General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='option.iv']I'm thinking Brawl will be gone by 2k10.

I'd be iffy about BlazBlue. Isn't most of the BlazBlue community comprised of the GG community? If so, I would think another game for the GG/BB community would definitely not be a shoe in, especially since the "incident" at EVO 2k7.

[/quote]

what was said incident?

[quote name='MarkMan']Also posted in the arcade stick thread:

Preview:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/arcade-stick-ranking/

Not 100% done. I'm putting together a grid/chart that shows which parts are used, PCB info, and build info.

Not many changes will be made ranking wise, but if anyone has any opinions/arguments they'd like to bring up, I would like to hear it. And no, this post is not for me to spill out reasoning/info on why I think the SF4 sticks are ranked so high -_-

Also, I don't know where I should put MAS sticks... There are so many different types/builds. But I do agree a Happ MAS is equivalent to that of a HAPP anniversary stick. Not to mention the deteriorating quality of parts used for those sticks over the years... -_- ... Oh well. I'll probably put the MAS at A or A+. Cuz I don't know if anyone is old enough to remember way back... there WERE definite issues...

---

For people who are lazy to click:[/QUOTE]

I have some opinions/arguments. Mainly the Nubytech Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick stick. No way is that thing a B+ unmodded. I think you missed it by the few ranks. While built well (solid box, headset support, dual systems, great art), the buttons and joystick are nearly unplayable. Without it modded it's uncompetitive. It's not as good as the others you ranked in the B+ and not even better than the ones ranked in B (the Hori Tekken 5 Anniversary Arcade Stick is better). Other than this issue, great list.

Also, please ranks the Mas. I paid so much for mine years ago. I don't want to think it to be obsolete. Yes, their were issues. I changed out the PBC in mine because it had lag issues working with converters. Other than that, it's still a part of my collection.

[IMG-C=4838]3822[/IMG-C]

option.iv, modding is a big factor because some might be super easy to mod, while some may be horrible experiences. The ease of modding IMO, will make a ranking higher.

---

controlcommerce... I had this discussion on SRK. I think it is too hard to rate a MAS. I have 4 different MAS sticks and their quality varies. The PCB is definitely the issue and they didn't get that right until later on.

Early 2000 MAS sticks were a nightmare for Dreamcast owners and PS2 owners lol.

The Nubytech unmodded, i decent, I think. I think it's stock Bao Lian parts aren't THAT bad, the buttons are, but still, with it's ease of modding, it ranks up there.

You can't easily mod a T5 anniversary stick... but with a Nubytech stick, you don't need to solder at all, it's probably one of the easiest mods for both STICK and BUTTONS. No other stick except certain HRAPs can claim that.

Hey Markman, I just wanna make sure before I drop any $$ -- the Hori stick for the Wii is basically the EX2, right? As in, it's decent enough, but presumably a bitch to mod?

I'm seriously like... mad close to pullin' the trigger on this order.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hey Markman, I just wanna make sure before I drop any $$ -- the Hori stick for the Wii is basically the EX2, right? As in, it's decent enough, but presumably a bitch to mod?

I'm seriously like... mad close to pullin' the trigger on this order.[/quote]

Pretty much. The only main difference is. It is wireless (plugs into Wii remote).

If you want to search for a GameCube Soul Calibur II or GameCube Fighting Stick, that would be the better buy IMO.

Might be cheaper too.

I see a new one on ebay for $90 shipped... not sure if that is in your price range. But that's for a NEW one lol.

----

For more discussions on tier listing for sticks, check here on SRK:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=170148

$50 is about what I'm willin/my parents wold be willin' to drop for a stick... especially since I'm also getting the TVC game and other stuff. And I really just need something cheap-ish since this is just for TVC and SNK Arcade Classics.

Thanks again, MM.

Oh, and out of curiosity, why's the PS3 Fighting Stick ranked below the 360 and Wii iterations of the stick?

I might have my mom order me buttons and a stick for christmas. I was going to have her go HAPP since they are so much cheaper and I've heard it's more of a preference thing, but I wanted to make sure they were alright.

Shit I thought I was in the stick thread.

It is easy to mod, that's way I agree with the ranking of the modded SFA stick. But the stick as is, I would not choose it over any of the Hori sticks in class B.

[quote name='Chacrana']$50 is about what I'm willin/my parents wold be willin' to drop for a stick... especially since I'm also getting the TVC game and other stuff. And I really just need something cheap-ish since this is just for TVC and SNK Arcade Classics.

