General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']Am I the only one getting fed up with the loading times on the Versus screen in online? It takes for friggin' ever sometimes then other times it loads as quick as it would in arcade mode. This is because most people didn't install it, isn't it?[/quote]
Yes, if people did not install on the hard drive, the load times when battling someone are super long.

I'm gonna go out to breakfast with my friend soon and then we are seeing Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. When I get back, I'll playing SF4 all day. If you want to get some games in, just send an invite.

Anyone up for some 4 right now? Don't gotta teach Geometry for like an hour haha. There are things that I could probably be doing instead (preparing) but I'm in the fightin' mood

[quote name='ninja dog']I profiled noobs to get Playing to Win :cool: (no icon, no tag.)[/quote]
Hah, you never got burned by someone "hiding" with no icon/title? I've run into a couple people with tons of BP and nothing set. I'd make it tough and end up losing by a hair >.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hah, you never got burned by someone "hiding" with no icon/title? I've run into a couple people with tons of BP and nothing set. I'd make it tough and end up losing by a hair >.

My TE stick is feeling a little funny. Diagonally down-right is sort of... off. I was trying to explain it to Chacrana, but I couldn't really do it. It's not necessarily sticky, but the stick gets a little rough or something when it hits the corner. It doesn't slide smoothly.

Anecdotal evidence: If you play a game where, when you hold in down-left or down-right, something repeatedly happens (character walks, menu scrolls etc...) it stops performing the action after about 2 seconds on down-right, but works forever in down-left. Very bizarre.

Dunno what I can do to fix it, so I'm just looking for some advice instead of bitching up a storm.

[quote name='JEKKI']maan fukk this game!!

I jus spent the last 2.5 hours trying to unlock Sakura on PS3.

I finally gave up... becoz I had that matchmaking option turned on...

and everytime I got halfway thru a round it'd be like "A new challenger!!"

I finally... FINALLY... got to Seth and I jus couldnt beat him... I never made it to the end of the round coz of the matchup option!!

I finally got frustrated and turned off the system...

lol next time I'll turn that option off.

I got hella wins online tho... but that's not what I wanted :cry:[/quote]
it'd be nice if you could turn that challenge mode off whenever you want. but you can't. so it sucks.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']My TE stick is feeling a little funny. Diagonally down-right is sort of... off. I was trying to explain it to Chacrana, but I couldn't really do it. It's not necessarily sticky, but the stick gets a little rough or something when it hits the corner. It doesn't slide smoothly.

Anecdotal evidence: If you play a game where, when you hold in down-left or down-right, something repeatedly happens (character walks, menu scrolls etc...) it stops performing the action after about 2 seconds on down-right, but works forever in down-left. Very bizarre.

Dunno what I can do to fix it, so I'm just looking for some advice instead of bitching up a storm.[/quote]

That's really odd, but thanks for the test. I'll try that the next time I get a chance with my TE stick. It really is sort of a pain to worry about the thing's functionality. I hate Madcatz QC. :cry:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']My TE stick is feeling a little funny. Diagonally down-right is sort of... off. I was trying to explain it to Chacrana, but I couldn't really do it. It's not necessarily sticky, but the stick gets a little rough or something when it hits the corner. It doesn't slide smoothly.

Dunno what I can do to fix it, so I'm just looking for some advice instead of bitching up a storm.[/quote]

Take it up with MarkMang.

[quote name='GuardianE']lol, I was. I saw a guy with no icon/title, but noticed he was from Japan. I figured, ehhhh, he's gotta be new. His Balrog completely wrecked me. He almost got a perfect. I was on a streak too. :bomb:[/quote]
Haha, yea that happened to me the first time. After that, I've always been wary of anyone I come across, plus I sorta do the same now :p

I wish they made the Chun Li movie animated :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, yea that happened to me the first time. After that, I've always been wary of anyone I come across, plus I sorta do the same now :p

I wish they made the Chun Li movie animated :([/quote]

Bah. To me, the real movie came with the CE version of SF4.:cool:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, yea that happened to me the first time. After that, I've always been wary of anyone I come across, plus I sorta do the same now :p

I wish they made the Chun Li movie animated :([/quote]

Go watch Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Some of the most meticulously choreographed fight scenes in all of anime... ChunLi vs. Vega is referenced as one of the best fight scenes of all time.

And she gets nekkid. :whistle2:#

I haven't cracked open the CE disc. Apparently it's much better than I was expecting. Someone from Capcom mentioned it just being a bunch of cutscenes strewn together.

Oh cool, won a ranked match when I thought it was a player match. Used Blanka too, who I've only used like 3 times :p. I don't see many Blanka online, so caught him by surprise I guess.

I'm on the PS3 right now if anyone wants to play.

