General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm prolly gonna main Ryu for arcade.

I tried Abel and he's fun but I'm not a player who gets up in my opponents face when both our feet are on the ground.

I tried Honda and he jus sucks, EX butt on wakeup, EX oicho all day, that's pretty much it...

if not Ryu then Blanka maybe... I donno still learning the game VERY SLOWLY.

I might use Rufus since everyone's probably going to use Ryu, Ken, or Chun Li. Besides, it's fun to use new characters. I tried him in the arcade and he wasn't bad.

I think it's pretty badass that they've got Gouken in there. Is he gonna play kinda like another shoto or does he have some other type of style goin' on?

[quote name='depascal22']February can't come soon enough. I already told everyone that all I want for my birthday is SFIV.[/QUOTE]

Same here. SFIV and a SFIV stick is what I'm getting on my birthday.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 just joined the XBLA's Arcade Hits line-up. The price has been dropped to 400 MS Points or $5.[/QUOTE]

If they'd patch it so I can remap the buttons I'd still be playing it. Stupid lazy Midway.

[quote name='DarthPuma']So the new MK isn't playable with a stick?[/quote]

MK vs. DC can use a stick. Ship said so when he was on the CAGcast after E3. I believe he said that to move in 3D you have to press a button instead of switching from the pad to the stick on the regular controller.

In the bit I've played, I liked Bison, Sagat and Abel.

I haven't even tried every character yet though, so it's hard to say. I might main Sagat for Evo, but it all depends on if/when they patch it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']El Fuerte, C. Viper, and maybe I'll try picking up T. Hawk again. Love representin' my native brothas.[/quote]

I don't think T. Hawk is in this game?

My Street Fighter IV main will be Cammy. She's been my main since Super Street Fighter II on the SNES so I don't see a need to change now. Not too sure about my secondary character. Might try out Crimson Viper before jumping back to a Shoto.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Indeed. ;([/quote]
I really don't understand why it's dropping in popularity faster compared to others. I really think it's a jewel of a game that can definitely last as long as ST. I guess there wasn't a great match to psych up some people (i.e. Daigo for 3s and Duc for MvC2).

Personally, it's still K for me. Although, I'm starting to grow fond of P groove.

[quote name='JEKKI']nobody in SoCal uses Chun Li.

like... nobody. Supposedly she sucks according to Justin Wong, cant spam fierce all day like in 3S.

Ed Ma got 1st place at last saturday's FFA tournament... using Dhalsim!!!

all keep away style.

btw nobody using Viper anymore either[/quote]

It annoys me when someone loves a character, but totally drops them when they suck in the next sequel. Wish more of the competitive scene would just stick with characters they like!

I mained Guy in Alpha 1 because i liked the character...it just so happens that he was top tier. I stuck with him in A2 despite his serious drop in rankings. Myself and Choi were the only players that stuck with Guy in A2.

:roll:

If people in the competitive scene stayed with who they liked, we wouldn't have any top player consistency.

Some games are just so different from the others and you gotta make the decision to love your character and lose, or leave your character and win.

Word.

What do I know, I have fun.

I gotta try 'em all before I can figure out which one I like. I'm leaning Sagat/Fei/Cammy, but I wanna try all the new characters too.

i suck at fighting games in general but when i had super street fighter 2 turbo on snes my favorite char was guile...so i'll use guile

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm intrigued at all the abel love.[/quote]
Abel is a cross of a grapple character and someone that can close distance in a split second. After you play with him for a few rounds, you can see how balanced he is among the characters. He is not top tier but not at the bottom.

Like Jekki said, I have yet to see anyone in SoCal use Chun-Li effectively. C.Viper might have potential but she is gonna get killed in matches VS shotos and Gief.

[quote name='MarkMan']No love for Chun cept from me ;P

She's supposed to be really good/highly regarded in Japan.[/quote]

How's her poke game? ;)

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't think T. Hawk is in this game?[/quote]
Didn't they mention that all the new challengers were going to make it in SFIV? If not, then boo. EIther way, it's still the aforementioned two, and a third character, probably Bison. I always wanted to learn how to use him.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Didn't they mention that all the new challengers were going to make it in SFIV? If not, then boo. EIther way, it's still the aforementioned two, and a third character, probably Bison. I always wanted to learn how to use him.[/quote]

Yeah I never liked the New Challengers.. only 3 of them were stereotypes. Not very Capcom :\

[quote name='Casiotech']/bore. Who competes with balrog? Srsly?[/QUOTE]

hella ppl use Rog top tier in ST.

in SFIV he's pretty good, he can get free Ultra on headbutt

[quote name='Casiotech']/bore. Who competes with balrog? Srsly?[/quote]

Wow. Thanks JEKKI for quoting this, I didn't see it earlier.

lol.

Balrog (Boxer) is considered among the top characters in Super Street Fighter II TURBO (the longest played SF game, competitively). Lots of top Japanese players think that Balrog is the #1 character in the game (in the right hands, of course).

He's a beast in SFIV too. He gives a lot of problematic matchups to some characters and his super armor stuff is just too buff.

Not to mention the whiff punish potential on his Ultra/Super.

+ He has a legit overhead now!

But we all know the reason he is a beast....

Gigaton punch.

[quote name='option.iv']I really don't understand why it's dropping in popularity faster compared to others. I really think it's a jewel of a game that can definitely last as long as ST. I guess there wasn't a great match to psych up some people (i.e. Daigo for 3s and Duc for MvC2).
[/QUOTE]

There just aren't enough new players for CVS2. Mostly top players. The CVS2 top players have already shown they are kings of their respective groove (C/John Choi, N/Nuki/Buktooth, A/Bas/Ricky Ortiz for example). I know I have talked to a lot of my friends who are casual players who are already tired of seeing A-Groove players (like myself) consistently.

The game (as much as I love it) has also hit somewhat of a stand-still. It has hit it's peak in terms of high level play/evolution and I don't see anything surprising coming out.

LOL at Balrog not being taken seriously. Dhalism/Balrog in ST make me pull my hair out on a daily basis.

So street fighter 2 hd remix is coming out on PSN thursday. Anyone want to teach a COMPLETE street fighter newb the game? I'm freaking pumped.

I have something I want to share. So if you wanna see it. Message me on AIM. Don't post my AIM here.

Exclusive CAG first look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back