General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with SF4 out now... That is a good question.

CVS2 has been falling off, player base wise, year after year. 3S has remained strong over the last few years. So who knows how it is now.

Maybe I should play CvS2 strictly with P groove ( i know, it's just not the same)... But then again I mainly play SNK chars (specifically Rock). My local friends are even more adept and into 3s than I am.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I just spent forever and a half looking through your flickr to find a picture of you! Nice psp[/QUOTE]

I'm like photogenic dood, I run away whenever there's a camera coz I dont wanna share my ugly.

plus I'm not on myspace so it's not like I take pictures of myself in the mirror or anything...

but this guy named scott ind took my pic at the street fighter tournament and posted on his flickr recently... u can look for that!!

[quote name='BlueSwim']
And incase you didn't find one, there's always this.
[/QUOTE]

lol, that's Rain. He's like hella popular among asian girls

I've always wondered what the fighting scene would be like if that Daigo Super parry event at EVO '04 never happened. Of course 3s wouldn't be as popular, but would other games be affected as well?

Sometimes I wish that super parry happened in CvS2 instead... -_-

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, that's Rain. He's like hella popular among asian girls[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:Well, not being an Asian girl and all I guess I have an excuse.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='JEKKI']lol, that's Rain. He's like hella popular among asian girls[/quote]

I didn't know you were Rain Jekki! Colbert should have beat you for the most influential person in the world.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4urj_3LV8E[/media]

Isn't Joe on the cover?

This game looks like it'll play like MvC2.

So, is it most likely not coming to the states? I honestly haven't heard of the brand Tatsunoko until this game was announced. Do they have a different name in the US?

p.s. four buttons (tag, weak, medium, strong)? Sounds like a simple game, hopefully not too simple.

[quote name='depascal22']Most SNK games have done pretty well with four buttons. And don't forget Guilty Gear.[/quote]
Yeah, but they usually had 2 punches and 2 kick buttons at least. This game will have just plain weak, medium, and strong, and a tag button which I assume will switchs chars and be used in other partner type moves.

if it's 4 buttons it could work well just like playing darkstalkers on easy mode. Where the weak/medium punch is one button and the weak/medium kick is the other, then you have the strong punch and kick, pressing a weak punch/kick does a 3-4 hit weak/medium combo.

maybe they'll replace the tatsunoko characters with some franchise from the US so they could bring a different game here or even a MvC3 recycling this material.

A game like this should be (and probably will be) multiplatform because it'll probably outsell SFIV just like MvC outsold SF3. A game like this will easily sell a few million extra Wiis if it doesn't go multiplat.

speaking of MvC, I just sold my PS1 copy of MvC1 on Amazon for $63.99! I originally assumed it wouldn't go for much, since the lack of arcade accuracy would make it irrelevant for fighter fans. But apparently there's still a demand among collectors for it, even for unsealed copies. As soon as I realized there was money to be had, I put mine up for sale. I'll be putting the money towards that custom 360 joystick I've been wanting. :D

I got my order for TvC arcade sticks (x 2) and game in already. Can't wait til Dec. 11th.

I'm going to Capcom HQ next week for some work meetings. ^_^ Should be fun.

[quote name='Casiotech']at least Morrigan will get a new Sprite in TvC, well not really a new sprite but something new![/quote]
At least it's something. haha

I had a custom disc from my DC CD-R's, this one has Capcom vs SNK 2, SF3:3s and MvC2. There's also the option to switch the soundtracks for each title.
I HOPE it's coming to XBLA/PSN, like that rumor says.

If MvC2 for XBL/PSN has decent netcode, it will sell like hotcakes.

I'll bet it'd sell well without it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ markman are you a game developer or something?

MvC sells for crazy amounts on amazon. Everything goes for more on amazon as opposed to ebay especially for sealed items. I sell lots of rare games there too bad they don't give powerseller-like discounts though. Selling a $63 game will leave you with like $50. Which is way too steep.

[quote name='Casiotech']MvC sells for crazy amounts on amazon. Everything goes for more on amazon as opposed to ebay especially for sealed items. I sell lots of rare games there too bad they don't give powerseller-like discounts though. Selling a $63 game will leave you with like $50. Which is way too steep.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the commission is a downer. I like how you can just post an item for free and forget about it though. Very stress-free. It's always a pleasant surprise when I get an email out of nowhere telling me another item got sold. My favorite so far was a sealed Pikmin 2. I paid $10 for it in a clearance sale a couple years ago... after commission I got $68.37 for it on Amazon. More stick money!!!

yeah there is no question that amazon caters to the rich crowd. You probably wouldn't get $85 for a sealed pikmin 2 on ebay that's for sure!

but ebay got better in terms of listing. It's .05 cents now and you can leave it for 30 days so they are trying to rip on amazon's structure.

