT a game store. A buddy of mine works there.

Holy crap, Tyche's Games is still open? That opened up in Athens when I was in college 10 years ago .

[quote name='Enron']Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Scientific Games is NOT a game store. A buddy of mine works there.

Holy crap, Tyche's Games is still open? That opened up in Athens when I was in college 10 years ago .[/quote]

the list seems to be a mix of board games, dice/d&d type games, and billiards type games stores, but i have no idea how up to date it is :/

[quote name='kristaia']the list seems to be a mix of board games, dice/d&d type games, and billiards type games stores, but i have no idea how up to date it is :/[/quote]

Heh. Scientific Games is a software development firm that codes the systems for State Lotteries.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Hobby Town sucks.[/quote]

Yes it does but its the only place I know that has WoW trading cards (tried to get rares to sale) and some decent price on RC Car stuff

[quote name='Wolfkin']dude I just realized the :ds: headset makes a very nice filler.
I don't even have a copy of hunters anymore but next game I buy that's a trigger I might pull.[/quote]

I think El Gray has this. Maybe he can give us a little review.

Noticed it's around $7 at Target as well.

[quote name='Tecka']Yes it does but its the only place I know that has WoW trading cards (tried to get rares to sale) and some decent price on RC Car stuff[/QUOTE]

really? i'd think comic book stores would have them.

[quote name='kristaia']really? i'd think comic book stores would have them.[/QUOTE]

Seriously-- if there's a type of collectible card that Oxford Comics doesn't carry, I'd be quite surprised.

I was unable to get to a Costco (don't have a card) last week for the 10.99 prices, but I was willing to pay 15.99 for a couple of the titles anyway. My wife happened to go to the Windward location today with a friend and they still had almost all the ones from the list. I think she got the last copy of Monkey Ball, but there were definitely more Winter Sports (although she couldn't say how many). The rest of the games on the list also seemed to be there except for Mercury Meltdown Revolution and Cars.

apparently Costco restocked. Peachtree-Dunwoody has about 10 copies of Winder Sports earlier today.

Dude.. Oxford Comics.. how could I forget about Oxford Comics. I live about half a mile from them.

[quote name='Enron']Oxford is that place on Piedmont in between buckhead and morningside, isn't it?

Edit: well, way past Morningside.[/QUOTE]

It's just north of Lindbergh, yes.

Tried to get in a Brawl with Rupan Sensei the other night, but something was up with my connection, I think. Maybe another time.

Did my (roughly) weekly sweep of the Edgewood Target clearance section and saw that Stranglehold had dropped to 14.98, so I bit. There's a few more copies there, as well as NBA2k8, one copy of Viva Pinata, and Naruto: Rise of Ninja or whatever. Naruto was 40 I think, but everything else seemed to be 14.98.

Also scored R6:Vegas I for 19.99, but I didn't see any other copies. Just a heads up!

[quote name='simple']Did my (roughly) weekly sweep of the Edgewood Target clearance section and saw that Stranglehold had dropped to 14.98, so I bit. There's a few more copies there, as well as NBA2k8, one copy of Viva Pinata, and Naruto: Rise of Ninja or whatever. Naruto was 40 I think, but everything else seemed to be 14.98.

Also scored R6:Vegas I for 19.99, but I didn't see any other copies. Just a heads up![/quote]NBA2k8 or College Hoops 2k8? And was it 14.98 as well? Thanks.

[quote name='jdawgg76']NBA2k8 or College Hoops 2k8? And was it 14.98 as well? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Crap, now you've got me paranoid - I think NBA but I could very well be wrong. I'd guess it was 14.98 but I didn't specifically check. Sorry! Its all falling apart!

[quote name='El Gray']It's just north of Lindbergh, yes.

Tried to get in a Brawl with Rupan Sensei the other night, but something was up with my connection, I think. Maybe another time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was trying too, but it just kept kicking me off the Nintendo network.

[quote name='simple']Crap, now you've got me paranoid - I think NBA but I could very well be wrong. I'd guess it was 14.98 but I didn't specifically check. Sorry! Its all falling apart![/quote]My bad. I have that effect on people!

The Tucker TRU has one Xbox Live Gold Vision Pack left (it's on clearance for $39.99). There were two before I got there. ;)

Cheap way to get a year of Live, with the web cam, 200 MS points, a couple games, and a headset thrown in for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back