Thanks again, MM.

Oh, and out of curiosity, why's the PS3 Fighting Stick ranked below the 360 and Wii iterations of the stick?[/quote]

The button mapping. That's the main/only reason.

Refer to this post:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=5847179&postcount=15

90% of the people I play marvel with or at Preppy's use MAS sticks, and they are pretty nice for the most part. The quality definately does vary though.

[quote name='MarkMan']option.iv, modding is a big factor because some might be super easy to mod, while some may be horrible experiences. The ease of modding IMO, will make a ranking higher.[/quote]
I think you should just make them seperate (ease of mod and quality of parts) ranking lists. If I'm modding something, I could care less about the quality of the parts since they're going to be swapped out anyway. Those things don't seem related to each other at all. The only factors I can think of that could relate the two is either 1 part is quality and the other shitty, or the case shape and build is quality or shitty. Though these things don't really seem to be addressed.

As for the Fighting stick 3, thanks MM for clearing that up. Though that button mapping can easily be rectified by shifting all the buttons to the left and placing the L1 and L2 buttons on the far right column when modding. The inside 6 button placement feels much better than the outer six for sure.

EDIT: I'm also getting a PS3 finally. Is Battle Fantasia worth importing? And if so, anyone have a spare 5 off 50 or 8 off 50 playasia code they would graciously send to me?

EDIT2: Also, I know you said quality is the main idea of your ranking, but prices or price ranges of said sticks would be nice. I'm sure we'd like to get the best bang for the buck when considering an investment in a FG tool.

EDIT3: Modding the FS3 wasn't a horrible experience. I just followed the second post on the SRK thread about the FS3 and completed the whole process in one afternoon without a hitch. I think it to be one of the easiest mods since all of the parts needed to secure it are there, and all that is needed is a soldering pen, solder, wire, and a file/dremmel.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='heavyd853']90% of the people I play marvel with or at Preppy's use MAS sticks, and they are pretty nice for the most part. The quality definately does vary though.[/QUOTE]

They are built like tanks for sure. You can beat the shit out of them and they can take it. Perfect for Mahvel baybee.

My first custom uses Happ parts, and it's a beast too. If I want to mash, I mash on that shit.

[quote name='option.iv']I think you should just make them seperate (ease of mod and quality of parts) ranking lists. If I'm modding something, I could care less about the quality of the parts since they're going to be swapped out anyway. Those things don't seem related to each other at all. The only factors I can think of that could relate the two is either 1 part is quality and the other shitty, or the case shape and build is quality or shitty. Though these things don't really seem to be addressed.[/quote]
i think mod capability is important. not so much for being able to swap the parts you want in it, but if you need to repair it it's so easy to get done.

I'm not going to make rankings based on different factors. I'm basing them on my personal opinion/overall.

I'm going to eventually make it into a chart/grid where it has separate factors/info added such as buttons/sticks/pcb/features/etc. But that won't be done until before CES. ;)

It is done. I will have my Tatsunoko and my Capcom. I didn't think I'd have a chance to use those nice Play-Asia coupons (particularly the $12 off $100 one), but looks like I did.

Still gonna try and swing Beatmania 15 right when it comes out... gotta sell some shit I've got piling up first, though.

I'm becoming as obsessive with sticks as you. I'll have 3 now. That's... more than anticipated.

okay, still have a ways to go match the Master, I suppose.

Welcome to the club on that aspect as well!

It's always nice to have a new weapon added to your arsenal... ^_^

Bitches like to get their hair and nails done.... I like to get my buttons and sticks done.

Nah mean.

I went to the nail place once with my friend and there were these crew of gay doods getting their pedz on...

and it was funny coz they were all into it, but when it was over they tried to act all tough and hardcore,

they were like "yeah! let's get the fuck outta here! yeah yeah!!" and I was like lol.

NorCal has some shitty weather right now, but I just got these dropped on my doorstep. I'm happy. Too bad my copy of TvC isn't here yet to test them out. =P

IMG00253.jpg

Its snowing in washington right now.....like all of it.

So I can't drive to play BB because I'll die.........although I'm gonna try tommorow since the roads seem ok if they're busier ones.

I got my Mayflash Joybox converters in a few weeks ago... I'm going to start the frame testing tonight.

I have high hopes for it as I heard they were lag free!

Yesterday's high was 51, low of 3. Today's high is 11. Sucks ass.

