General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
like busta said, I think the coolest level breaks still go to UMK3. It somehow has that sense of being a badass more than the capcom games. Tekken 6 now has em, so there's something to look forward to.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone ever play X-men Next Dimension? looks like crap but fun.[/quote]

I liked X-Men Mutant Acdemey 1 & 2 (PS1) and even though Next Dimension was newer I remember it being a step back. Unless you got money to burn and nothing to do I'd stay away from it.

I liked them when they came out. I'm sure thay don't hold up too well now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone ever play X-men Next Dimension? looks like crap but fun.[/quote]
Not worth the time to boot up the game unless you are a die hard X-Men fan and must play just to play. Same way I feel about most of the PS1 Dragon Ball games.

X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 had a few neat secret characters. One being Spider-Man, and another Professor X who had some wacky moves with his wheel chair. A neat little tid-bit: if Prof. X tries to do a mind grab against Juggernaut it doesn't work and Juggs decks him in the face and he rolls back. That was kinda cool.

[quote name='Chacrana']I think there was another Sega compilation... maybe the original Sonic Mega Collection... that actually required you to have a save file for Sonic Heroes to unlock a game at all. There was no other way. I think it was Comix Zone, so no big loss, but still. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The Sonic Heroes save was the easy way of unlocking Comix Zone (and The Ooze) in Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2/Xbox). The hard way of unlocking Comix Zone, and I know this from first-hand experience was to play through every initial Genesis title in the collection 50 times EACH. Even though a "play" counts as at least seeing the Sega screen and quitting, it is quite a tedious process, as there is no visible record showing how many times you played each game, which means that you would have to keep track by hand. The only general rule you got during this process was the other unlockable games, which were unlocked by playing a certain single or duo of games 20 or 30 times each (As seen in the Copy/Paste below from GameFAQs, though Ristar is an exception, since it is unlocked by playing the other unlocked games, rather than the initially available games).

The Japanese GameCube version (Remember, Sega cut CZ and TO out of the US GC release to maintain an E rating) had a much easier process for Comix Zone and The Ooze: Just enter a button combination at a certain menu to unlock the game.

Blue Sphere Play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 3d Blast 20 times each.
comix zone Play the Genesis games 50 times
Flicky Play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 30 times.
Knuckles in Sonic 2 Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each.
Ristar Play Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Flicky 30 times each.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each.
The Ooze Unlock Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Blue Spheres, and Flicky

Next Dimension was awful. I actually got it recently.

It's terrible, trust me.

That MvC stage was dope though - forgot about it. I hope Tekken 6 does it well.

So like... work keeps me from having fun nowadays... That's probably the only bad thing.

One good thing... it keeps me from spending money/shopping...

So I rebalanced my checkbook today and that shit is in the green by a lot.

And that's AFTER buying a new Elite 360, 2 x Wii Fits and some games! :bouncy:

Option A:

• New Arcade Machine
  • New Desktop PC/Mac
  • New Plasma TV
Option B:

• Down payment for a new car

My car runs fine as is right now, but its kind of old. I don't really care about car 'status' or whatever. As long as it works. I'll be fine with a mini van or old clunker truck (helps me tote arcade machines! haha)...

You know what's crazy? In my department, there are 5 of us. 1 guy has a Porsche Cayman S and a new 2007 R6 motorcycle, 1 guy has 4 guys including a newer BMW M3 AND a 2006/7 R6.... the other guy has a crazy limited Porsche Carrera back home in Denmark that he just sold for 200,000 USD, the other guy has a BMW X5. That's a lot of MONEY!

I just got a hooptie! I'm fuckin up the rotation! hahah

Decisions, decisions...

The Dead Or Alive series also has very good level destruction too. Can you really beat knocking somebody out of a office building window and having them crash through a big neon sign on the way down? I THINK NOT!:lol::lol::lol:

@MarkMan - Anything from Option A. DO IT!:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']So like... work keeps me from having fun nowadays... That's probably the only bad thing.

Option A:

• New Arcade Machine
  • New Desktop PC/Mac
  • New Plasma TV
Option B:

My car runs fine as is right now, but its kind of old. I don't really care about car 'status' or whatever. As long as it works. I'll be fine with a mini van or old clunker truck (helps me tote arcade machines! haha)...

