General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok again i need help deciding. Here is my current situation

i can ether:

1. get the SFIV TE stick, be worried about money a lil bit
2. get the SFIV FightStick, a lil pressure relieved
3. get the SFIV FightPad, totally relieved about money, can get my golden gundam ps2

my friends tell me to go with option 3, but im a lil put off on how the reviews say that they feel like cheap plastic *remembers the nubytech sf controllers*. Also, ive grew up playing my figthers using pads not sticks, i hardly go to the arcades anymore...though i like the TE stick...what should i do!?

[quote name='blitz6speed']Begging for tekken is bad form. If you want it for 6 bucks, go start a gameshare group for it. Wrong thread for that stuff. Also, the game is great and looks gorgeous at 1080p @ 60fps. Online isnt too great, especially when youve played HD Remix on XBLA, that is at the moment the gold standard for console fighting online.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. I didn't know where was a gameshare group. I usually just stick with the fighter thread and that's it. I mainly wanted to know if online was worth the extra 10. I'll probably just buy it without the online. Thanks for the input.

wtf is up with chun's throws online. i'll be mashing fierce shoryuken and she throws me two characters away, and i don't tech. come on. FIERCE shoryuken. jesus.

[quote name='refusedchaos']ok ok again i need help deciding. Here is my current situation

i can ether:

3. get the SFIV FightPad, totally relieved about money, can get my golden gundam ps2

my friends tell me to go with option 3, but im a lil put off on how the reviews say that they feel like cheap plastic *remembers the nubytech sf controllers*. Also, ive grew up playing my figthers using pads not sticks, i hardly go to the arcades anymore...though i like the TE stick...what should i do!?[/QUOTE]

If your more comfortable and think you'll be better with pads, stay with that. I can also go with the Fightstick for now and then later mod it with better parts when you have more money.

[quote name='refusedchaos']ok ok again i need help deciding. Here is my current situation

i can ether:

my friends tell me to go with option 3, but im a lil put off on how the reviews say that they feel like cheap plastic *remembers the nubytech sf controllers*. Also, ive grew up playing my figthers using pads not sticks, i hardly go to the arcades anymore...though i like the TE stick...what should i do!?[/QUOTE]

option 4.

get rich or dying trying.

G-G-G-G-UNIT!!!

real talk, do option 2.

if u want a stick then get a stick!! then a few months down the line if u feel up to it invest another $50 into official sanwa parts.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's not by Fox Valley Mall. It's the one that's on Aurora... it's sorta close, though. Probably the same one you're thinking of actually. So yes, that one.[/quote]

yea, the one on Aurora Ave. I use to go there all the time with my friend when they had like 50% off on all arcades on Tuesday. Now, I only go when he is in town, which is like never.

To get the brunswick key (where you put money on it to play the games there), you gotta go up to the counter and ask for one. Forgot if they charged a dollar for it like the Gameworks cards.

Don't know if you noticed, they also have a MvC, MvC2, Tekken 4 machine there also.

i can ether:

my friends tell me to go with option 3, but im a lil put off on how the reviews say that they feel like cheap plastic *remembers the nubytech sf controllers*. Also, ive grew up playing my figthers using pads not sticks, i hardly go to the arcades anymore...though i like the TE stick...what should i do!?[/QUOTE]- What's a golden gundam PS2?

- Do you own a PS2 already (gundam or otherwise)?

- How long would you be worried about money for? (i.e. what is the timing of your paychecks)

i just went with option 3...preordered the Ken pad from amazon....man marky, i'm trusting you that these are good (not as good as a stick of course)

[quote name='BustaUppa']- What's a golden gundam PS2?

- Do you own a PS2 already (gundam or otherwise)?

- How long would you be worried about money for? (i.e. what is the timing of your paychecks)[/QUOTE]
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-49-en-70-37ep.html

i own a slim ps2 already but am a hardcore gundam fan

i canceled my TE stick preorder, it ended up being the better choice for me

I'm not doing so well tonite...

lost a couple matches, but the one that costed the most was for a gaf tournament...

I went 2-1 against DeeJay, who's as bad of a matchup to me as Guile is...

Max out into sliding roundhouse... I hate that!!!

in response to the shittyness I expect from the Chun-Li movie:

73.png

Thanks for your input guys. I realize I have a lot to think about.. I definitely appreciate the tax info Midnite. I'm not saying there's a huge market to exploit, I'll be the first to admit that it's an overlooked niche market. Still, it works in Chinatown, works in other places around the country right? Anyway, I've given myself an artificial deadline of 9 days to really research my options.

and refusedchaos: You fail really hard for having a boxxy avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kainzero']wtf is up with chun's throws online. i'll be mashing fierce shoryuken and she throws me two characters away, and i don't tech. come on. FIERCE shoryuken. jesus.[/quote]

I think Ken's is only active on the first frame for fierce, otherwise you'll get thrown.

Do jab or counter throw or something.

