General Fighting Game Thread IV Does 6.538 Billion Damage

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
BILLIONS IN DAMAGE, BITCH! BILLIONS!

Noticed that FGT3 hit 500 posts and since I missed out on 498 of them I thought I'd start the new thread so I wouldn't miss anything.

Oh, and since it will get lost in the shuffle if I don't re-post it...

[quote name='BlueSwim']FGT! Long time, no see!

Got to spend about a half an hour with Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom at Best Buy yesterday. It was Wiimote-only on a HUGE TV. Took me a good 6-8 matches before I figured how to tag out.:lol: Went 14 straight wins in survival mode with Chun Li and Ryu before some kid wanted to play. $5 says he lost the next match and still entered his initials.:lol: Going to picking it up tomorrow. I'll be up for throwing down online with an FGTer.:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']If you're getting it to play online, I'd pass on TvC.[/QUOTE]
Aside from casually throwing down with an FGTer, I don't have that much interest in the online. Just the crazy-ass game itself. The last time I stood at a store kiosk for a half an hour playing a game was Star Fox 64 in Walmart back in '98. Really enjoyed what I played of it.

So the online play in TvC is kinda meh, I take it? Well, they can always patch....God dammit...:cry:

Thank Uraizen for the Seismo SJC Flame Kick advice. I was practicing it in Training Mode for like 10-15 minutes and I think I got it.

I found out my problem (why I never hit it) was that I wasn't sure of the timing. I was doing it late after Viper hits the ground, instead of starting it just before she hits it.

Second, I was trying to do the SJC Flame Kick like Cammy's TK Strike and I wasn't hitting UF quick enough (or at all)

Even got that Seismo xx SJC Flame Kick xx Ultra shennanigans in the corner to work twice hahah

Probably won't main her, but I might keep her around in case I get bored at my normal get togethers with my crew playing Seth or Abel.

I'll probably re-buy TvC if I can get it for $30 or less.

My understanding was that its supposed to be a comma, not a period. So its actually 6 Thousand Billion Damage. The Japanese seem to often use periods in numbers where we would use commas.

[quote name='BlueSwim']So the online play in TvC is kinda meh, I take it? Well, they can always patch....God dammit...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Yea, the lag's pretty bad in my experience. I've heard some people say it's playable but I'm not sure what's considered "playable." My experience sure as hell wasn't playable.

[quote name='asianxcore']Even got that Seismo xx SJC Flame Kick xx Ultra shennanigans in the corner to work twice hahah\[/QUOTE]

Try doing it without taking advantage of the corner. :cool:

I know you are HATING on it distgfx, but I have found the online in TvC to be serviceable. I would say it is probably about as good as Tekken 6 (PS3 version, at least. Haven't played it on Xbox.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I love how TvC emphasises billions so much. I wish the US economy ran like TvC[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the US economy is run like that. That's why we are in a recession lol.

I find TvC's online to be pretty good. I'd rate it on par with SFIV on PS3. I have put a lot of effort into getting the online to run smooth on both games. My PS3 and Wii are wired with the proper ports forwarded. I use OpenDNS on my Wii instead of my ISP DNS and that seems to have helped a bit. Of the 50 or so matches I've had online, about 10 were slightly laggy (I barely noticed the lag) and I've had 2 awful matches.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Viper, Fuerte, and Gen Hard Trial 5's are kicking my ass. Looks like I'll never 100% my icons and Titles.[/QUOTE]
I cheated with Gen's and used turbo to help connect the hands xx super part, and used this to help timing on gekiro kick : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLLfTuKQ8UQ

Fuerte's 5th requires a certain rhythm: qcf+ lp -- lp, hp, qcf+lp -- lp, hp, etc..
There's a very brief pause between the first and second lp's. Kinda like Viper's stuff, don't go TOO fast!

Viper's is just fun :D

[quote name='Mr. Beef']A BlueSwim FGT? NANI!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
Oh, it's true....it's damn true! *Kurt Angle's theme plays* :whee::whee::whee:
[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']My understanding was that its supposed to be a comma, not a period. So its actually 6 Thousand Billion Damage. The Japanese seem to often use periods in numbers where we would use commas.[/QUOTE]
I spent several minutes debating how to handle the comma/period thing when I was typing up the thread. I knew the comma was technically right, but went with the period anyways because of Capcom using it in the game. It is kind of odd and confusing.