How good are the old Nyko PS2 to GC adapters, the one with the indigo rectangle box in the middle of the cable? I have one somewhere. I use my Red Octane one now.

[quote name='MarkMan']I got my Mayflash Joybox converters in a few weeks ago... I'm going to start the frame testing tonight.

I have high hopes for it as I heard they were lag free![/QUOTE]

I hope nothing but positive things come out of that test :)

I bought them mostly because Keits over at SRK was raving about them. Dude has a ton of TvC casuals uploaded on his YouTube page.

[quote name='asianxcore']NorCal has some shitty weather right now, but I just got these dropped on my doorstep. I'm happy. Too bad my copy of TvC isn't here yet to test them out. =P

IMG00253.jpg
[/quote]

Nice. Thanks for the response, azn. Looking forward to hearing your impressions on these.

if you hate the weather come down where I am. Palm trees, tropical weather, latina ass, etc.

winter is a plus in Miami. oh, and the women.

genna work out tonight a bit... I need some body mass.

as for fighters, I need a new one... anyone know some dirt cheap PS2 ones that I probably don't have? I realize I still have yet to get KoFXI and Jimbo needs his copy of SFEX3 eventually >_

Wow. I think my TV just fuckin' crapped out. It's giving me this really weird red tint on the whole screen (except for this tiny, one-inch circle of it) that basically makes it unusable. Seriously, what the fuck?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']?????????????????????????????/

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

really????

give me a heads up. we can chill and whatnot or something. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
No, not seriously. I'd love to though. I hate the cold weather here. Though if I'm ever in the area, we'll hang.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. I think my TV just fuckin' crapped out. It's giving me this really weird red tint on the whole screen (except for this tiny, one-inch circle of it) that basically makes it unusable. Seriously, what the fuck?[/QUOTE]
TV doesn't like that new stand.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']No, not seriously. I'd love to though. I hate the cold weather here. Though if I'm ever in the area, we'll hang.
[/quote]

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm super gullible so... :cry:

but yeah, lmk if ur ever down here and I'll show you the town and the women that compliment it :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you hate the weather come down where I am. Palm trees, tropical weather, latina ass, etc.

winter is a plus in Miami. oh, and the women.

genna work out tonight a bit... I need some body mass.

as for fighters, I need a new one... anyone know some dirt cheap PS2 ones that I probably don't have? I realize I still have yet to get KoFXI and Jimbo needs his copy of SFEX3 eventually >_

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
TV doesn't like that new stand.[/QUOTE]

Apparently. Goddamnit, I really don't want to have to buy a new fucking TV. And conveniently, I'm suspended from Ebay for God knows what reason.

It shouldn't be too difficult to just open a new account for selling, right?

[quote name='option.iv']Sounds awesome. Here in San Diego it's raining and it's cold... -_-

Do you have Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?[/quote]

I was going to get NGBC but during my years at my past university my friends played it so much I came to not enjoy the game... it got very boring to me because that's all they did. :cry:

good game, just tired of it.

anyone get Orochi saga yet?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm super gullible so... :cry:

but yeah, lmk if ur ever down here and I'll show you the town and the women that compliment it :D[/QUOTE]
Definitely. It'll probably either be for fun, or when I'm touring with a band or something.

Latina women. . . :drool::drool::drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Definitely. It'll probably either be for fun, or when I'm touring with a band or something.

Latina women. . . :drool::drool::drool:[/quote]

I'll load you up on some good latin american drinks while ur down.

also, yes to latinas:

felizNavAsianHottie.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yesterday's high was 51, low of 3. Today's high is 11. Sucks ass.

How good are the old Nyko PS2 to GC adapters, the one with the indigo rectangle box in the middle of the cable? I have one somewhere. I use my Red Octane one now.[/quote]

Past 4 days.

Day -3 = 60 degrees.
Day -2 = 25 degrees.
Day -1 = 45 degrees.
Day 0 = 60 degrees.

WTF???????

Are there any characters that are really "fun" to play in HD Remix? I'm trying really hard to get into the game, but I haven't been able to learn any combos on my own (which is why I love KoFXI) and I can't find a good site online to learn them, so that means my matches consist of hadoken, hadoken, hadoken, shoryoken, ad naseum.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wow. I think my TV just fuckin' crapped out. It's giving me this really weird red tint on the whole screen (except for this tiny, one-inch circle of it) that basically makes it unusable. Seriously, what the fuck?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about your Sony Bravia or that old CRT you had in CAG collection pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back