The good part is ebay will give powersellers more exposure even if the price is higher than someone with worse feedback with the cheaper item. So it's good for me.

I don't get the fascination with pikmin either. It was like $12.99 at gamestop for the past 2 years now it's like $30 again.

@ Casiotech

No I'm not, the place I work at just has licensing agreements with them. I'm stoked because I have two friends that work at Capcom so I'll be able to visit them. Aren't you the guy who was insulting everyone a few months back? lol, if so, welcome back and you're much nicer this time around ;)

---

Does anyone here have all three versions of Marvel vs Capcom 2? I have 2 of each :x (2 x DC, 2 x PS2, 2 x Xbox) I should sell at least one of each!

I used to have all the versions of MvC2 but I dumped the PS2 and Xbox versions last summer to help pay for my new TV. Worked out pretty well. I think I got $96 for PS2 and $50 for Xbox. Not bad for two $5 Circuit City clearance games from 2004.

I just have the DC version of MvC2 that I bought day one. My friend has the Xbox version. I've played the PS2 version and the Xbox version is definitely better, but the arcade perfect DC version is where it's at.

35he5ox.jpg

sf IV character select peek a boo i see a rose! and gen?

Ha, they finally updated Zangief's flag. I always thought it was funny that the Soviet Union collapsed like 2 months after SF2 came out. Whoever designed his stage must've been pissed.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What kind of flag does Gouken have? Also, who's the guy directly to the left of the character select timer?[/quote]

Gouken is his own country. :D

The guy on the left looks to be Seth, the boss.

[quote name='MarkMan']Does anyone here have all three versions of Marvel vs Capcom 2? I have 2 of each :x (2 x DC, 2 x PS2, 2 x Xbox) I should sell at least one of each![/quote]

I used to have 2 PS2's, 3 XBox's, but I sold off the incomplete ones. I kept one copy of each that were complete. I've never owned a Dreamcast, so I never picked that version up, but it'd be the easiest and cheapest to find to complete the set.

The real question is, in that TvC footage, how is there infinite time? Console version, or a test version with the settings tweaked?

I really need to commit to pre-ordering TvC on Wii, but I'm just worried that a PS3 version will be announced and that would be easier, and have better stick support.

*sigh*

MM, care to share any insight on whether my worries are warranted?

About SF4 - wtf Rose? Where is my HUGO!!!?!?! Also, FINALLY! A SF game with random select! I feel like I've been waiting forever. MvC2 would be 1000x better if it had random select.

PS: I know tha Alpha games had random.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Who's to the left of the countdown? Seth?[/quote]
i thought it was FULGORE

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']MvC2 would be 1000x better if it had random select.

PS: I know tha Alpha games had random.[/QUOTE]

This! This! This!

I always thought I was the only one *sniff*.

Seriously though, my friend and I would (and occasionally still get to) always use random select for most of our fights on X-men/SF on the Saturn and it inevitably wound up being a blast. Sometimes I'd think I had an easy win coming up when he'd get a team the he didn't like but then I'd get overconfident and screw up. Ah the memories...

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Also, FINALLY! A SF game with random select! I feel like I've been waiting forever. MvC2 would be 1000x better if it had random select.

PS: I know tha Alpha games had random.[/QUOTE]Very good point! What I would love to see even more would be the ability to choose a new character when a second player joins in, in arcade mode. How come no Capcom games ever do this???

Rose was the shit in SF Alpha 2.

CVS2 is dropping off and it's sad. Mostly because it's my favorite fighting game. A/N Groove fo lyfe.

[quote name='asianxcore']CVS2 is dropping off and it's sad. Mostly because it's my favorite fighting game. A/N Groove fo lyfe.[/quote]
Indeed. ;(

Maybe Capcom and SNK will look at the resurgence of the fighting game market and hook us up with CvS3 next year. It's wishful thinking but, hell, we're already getting MvC2, SFIV, SFIIHD, Tekken 6 on the 360, and KOFXII. Might as well go for the whole kit and kaboodle.

The Street Fighter IV cast is rounding out very nicely. I don't know who I want to use as my main yet. I imagine it'll be a couple weeks of playing with everyone before I settle into one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back