Hey guys.. looks like I won't be able to make the GameStop SF4 tournament tomorrow.. anyone wanna buy my entry ticket? I'll sell it to you shipping price only.. it'll have to be overnight obviously.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hah, you never got burned by someone "hiding" with no icon/title? I've run into a couple people with tons of BP and nothing set. I'd make it tough and end up losing by a hair >.

[quote name='kainzero']it'd be nice if you could turn that challenge mode off whenever you want. but you can't. so it sucks.[/quote]You can turn it off before you start Arcade Mode.

[quote name='ninja dog']Nope. I kinda looked at their gamertag too, fwiw. If it was something SF or fighting game-esque sounding I didn't play them. If it was "Muthafugg_50cent69_420" then I knew it was in the bag.[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You can turn it off before you start Arcade Mode.[/quote]
well thanks, mr. obeefious.

but i mean, let's say i wanna play online and in the meantime work on unlocking seth or do one of them achievements.

and at the end i'm just real tired and i wanna stop playing online
i can't do that.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Is that really your XBox name kainzero?[/quote]
Yes, he is on my friends list.

Also, Chris Kline couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Is anybody here getting KoF '98 Ultimate Match? I didn't even realize thing comes out next Tuesday until they just came in the shipment here at work. Is it worth picking up?

[quote name='SL4IN']Is anybody here getting KoF '98 Ultimate Match? I didn't even realize thing comes out next Tuesday until they just came in the shipment here at work. Is it worth picking up?[/quote]
SNKP USA probably screwed it up somehow but since the 360 version is months away, I guess it is worth it.

[quote name='PhrostByte']That XBox name is worse than the stupid Wii codes people have.[/quote]
that's why i usually add other people

it's also why i hate playing public games because everyone has to scream out JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE before the match starts

You ever play Beatmania IIDX till your hands hurt? I did. My hands hurt. Ow.

Apart from that, though, I grabbed that long-neglected Japanese copy of Garou: Battle Archives 2 off the shelf and played some Real Bout 2. It really is an awesome game. I noticed that I can opt to use the arranged soundtracks for the games, which is cool because there's some really good music in there.

BTW, Yamazaki is the coolest character in the game.
yamazaki.png

[quote name='Mr. Beef']MarkMan ruined a perfectly good interview by mentioning his red thong. =([/quote]

I thought it saved it.

j/k :lol: Good interview MM

Props on the shout-out, MM.:D You were also mentioned by name on the GoNintendo Podcast last week(I believe it was last week, anyways:lol:) when they were talking about Mad Catz.... You might want to skip that one, lots o' Catz hatin'.

lol I got my survey, it was fun!!

anyway I got a present for all of you!!

but by all of you, I only mean all of you playing SFIV on PS3.

and by all of you playing SFIV on PS3, I mean only one of you actually.

sorry. lol.

anyway, I got the Brawler costume pack download code from my CE version, any1 want it??

if so PM me. First come first get, unless u're sum random lurker trying to get it for free.

lol no one has taken it yet? I kinda want it, but not that badly. Someone who wants it more than me should get it now!

edit: Well, then I'll ask if it's still there then :)

[quote name='suko_32']lol no one has taken it yet? I kinda want it, but not that badly. Someone who wants it more than me should get it now![/quote]

Psh, take it, most people who wanted it probably got it via CE code or PSN/Live already. :cool:

Man, I really hate the non double blind selecting.

I fought FIFTEEN Blankas today. The worst part is that they don't really even have to know how to play to beat me with him, its so annoying.

I only won like 5 -_-

LT their ass to death then.

Decided for the hell of it to play on hardest difficulty with Bison after struggling through medium with dan, and it was surprisingly easy. Only took one hit from Seth and was like..."omg wtf?"

My PS3 is in an area with NO internet now so I can only play the CPU, it SUCKS!

"A fan has snuck into the crowd"...where?!? I read those little things playing time trial and survival and have yet to notice anything special :/

[quote name='MarkMan']BlueSwim: Link to said podcast please?

Also, I got this crap in!

More goodies today...

3314646299_60a964fd5a.jpg
[/quote]

Heehee, awesomeness. My Capcom card came in today too. Of course I went with the Street Fighter template.

anyone have tips for blanka vs shoryykens?
i had my friend beat completely and then he just spams them and i cant block it for crap

i thought the elec would stop him but it just punches through it and hits me n the face. again i tried to block it with mid block while standing it it still hits me.

I know for survival you gotsta go all the way and got time attack you gotsta finish with lotsa time left?

I'm sad... I just tried to get the beat Gouken on hardest achievement. I had 2 perfects, 5 ultras, and probably mostly first hits.. then I lost to Seth 3 times before I beat him. :(

After that video MM, I think I'm finally hyped on BR.

The juggles are a far departure from TTT / T5's more floaty juggles, but it looks interesting how most of them are low to the ground (kinda reminds me of VF.)

Overall, I'm impressed. I still wish that Lars had non-Final Fantasy hair though :cry:

Edit: Jekki interview is up. Markmang interview will be posted later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back