General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='asianxcore']Why because I can do Seth's Headstomp Resets? (Or at least one of the few) :)

We have to play sometime dude. I don't think I've played you since the release of the game.

I don't remember his name. I'm pretty sure it was Superduperwhambulancewahwahwahwahblankaball[/QUOTE]

I'm up for it anytime man, I know I'll probably get stomped again, but I'm getting a TE soon and I'd love to fight you again with it. :D

[quote name='zewone']PS3 for the loss[/QUOTE]

You're just made because you can't pirate for it. :razz:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']QFT.;[/quote]
True. Game is kinda getting stale and boring. The game is pretty much reduced to who can cheese off on an ultra combo first :bomb:

:lol: watch the input for M.Bison on the right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLtcZ7I6noU

:lol:

also chaos code might be worth watching:

c05_1.jpg
c07_2.jpg

http://www.fkdigital.net/chaoscode/

character art kicks ass... even if I'm just staring at one spot:

cg12.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9duNeQwKGOg

also if people wanna watch some KoFXII matches in great quality go here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArcadeInfinity

Both Mature & Eli are meh... but the game was becoming a giant sausage party with Athena & Leona as the only female characters.

Alright, I was impatient and ordered a USB PCI card. 9.99 shipped on Buy.com isn't so bad I guess http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210941507&listingid=41215183&dcaid=17902

For those that are getting a PS3 stick soon, I'll report back if it works. It should, as the SRK forum seems to indicate the problems are with nForce chipsets on the mobo, and this card is a VIA chipset.

Also, RR, no clue what "one spot" u might be looking at... but it's apparently cold wherever she's fighting. If that comes stateside, I'll pick it up. I like flashy nonsensical fighters.

[quote name='JEKKI']man fukk SF4.

it's like, the game is only fun when u win, coz when u lose u lose for the dumbest BS reasons.

and even when u win it's coz of sum stupid shyt... and u're chillin there staring at your victory screen like dood wtf this shyt is so stupid...

man this game sucks[/quote]
yes.

i had the exact same rant to my friends. "i hate this game. it makes me angry when i lose, it makes me angry when i win, i'm just so angry when i play this game."

then right after i started talking about frames and one of them says "yeah i don't care about that technical stuff, i just play for fun."

i was like "whaaaat, just because there's frames doesn't mean i'm not having fun." and i was ready to quote sirlin despite how much i hate sirlin 'cause of his retarded rants in starcraft.

and someone chimed in "dude, you just said you get angry when you play. that clearly means you're not having fun!"

in short
i hate sf4

You know.. KOFXII doesn't look as good as I thought it would. :\

[quote name='asianxcore']TvC garbage? You crazy.

Unbalanced? Sure

Fun? Very much so[/quote]

Heh I agree with him. I played it once and thought it was ridiculously stupid.

[quote name='distgfx']Elisabeth and Mature? Where's my Mai and K'?![/quote]

In a corner of a room, crying because SNK is comprised of a bunch of morons.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I thought mature died? or was that just vice?

I woulda preferred Vice to make a return but mature is still fun to play... :lol: at her eye patch.[/quote]

KoFXII is a dreammatch, and therefore not a continuation of the storyline. So, yeah, Mature is dead... but back for this game.

maaaan so like Gamestop offers a free art book with the online preorder of BlazBlue

and the CAG replies 500 times to the thread

o_O craziness.

also the AI KOF vids are dope, but I'm sad that the best player uses Robert and Andy coz I wanted to use them :cry:

now I gotta be 2nd best again -_-

[quote name='PhrostByte']You know.. KOFXII doesn't look as good as I thought it would. :\

[/QUOTE]

This. People were :drool: over it, and all I can see is so many jaggies. :whistle2:|

Not very HD.

[quote name='JEKKI']maaaan so like Gamestop offers a free art book with the online preorder of BlazBlue

and the CAG replies 500 times to the thread

o_O craziness.[/quote]

Why is that so crazy? There are collectors out there that value things like art books.

[quote name='red flare graf']It's a lot of replies for a non-Street Fighter fighting game, not to mention a brand new series (I think).[/quote]

Yeah, but the "crazy" part is that it's more about the artbook than about the game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']zew is turning into a 360 TMK.[/QUOTE]

yep, my thoughts exactly. "OMG the PS3 ver has one more jaggy than the 360!! PS3 FTL!!!"