You know what's crazy? In my department, there are 5 of us. 1 guy has a Porsche Cayman S and a new 2007 R6 motorcycle, 1 guy has 4 guys including a newer BMW M3 AND a 2006/7 R6.... the other guy has a crazy limited Porsche Carrera back home in Denmark that he just sold for 200,000 USD, the other guy has a BMW X5. That's a lot of MONEY!

Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Mmmhmmm... that Carerra is a nice car. My dad's got one and he won't let me drive it very often, so I should probably just steal it one of these days.

But Mayng, do you really need a new TV? I mean, you've got an XBR2 as it is, right? I don't think that's outdated enough to ditch already (although I do quite like my new plasma.)

Personally, if I were to spend the money rather than save it, I'd do the down payment on the car, but it depends on what car.

I'm having a hell of a time getting xmugen working on my XBox. It's on there, characters are good, stages are set, epic battles are ready to happen.. but there's an error with joy2key and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm close to pulling my hair out over the issue.

Ugh, I'm back from San Diego, and I have to say that after all the awful planning and shitty road trips and housing situations...I almost don't ever wanna go to SD ever again.

Still had hella fun, though. Went there for Brawl and Halo 3, although I did absolutely shitty in Halo 3. Got to Day 2 in the Brawl tournament though, which was some good news. Probably gonna post in my blog about the whole thing later, because I'm tired as fuck from sitting in a car for 8 hours.

The hell--? And here I am saying MadCatz stock has historically been bad with poor ROI. I know where de profits be goin' now, werd, lol. J/K, MM. Btw, gratz on your award! It's nice to get recognized for hard work, and even nicer to be able to work hard for something you're clearly passionate about!

i've been getting into the fighting genre in general, with street fighter anniversary collection and vf4 evo.

i know guilty gear is good; is xx better than accent core?
i didn't like isuka much.

how's kof xi?

any other recommendations?

Matter of opinion, but XX is hard to beat--one of the best DC games period (at least from a technical standpoint), IMO.

I don't think Isuka was that great, either.

I didn't care for KOFXI--I'm just gonna hype up for XII.

[quote name='sundaysuit']i've been getting into the fighting genre in general, with street fighter anniversary collection and vf4 evo.

how's kof xi?

any other recommendations?[/QUOTE]

XX was great...i like AC a lil better though

kof xi is ok..wait for XII

[quote name='sundaysuit']i've been getting into the fighting genre in general, with street fighter anniversary collection and vf4 evo.

how's kof xi?

any other recommendations?[/quote]

I haven't played XX or AC, but I have #Reload and it's very good....even if I still haven't figured out what I'm doing yet. :p

KOF XI is about $10 at Best Buy so I say give it a shot. Even if you don't like it, you're not out a whole lot of money.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MarkMan']So like... work keeps me from having fun nowadays... That's probably the only bad thing.

Option A:

• New Arcade Machine
  • New Desktop PC/Mac
  • New Plasma TV
Option B:

Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

I dunno why, but I'm always surprised at the kind of money you're dropping. At first it was like..."wait, does his Tekken site really get that many hits?" :rofl:

I'd go for the car! You already have 10 of everything in category A and it sounds like you need a ride most out of everything.

[quote name='MarkMan']Option A:

• New Arcade Machine
  • New Desktop PC/Mac
  • New Plasma TV
Option B:

[/QUOTE]

hay Markmang I would do option C...

a shyt load of Beard Papa and Santouka...

but in a different country, for like a whole week.

seriously.

but if u're set on those 2 then I wouldnt choose one or the other,

I would do it Xzibit style and put new games and computers and shyt inside a new car!!

2vte1hf.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']MM, I say a car. You got enough games.

I just spent a good $1700 on my car. I hate car problems.[/QUOTE]bahhh dude I literally had to just ditch my car in the first parking lot I could find today. Thing does NOT handle well in the snow... I was a hazard to everything around me! And I'm in this annoying twilight period where I'm REALLY close to picking up a new car, so it's pointless for me to just buy new tires NOW, ya know?

