General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarthPuma']The one I saw on dustloop was j.B > j.C > JC > dj.B > dj.C > dj.D > ice car C. I'm fine until the dj.B, can't get it to connect.

I'm also having trouble linking this to the standard air 6C > dash cancel (DC) > 5C > 2C > jump cancel (JC) > standard air combo.

The problem with Jin is that, at least so far, I haven't found an effective way to rush someone down. He can zone like a motherfucker though.[/QUOTE]
you sure it's not sj.B? maybe your first j.B hits too high? either way just do as much as you can to finish.

the second combo i think is an SJC as well.

it's easy to rush down in this game if you have a fast attack. you just dash in and do it =) i think jin's is 5B?

Just PM'ed Jimbo my answers. I tried to play through the arcade version of Tekken 2 for the Jack-2 question, but Devil Kazuya was being a God-damned, son of a fucking bitch.

Tekken Tag = The shit

Tekken 2 = Just plain shit

[quote name='kainzero']you sure it's not sj.B? maybe your first j.B hits too high? either way just do as much as you can to finish.

the second combo i think is an SJC as well.

it's easy to rush down in this game if you have a fast attack. you just dash in and do it =) i think jin's is 5B?[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure how to do a Super jump cancel. >.< You anything I can combo from with that 5b?

[quote name='BlueSwim']Just PM'ed Jimbo my answers. I tried to play through the arcade version of Tekken 2 for the Jack-2 question, but Devil Kazuya was being a God-damned, son of a fucking bitch.

Tekken Tag = The shit

Tekken 2 = Just plain shit[/QUOTE]

Pre T3, the series wasn't really holding it's own to be honest.

[quote name='SmallWind']You just do down -> up on a move that's JC-able.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm going to put Jin down for a while and work with Ragna a bit. He seems to be a much better character to learn the game with.

1248120994ePEOn7dDOF.jpg

1248120218x35HSDXZuk.jpg

1248120138qckDjqBd0G.jpg

1248120397CCB50njo1U.jpg

1248120635hV87mqJvy7.jpg

1248120308iDQXgRkhhE.jpg

WTF:
1247892101Z8VjC4NHnx-590x442.jpg

[quote name='Furashu']been away.....
havent played SF4 in a while!

everyone must be on BB now huh???[/QUOTE]

Ever since Evo and the small release of SFIV PC, it's pretty much SFIV, HDR and BlazBlue at the moment.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm not even sure how to do a Super jump cancel. >.< You anything I can combo from with that 5b?[/QUOTE]
i'm honestly not sure since i spent all of 1 hour learning jin combos before going back to noel / rachel.

but i was practicing something like
5b-5c-jc.b-j.c... and then i think j.d - 6c - dash - 5c - 2c- sj.bc - jc.bc.

but i'm not sure.

i'm also sure there's an easier ground combo into ice car finsiher.

Yo MarkMang, can you give me a basic rundown of how to play Alise in BR? I played it for the first time the other day and was messing around trying out different stuff, but if you could hook me up with some useful moves, BnB combos things, general strategy I would really appreciate it.

Blazblue is crazy confusing. I just popped it in, was completely lost and then watched the instructional dvd and became even more lost. I didnt see a mode like SF4 where they have you do all the motions and combos to get you going, is it there and im blind? Overall so far, my impressions are that SF4 is still king by a texas mile.

There is a training mode in the old school since that you beat up on a target dummy. There isn't a training mode like in SFIV. While I I enjoy both games a lot, I think you are right. SFIV will still have a pretty big following years from now, sadly BB not so much.

[quote name='LostRoad']There is a training mode in the old school since that you beat up on a target dummy. There isn't a training mode like in SFIV. While I I enjoy both games a lot, I think you are right. SFIV will still have a pretty big following years from now, sadly BB not so much.[/QUOTE]

I finally played it to the end on Hell difficulty and beat the 2 bosses (i always go achievment hunting first), and im pretty good with noel now, can do decent combos and get into a good rhythm with her. Playing on the stock 360 controller is disasterous tho, need my TE stick!!!!

Talk about RIDICULOUS net code.. I was playing Blazblue online and couldnt believe how well it performs online, 0 lag, and really wonderful setup. Then i stopped playing cause i got beat by simple tactics too many times, and im not familiar enough with the game to get past them. I go to my Pc, and ive been downloading at the full 7Mb/sec my connection maxes out at the entire time!! Which means i had 0 bandwidth to spare and blazblue was still absolutely perfect online. Unbelievable.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Talk about RIDICULOUS net code.. I was playing Blazblue online and couldnt believe how well it performs online, 0 lag, and really wonderful setup. Then i stopped playing cause i got beat by simple tactics too many times, and im not familiar enough with the game to get past them. I go to my Pc, and ive been downloading at the full 7Mb/sec my connection maxes out at the entire time!! Which means i had 0 bandwidth to spare and blazblue was still absolutely perfect online. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]
it's not perfect. it does at first but when you get better you notice it a lot more.

[quote name='Furashu']been away.....
havent played SF4 in a while!

everyone must be on BB now huh???[/QUOTE]

I'm still playing SFIV like the addictive crack it is.

I bought Blazblue, but I can't tear myself away from SFIV.

I cannot decide who I want to main with in BB. First it was Jin, then it was Ragna, then it was Jin again, and now I want to learn Nu-13. Anyone want to play in an hour or two? I've got it on PS3.

[quote name='kainzero']it's not perfect. it does at first but when you get better you notice it a lot more.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth, IB online 95% of the time won't happen. I am still playing Hakumen his drive is on the same timer as an IB so it is next to useless online as well.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm a little confused, when for KOF XII come out? Is it this week or next?[/QUOTE]

It comes out next Tuesday, but it is not street dated. My gamestop said it should come in Thursday or Friday

[quote name='dizzlle01']It comes out next Tuesday, but it is not street dated. My gamestop said it should come in Thursday or Friday[/QUOTE]

GS also told me this Thursday, thats why I got confused. So will GS have by Thus/Fri or is that all just BS?

[quote name='Rodimus']Thanks, I'll stop by Friday and see if they get it in. I love walking into GS asking for games that the clerks have never heard of.[/QUOTE]

I've done that so many times. I always get this look. ?_?

^ You should've seen the look when I asked for "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: King Abbadon vs Raidou Kuzunoha" The guy said, "............." with a blank stare into oblivion. I then said "Yep... they made a part 2"

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I've done that so many times. I always get this look. ?_?[/QUOTE]

The two times I went to pick up my pre-order of Chulip and Ribbit King I got alot of awkward looks and weird pronounciations.

Wow, I couldn't think of 2 games more obscure than Chulip and Ribbit King if I tried.

BTW how's Chulip? I always see it on the shelves and it just screams "PLAY ME!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back