I want to wish MM and ReRo happy belated birthdays!:D:D:D

[quote name='greyzieoriental']
On another note don't forget that the MvC2 TE sticks are $100 at Gamestop. Get them while they're hot or wait for the TE "S". I'm undecided at the moment.
PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75734
360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75736

MarkMan should just let me order the Slim sides on the new TE "S"[/QUOTE]

I just picked one of these up at my local Gamestop. I thought about it and it was just too damn tempting to pass up.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Urai giving SFIV advice? WHAAAA????[/QUOTE]

Damned good advice too.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I know you are HATING on it distgfx, but I have found the online in TvC to be serviceable. I would say it is probably about as good as Tekken 6 (PS3 version, at least. Haven't played it on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nil']I find TvC's online to be pretty good. I'd rate it on par with SFIV on PS3. I have put a lot of effort into getting the online to run smooth on both games. My PS3 and Wii are wired with the proper ports forwarded. I use OpenDNS on my Wii instead of my ISP DNS and that seems to have helped a bit. Of the 50 or so matches I've had online, about 10 were slightly laggy (I barely noticed the lag) and I've had 2 awful matches.[/QUOTE]

LIES! ALL LIES!!! :whee: Oh yea, all my ports are forwarded and my ISP's DNS happens to be faster than OpenDNS from the tests I've done (thanks for the links smalls).

[quote name='distgfx']LIES! ALL LIES!!! :whee: Oh yea, all my ports are forwarded and my ISP's DNS happens to be faster than OpenDNS from the tests I've done (thanks for the links smalls).[/QUOTE]

What's your connection speed? I get, on average, 16/6, with best case being 25/8.

[quote name='nil']What's your connection speed? I get, on average, 16/6, with best case being 25/8.[/QUOTE]

Connection speed? I'd think ping would be more important in this case. It varies honestly, my upload is always 3mbps no matter what. My download speed isn't consistent but it's usually 8 - 24mbps these days. I wouldn't blame the connection though, especially since TvC is the only game that's unplayable for me other than KoFXII ... and pretty much anything else with SNK's netcode.

Phrosty let me know what times you have open this week for some 3s. Nothing crazy of past 11. I need my beauty sleep ( Tuesday would rock ).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I know you are HATING on it distgfx, but I have found the online in TvC to be serviceable. I would say it is probably about as good as Tekken 6 (PS3 version, at least. Haven't played it on Xbox.

Unfortunately, the US economy is run like that. That's why we are in a recession lol.[/QUOTE]

uraizen hates anything more than 0.825 frames of lag. PS3 BC = unacceptable :bomb:

[quote name='LostRoad']Phrosty let me know what times you have open this week for some 3s. Nothing crazy of past 11. I need my beauty sleep ( Tuesday would rock ).[/QUOTE]

That sucks.. I work till midnight. We definitely gotta play the shit out of 3S before the online dies though. :( Unless you wanna play real early.. like something like 5 or 6am during the week, I might only have the weekends available.

TvC online is not playable. Servicable? If you want a match online with lots of lag and button input lag, sure, but its nowhere even near SF4 playable. Compared it to Blazblue and its a joke. It's about the same as the awful KOF12 netcode, maybe a lil better but not much. I just dont think nintendo has the infrastructure to do lag free online. And for the millionth time, dont bring up mario kart, it uses tricks to not let you see lag (i.e. cpu plays for other people online till it knows their positions and changes it in your game to match every so often).

For a online fighter, it isnt worth the effort to turn on the wii.

[quote name='PhrostByte']uraizen hates anything more than 0.825 frames of lag. PS3 BC = unacceptable :bomb:[/QUOTE]

You've never played TvC online, YJDK. PS3's BC lag is way worse than that dingus.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I just dont think nintendo has the infrastructure to do lag free online. [/QUOTE]

I blame the forced wireless internet connection on the Wii. Playing wired vs. wireless World of Warcraft on my computer was night and day. Those 1s and 0s just can't fly through the air fast enough, they need to use internet tubes.