[quote name='red flare graf']I still think KOFXII looks better than SFIV. Totally different art styles, but still way more appealing.[/QUOTE]

this. I can't wait for KoF

you guys will be seeing me in here a lot when KoF comes out :bouncy:

[quote name='refusedchaos']yep, my thoughts exactly. "OMG the PS3 ver has one more jaggy than the 360!! PS3 FTL!!!"
[/QUOTE]

The hell are you talking about?

I really don't see why everyone is suddenly bashing SFIV over completely vague complaints. It's a fighting game that put fighting games back on the mainstream map, as far as I can tell. Shouldn't that make you happy?

I can't help but think that everyone's going to be saying the same thing about KoF or BlazBlue in about six months.

[quote name='refusedchaos']you guys will be seeing me in here a lot when KoF comes out :bouncy:[/quote]

Your avatar is cute. What's it from?

I'm sure there are filters for KoFXII. KoF usually had the option to choose from various degrees of sharpness/softness. We'll just have to wait an see.

edit:
[quote name='GuardianE']I really don't see why everyone is suddenly bashing SFIV over completely vague complaints. It's a fighting game that put fighting games back on the mainstream map, as far as I can tell. Shouldn't that make you happy?

I can't help but think that everyone's going to be saying the same thing about KoF or BlazBlue in about six months.

Your avatar is cute. What's it from?[/quote]
Personally, I dislike SFIV because it seems too button masher friendly. And throw in those shortcuts, you're in for some braindead gameplay. Mashing punch > tick throws is just retarded. Just look at the vids a few posts back. Those are the champions of SFIV...

People are bashing on SF because while we enjoy the game it isnt our first pick. There is a large Tekken group here. Others just enjoy KoF more, myself being big Guilty Gear fan yes I have high hopes for Blazblue since GG has ended. That and the fact that capcom still wont take care of issues that the game has been faceing since day one gets old quick.

[quote name='zewone']The hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]This. I haven't seen anything even remotely close to a Terry rant.

[quote name='GuardianE']Your avatar is cute. What's it from?[/QUOTE]
:hot:

@Lost Road: I can't stand Tekken. :cool:

[quote name='GuardianE']Why is that so crazy? There are collectors out there that value things like art books.[/QUOTE]dood... how can u not think that's crazy?

it doesnt even have anything to do with BlazBlue or an artbook... jus look at the Deals forum and tell me how many threads u see in the first 2 pages that exceed 500 posts, let alone 200.

now add the fact that it's for something that most people kno nothing about and it's quite stellar imo.

the Raidou pre-order thread doesnt even have 200 posts and I'm way more hype for that game than I am for BB.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm up for it anytime man, I know I'll probably get stomped again, but I'm getting a TE soon and I'd love to fight you again with it. :D
[/QUOTE]

Word, just let me know! :)

Also I have to agree with JEKKI on the Blazblue Artbook issue. I do think it's funny that we have people more excited (and heated!) about the artbook than we do about the actual game. Oh well, more people to practice Arakune loops against right?

Also I do agree that SFIV is masher friendly, but I still love the game as much as I did when I first played it in arcades.

Good thing Blazblue isn't masher friendly, but I have a feeling the ragequitters/human vaginas, will get their insults/bitching ready. There's a scrub rule where a combo can't be more than 4 hits and not be "cheap" unless it's a super. Welcome to Blazblue kiddies.

[quote name='JEKKI']dood... how can u not think that's crazy?

it doesnt even have anything to do with BlazBlue or an artbook... jus look at the Deals forum and tell me how many threads u see in the first 2 pages that exceed 500 posts, let alone 200.

now add the fact that it's for something that most people kno nothing about and it's quite stellar imo.

the Raidou pre-order thread doesnt even have 200 posts and I'm way more hype for that game than I am for BB.[/quote]

When people read "rare," "collector's item," and "sold out" in a thread? You tell me that people aren't going to flock to it and complain in it. I mean, yeah, it's awesome that BlazBlue is getting attention, but it's largely about people speculating/complaining/asking for details.