Anyway, funner things...[quote name='RelentlessRolento']like busta said, I think the coolest level breaks still go to UMK3. It somehow has that sense of being a badass more than the capcom games. Tekken 6 now has em, so there's something to look forward to.[/QUOTE]Fun fact - the n64 version of MK Trilogy "connected" Goro's Lair, The Armory, and The Kombat Tomb to form a three-story stage. It was a rare bit of polish in a wildly unpolished game!

If there's one thing DoA has had right, besides mammories, it's level breaks. Those shits were so impressive in DoA2. It made Tekken 3 look (i mean graphically, before you all get crazy) like a grandma with flaccid boobies.

[quote name='ninja dog']If there's one thing DoA has had right, besides mammories, it's level breaks. Those shits were so impressive in DoA2. It made Tekken 3 look (i mean graphically, before you all get crazy) like a grandma with flaccid boobies.[/QUOTE]yeeeeeah man... I like how they used walls too. Straight-up suplexing a dude head first into the WALL always looked painful!

[quote name='kainzero']asian pop in sf4? what the

markman: go on vacation. that's what i'm saving for...[/quote]

joeeeeeeeeeeeeeee: I would save up for vacation! But work is already taking me to UK, Hong Kong, and Japan this year. I'll probably be in Hong Kong at least 4 times this year ^_^

---

Thanks for the feedback all... I think I'm gonna sit on the money for awhile... I already put in a bunch each month towards my daughter's savings.

I went to Fry's and Best Buy today to look at TVs... Wasn't feeling anything.

[quote name='Chacrana']Sounds like a good plan. As the resident economics/finance bastard, I have to encourage saving money every chance I get.

I'm no fun :([/quote]

saving money? in my case not being paid after 4 months of working and still not getting paid due to paperwork, it's more like having money for me >_<

I do save but man the past 6 months have been harsh to me financially but superb personally.

only thing left now is to bump up my skill level.

lol, bustauppa, I love your sig gif. Poor Jeff Hardy.

I too enjoyed the wall breaking in DoA. I wish they'd bring DoA to the PS3.

Also, last night, I landed my first touch of death combo with dictator. Even though it was against a meager opponent, it felt so awesome. I'm really liking Bison the more I play him. All the little additions to his game are perfect. Though I wish Bison had a solid ground anti-air. But that would probably make him broken. Also can't wait for SF4, just under a month away!

I'd say car MM, maybe find something thats hella nice on the gas mileage.

Or you could just give a wad to me, y'know for school and stuff!

[quote name='kainzero']i believe it's english[/quote]
yeah, J-pop in english....?

[quote name='DarthPuma']You should start a 'car fund' savings for your daughter so she can have a kickass whip when she hits 16-17 MM![/quote]
That would be epic

You know.. I was looking through the games list on 360 yesterday, never looked through the list before. 360 actually has somewhat of a decent collection of fighters, if you include Arcade, and XBox originals. We got:

DOA4
Guilty Gear: Reload
MK vs. DC
SC1
SC4
SF: Remix
SF: HF
SS2
VF5
UMK3

soon: SF4, Tekken 6

others too

[quote name='DarthPuma']You should start a 'car fund' savings for your daughter so she can have a kickass whip when she hits 16-17 MM![/QUOTE]nah fuck a car fund...

u should invest an XZIBIT fund!

that way u can jus give her a hand-me-down car...

xzibit.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']You know.. I was looking through the games list on 360 yesterday, never looked through the list before. 360 actually has somewhat of a decent collection of fighters, if you include Arcade, and XBox originals. We got:

DOA4
Guilty Gear: Reload
MK vs. DC
SC1
SC4
SF: Remix
SF: HF
SS2
VF5
UMK3

soon: SF4, Tekken 6

others too[/QUOTE]

I only see SF Remix and VF5 on that list of good fighters... hmm...

GG is good, but Reload... nah man, gotta update!

Battle Fantasia is awesome. I still need to pick it up as well, just rented it from Gamefly when it was released. Seriously though it was awesome.

I'm having a bitch of a time finding a madkatz stick for my dual mod or I'd get GG on 360. If anyone runs across one of those cheap at fry's I'd make hot love to you if you'd grab it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back