General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JEKKI']bam! SoCal Chun-Li!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OF6oHOV7s[/quote]

Those downward kicks from Rufus really need to be rebalanced. It's way too easy to pull them off repeatedly. It needs to either have a slower start-up animation or to more down time after he lands. Is it one of his specials or just a regular attack?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Do people still play Alpha 3? I'm about to buy the AA from a guy.[/quote]

I do... still my fave in the series though the gameplay seemed best in 2.

note: Alpha 2 and 3 will be hitting the PSN eventually.

dood any FILIPINOS?!?!?! u kno what's hella good?? Ube Macapuno twirl ice cream!! omg!!!

u kno what else is hella dope?!?!?! muhfuggin nasty n8!!! he helped me hook up my xbox finally!!

I'm on live bitch!! my ID is JEKKISTYLE

I'ma practice dat Gears of War tonite!! whooo! and I'll try to get a stick soon too so I can bust HD Remix on the xbox audience.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Dayum, that Rufus was hella good.[/QUOTE]

u should see Ken-I Rufus...

at the denjin tournament at the beginning of the round if u can get 1 EX bar he did air to air roundhouse into EX air slap slap slap move... dood it's so damaging...

it's not in this video but this is still a good vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TAk-l_cNc

apparently u can also get an Ultra off that jumping roundhouse... Rufus has so many moves he can get Ultra off it's silly...

-EDIT-

he does it in round 1 of this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qVokLDj_A

also that mini launcher he does at the end of round 1 when he defeats Chun while she's dizzy... u can get Ultra off that too!!

[quote name='DarthPuma']Do people still play Alpha 3? I'm about to buy the AA from a guy.[/quote]
My friends dabbled in Alpha 3 and we even played some alpha over the past weekend. I myself used to play it on the GBA a lot. Tried it again today and pretty much forgot how to play it. Guy was my favorite character in the series. Overall, I'd say it's a good game. Depends on whether or not you're really going to play it a lot if you plan on buying it. I doubt anyone out there is still playing it religiously.

On a side note, me and my friends got a kick out of playing Gem Fighter on the AA. Definitely a breathe of fresh air from the everyday 2d fighter.

[quote name='MarkMan']It needs it because it needs the security chip encryption that all arcade sticks need.

Sorry to say that the XFPS lags when using digital only input (arcade stick). I don't know how much it lags, but it is very noticeable from what I hear.[/QUOTE]

Borrowed a wired controller and finally tried it out, works amazingly well. Tried SF2HF and Fatal Fury Special, was pulling off moves with precision and not a hint of lag. Extremely satisfied. Now i have a single arcade stick for 360/ps2/ps3/pc!

[quote name='blitz6speed']Borrowed a wired controller and finally tried it out, works amazingly well. Tried SF2HF and Fatal Fury Special, was pulling off moves with precision and not a hint of lag. Extremely satisfied. Now i have a single arcade stick for 360/ps2/ps3/pc![/quote]

Are you sure there was 0 lag? Or you didn't feel it? Did you do specific lag testing? There is a reason why people aren't buying these like crazy for 360 and using their PS2/PS1 arcade sticks. Pulling off moves is easy on these things. But pulling off combos/repetition/cycles that require visual and input timing. That is what needs to be tested. I would suggest trying to play Virtua Fighter 5 and try doing some of the required timing moves.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']http://ps3.ign.com/objects/900/900199.html

IGN says Super Street Fighter 2 turbo HD remix is coming out nove 27th![/quote]

26th for 360. :)

Game is beautiful.

well im going to buy a 1600 pt card buy ssft2hd for 1200 points and with the last 400 get UMK 3 :) im going to be in fighting heaven this thanksgiving!

Still undecided on PS3 or 360 version of SFIIHD... Leaning towards PS3 since it's hooked up to my HDTV and the d-pad isn't ass.

...which reminds me... it's been too damn long that I've been without an arcade stick. I expect whenever it is I get a car and I can actually meet other people to play in Miami I'll get a stick.

[quote name='MarkMan']I wish I could detail the pricing... but yea. I think the price is 'reasonable'...[/quote]

I thought a price of $15 was already established/announced? I could be wrong, though.

That Chun player was good. Rufus is just so beastly. I wish I could play 4 today, watchin those vids got me hyped. With regards to SF2HD, I think I'm gonna get both versions. PS3 to play with some of you guys /use my custom stick and 360 to play with friends / the rest of you guys.

Someone play UMK today with me on Live! I got nothin to do all day.

Also, I added you on Live Jekki. Hit me up for some Gears or anything.

[quote name='MarkMan']Are you sure there was 0 lag? Or you didn't feel it? Did you do specific lag testing? There is a reason why people aren't buying these like crazy for 360 and using their PS2/PS1 arcade sticks. Pulling off moves is easy on these things. But pulling off combos/repetition/cycles that require visual and input timing. That is what needs to be tested. I would suggest trying to play Virtua Fighter 5 and try doing some of the required timing moves.[/QUOTE]

I did a bunch of combos in SF2 and all went well. I have VF5 installed on the 360 hard drive, ill try out some of the combo stuff. Really tho, it works really well. The main problem is the price, it sells for 60-100 bucks. I got mine on craigslist for 40 bucks.

so apparently there's a book fair next to my job sponsored by the city that is fucking kick ass since the theme this year is comic books... will eisner original artwork...

and

(pic is sideways...)

udono.jpg

UDON! udon has a friggen stand with one of their artists there... art books and everything... damn that SF 2nd artbook is nice.

the sad part? I'm low on cash and can't get jack shit :(

Street Fighter HD... get both!!!

I'm only getting PS3 tho... I need a xbox joystick first...

and fuuck dood did u see Gouken's focus attack?!?!?!

that range is broken!!

apparently the artist that's here today is none other than the guy who designed all the art the sprites in SFIIHD is based off of... fuck... I want some stuff from the guy... my friend got some portrait art of Alex.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently the artist that's here today is none other than the guy who designed all the art the sprites in SFIIHD is based off of... fuck... I want some stuff from the guy... my friend got some portrait art of Alex.[/quote]

Akiman?

yo! Street Fighter HD on 1up Show!!

hey markmang u should use your industry clout to introduce me to Tina!

TEEEEEEENAAAAAAAH~!!!!!!

Here is first gameplay video of Cammy vs. Chun Li in Street Fighter IV.......:drool::drool::drool: Good, it looks like Cammy plays just like Cammy. She has the same super move that she had in Super Turbo and Alpha. The Spin Drive Smasher, I believe it's called???

@Jekki - YOU GOT....PAID?!?!?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I wonder if Cammy's Ultra is just a beefy version of her QCF + K super, or if it's more similar to her QCB super that went straight up?[/quote]

Looks like it's the Spiral Arrow into Cannon Spike.

I'm getting that SSF2T HDR on PSN, because the 360 pad is an abomination.

SFIV comes out 11 days before my birthday, noice. That's my birthday present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back