[quote name='JEKKI']dood... how can u not think that's crazy?

the Raidou pre-order thread doesnt even have 200 posts and I'm way more hype for that game than I am for BB.[/QUOTE]

It's CAG dude.. people here just wanna spend money.

[quote name='GuardianE']When people read "rare," "collector's item," and "sold out" in a thread? You tell me that people aren't going to flock to it and complain in it. I mean, yeah, it's awesome that BlazBlue is getting attention, but it's largely about people speculating/complaining/asking for details.[/QUOTE]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220943

how many replies do u see there?? and ppl already received theirs as well, the thread is beyond pre-hype.

what my real concern is, why are u so butt hurt over some light observations I'm making?

[quote name='JEKKI']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220943

how many replies do u see there?? and ppl already received theirs as well, the thread is beyond pre-hype.

what my real concern is, why are u so butt hurt over some light observations I'm making?[/quote]

The DJ Max Fever bundle is not only obscenely expensive, but also incredibly niche in scope. BlazBlue, on the other hand, is piggybacking off of the huge commercial success that was Street Fighter IV.

I'm not really butthurt over your observations because I misunderstood them. Your inital post in that thread made it seem like people were crazy to be discussing an artbook so much. Being one such person who was very excited about said artbook, I defended myself, naturally. Don't see what's so hard about that.

EDIT: actually, I take that back. There was no misinterpretation because you said it quite plainly.

[quote name='JEKKI']man... 500 replies over an artbook. yallz are crazy.

I hope u guys dont suck at this game btw =P[/quote]

But like I said, I don't actually care that the BlazBlue thread has that many posts or how surprised you are by it. I'm just telling you why it has that many posts.

I still haven't even played BlazBlue, although I haven't tried to hunt for an arcade that has one, to be honest. I might give it a rental, just to see if I like it more than GG.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I still haven't even played BlazBlue, although I haven't tried to hunt for an arcade that has one, to be honest. I might give it a rental, just to see if I like it more than GG.[/quote]

I should probably try it out before buying it... I should've done that with Arcana Heart... but that Premium package is just too tasty.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I still haven't even played BlazBlue, although I haven't tried to hunt for an arcade that has one, to be honest. I might give it a rental, just to see if I like it more than GG.[/QUOTE]

SVGL has it. It's in Japanese Viewlix cabs with Sanwa Sticks/Buttons (720p as well!). Game gets pretty packed on weekends.

Even more so now that I heard that SJSU doesn't have their Blazblue cab anymore.

nobody gives a shit about chaos code? it actually looks promising and something I'd want to play...

also, :lol: at people who don't like KoF graphics. if that's such a big deal then don't touch it. Looks great IMHO. Animation is more a priority to me than graphics.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nobody gives a shit about chaos code? it actually looks promising and something I'd want to play...

also, :lol: at people who don't like KoF graphics. if that's such a big deal then don't touch it. Looks great IMHO. Animation is more a priority to me than graphics.[/QUOTE]

It just looks crappy to me... so far every fighter on Xbox 360 looks really good. I guess the worst looking one would probably be Battle Fantasia... and everyone was saying KOFXII was getting updated sprites and while that may be the case.. it still kinda looks like shit heh.

The sprites in KoFXII are fucking huge though, something I am glad to see. If you shrunk them down to the standard size most 2D fighters (yes, even blaz blue shrinks em) I think nobody would be talking shit.

Everyone can hate now, but when the game is out I'll be a happy little puppy. Personally I'm looking more forward to KoFXII than BB... so much BB talk going on now that I might as well cut off one of my toes.

whatever... whenever I disagree about something all I gotta do is think Tekken 6 and then all is good.

[quote name='zewone']You're hating on BlazBlue, but you don't want anyone hatin' on KoFXII?[/quote]

re-read what I posted. no hate, more like personal interest.

zew, always looking for something to poke me with.

Well SFIII did have 64 frames of animation a second.

The animation is XII is great, I'm just waiting for either super HD videos to come out or to see it for myself in Portland until I throw down a verdict.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']whatever... whenever I disagree about something all I gotta do is think Tekken 6 and then all is good.[/QUOTE]

I think that's something we all can agree on . :D

/me continues jerking off to Tekken 6 screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back