My best strategy for playing ST is to think like a dude that was born in the 70's

chun needs that advantage or shotos would own her even more.

Srsly, shotos, especially ryu really give her a hard time. Her throw is one of the only things stopping endless wakeup DP/crossup nonsense. Thank god her throw is a beast.

considering doing some fighter based art this next saturday if I have time... can't decide on if I want to do Dan Hibiki or Tekken (probably dragunov riding Kuma or something).

I've committed to a Skies of Arcadia piece for someone so that might have to come first.

small heads up on the film: With cash in hand, I'll be ordering costumes tonight (ie. spandex ranger outfits). Also it looks like Jimbo Slice and Mr. Beef are going to be combined into a single fast food TV add. So far that makes Jimbo Slice, Mr. Beef, me, Markman, JEKKI, and Blueswim as confirmedfor the film.... still hav eto work out everyone else.

Don't be surprised if I have a hard time getting ur name into the film that you'll be part of a noteacable set piece.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Got Chun Fight Pad yesterday,its good but not as good as a saturn pad.[/quote]

That's the general consensus. I agree with it for the most part. Except I think the button size is better on the SF4 pads.

[quote name='MarkMan']That's the general consensus. I agree with it for the most part. Except I think the button size is better on the SF4 pads.[/quote]

I do agree with this.

It is the best pad on the 360 bar none.

Good read, and art templates available = totally rad.

Man, if Mad Catz retains this kind of emphasis on quality, that's gonna be nuts.

[quote name='Chacrana']Good read, and art templates available = totally rad.

Man, if Mad Catz retains this kind of emphasis on quality, that's gonna be nuts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Don't be surprised if I have a hard time getting ur name into the film that you'll be part of a noteacable set piece.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok if my appearance is relegated to the background like in WALL*E. ;)

disclaimer.jpg

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Got Chun Fight Pad yesterday,its good but not as good as a saturn pad.[/quote]

As much as I have tried it, I just don't think the Saturn pad is that good. It feels like the thing is going to break in my hands.

[quote name='heavyd853']I think Ken's is only active on the first frame for fierce, otherwise you'll get thrown.

Do jab or counter throw or something.

My best strategy for playing ST is to think like a dude that was born in the 70's[/quote]
huh?

if it's active on the first frame, that means it'll hit. first-frame active is something to keep in mind for safe jumps, not for throws. also, any shoryuken have throw invincibility from the first frame anyway anyway.

the reason why i mash fierce (or rather, i piano and then mash fierce) is because i end with towards + fierce so i can tech out.

[quote name='jer7583']chun needs that advantage or shotos would own her even more.

Srsly, shotos, especially ryu really give her a hard time. Her throw is one of the only things stopping endless wakeup DP/crossup nonsense. Thank god her throw is a beast.[/quote]
pfft
she can turtle / trade fireballs all day and then base her game entirely around stored super.
her j.forward and j.short can beat or trade with any shoryuken except for ken's strong SRK and akuma's everything.
s.strong + c.forward are great pokes.
her tiny hitbox makes it really difficult to hit with a crossup and kneebash-walk under games, especially with that dumb throw.

the matchup is even, if not slightly biased against shotos because super is that good.

Scoured the other Best Buy to try and get a controller. Asked, and the punk said "we're not selling them till the 10th." Which kinda pisses me off since a lot of other people seem to have been successful. And doesn't it come out on the 20th? If you're gonna lay down the law, at least be accurate.

Was happy to see some random dude asking about SFIV though... people actually know about this game. It's weird. I like that.

Foolishly, I tried asking Gamestop if they had the pads in stock and got the typical preorder pushing business. Though I laughed at them when they were totally convinced they were getting me to preorder this thing, and then the system said they weren't taking preorders anymore.

Fair, kainzero. I still sweat good ryu matches like nothing except vega.

Got a blanka pad.. No chuns at my bb :( dunno if I'll keep it. Just wanted one incase they get hard to find. Can always exchange.

Oh.... I was hoping for a "No not really but I'll do something just for you, pal!"

fuck Akuma. Someone want to teach me how to play charge characters. Couldn't pull of a sonic boom if my life depended on it.

[quote name='heavyd853']I demand Lili pads![/quote]

ask and ye shall receive

7_010.jpg

Srsly if there was good Lili art I'd have cum it all over my stick.

Those are fuckED UP wipers!

And Sagat / training mode ?

Hey Jest.. I can teach you some charge characters if you want.. I'm not amazing or anything like that, but I think I can hold my own with Blanka and a few others.

STREET FIYTAH FO SON

[quote name='Jest']Oh.... I was hoping for a "No not really but I'll do something just for you, pal!"[/quote]
There were only two words that popped into my head when I read that line, Dick Gumshoe.:lol::lol::lol:

Ryu/Arcade followed by Viper/Training, and finally Viper/Arcade since that should unlock Cammy.

EDIT: You better change that "Ballet > Break Dance" thing in your title before JEKKI kills you, Jest.:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back