Gave TvC's online mode a quick try. Quick impression is that it's serviceable. Not a whole lot of chugging lag in the 7 matches I played, but I did feel a little bit of input lag here and there. Like I said, quick impressions.

Yeah I used the word serviceable for a reason. The online isn't as good as Street Fighter IV or BlazBlue, but I generally have no problem doing combos and air juggles. It's just an adjustment that you have to make with slight input lag.

Haven't played TvC in like a week.

PS: I love the use of the word "dingus". That was awesome.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I cheated with Gen's and used turbo to help connect the hands xx super part, and used this to help timing on gekiro kick
Fuerte's 5th requires a certain rhythm: qcf+ lp -- lp, hp, qcf+lp -- lp, hp, etc..
There's a very brief pause between the first and second lp's. Kinda like Viper's stuff, don't go TOO fast!

Viper's is just fun :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I forget all about turbo since I've been practicing crouching jab xx F.HHS with honda. I'll give it another try one day when I have free time to play SFIV.

I been stuck on all my backlogs that built up while I was playing SFIV. Bayonetta, Assassin Creed 2, Borderlands, Uncharted 1 & 2, MGS4. Then the heavy hitters in March, God of War 3 and FFXIII. Then SSFIV in April which will be in my system til EVO. Too many good games coming out.

[quote name='PhrostByte']

That sucks.. I work till midnight. We definitely gotta play the shit out of 3S before the online dies though. :( Unless you wanna play real early.. like something like 5 or 6am during the week, I might only have the weekends available.[/QUOTE]

It's going to have to be weekends then. Early Sat is not bad or afternoons Sundays.

Just played some SFIV.. I frickin love that game. Looks like I should be getting Bioshock 2 and then probably nothing until SSFIV. Sweet.

Yea Road let's play Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Keep in mind that I am terrible at 3S. I'm probably going to be using Dudley/Makoto/Ibuki a lot.

NP Sunday is pretty much a sure thing for me, that's the one day I get to myself. Have to see what the old lady has in store for Saturday.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Just played some SFIV.. I frickin love that game. Looks like I should be getting Bioshock 2 and then probably nothing until SSFIV. Sweet.

Yea Road let's play Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Keep in mind that I am terrible at 3S. I'm probably going to be using Dudley/Makoto/Ibuki a lot.[/QUOTE]

GGs

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm really having trouble beating Cammy in SFIV. I'm using Gief and I just can't find a good method.[/QUOTE]

Computer Cammy or an actual Cammy?

Turtle, she has no overhead and anything she does gets beaten out by crouching jab. Block cannon spikes and lariat or greenhand.

Gief is one of her worst matchups because she has to get in to do damage and her midrange footsies is shit. Just keep her out or let her in and eat her

[quote name='shinryuu']GGs[/QUOTE]

Oh no doubt man.. you crushed my Blanka with Abel that one time but then I think we evened it up towards the end... seems we're both at similar skill levels.. but DUDE my fucking HK button stopped working during that match when I was Vega. When I reconnected the stick it started working again.. sorry I quit prematurely. :(

Btw, just wanted to remind you all that I updated the GGPO set on demonoid to include Windjammers.. strange choice for an addition but whatever. I'm also coming close to getting GGPO working in Linux.. but not yet. :(

[quote name='heavyd853']Turtle, she has no overhead and anything she does gets beaten out by crouching jab. Block cannon spikes and lariat or greenhand.

Gief is one of her worst matchups because she has to get in to do damage and her midrange footsies is shit. Just keep her out or let her in and eat her[/QUOTE]

^
This

Take out getting hit by random shit (max range Cannon Drills, Wake-Up Spikes or Baited Spikes) and it's a really rough match-up for Cammy. Just keep an eye out for Random EX Hooligan (if the person you are playing plays her like that) and Dash Up Throws for knockdown.

Just sit there and wait for her to do something. Cammy's st.MK is a decent poke, but it's really risky against Gief.

What exactly are you getting hit by? You shouldn't be getting hit with Drills unless you are timing your Green Hands randomly or throwing out too much lariat. Bait Spikes, etc etc

I'm pulling off to many random lariats, in turn Cammy drills me. Also I'm not a very good defensive player. That's something I need to work at. I usually try to overwhelm the other player with cross ups, throwing in a SPD when I get the chance. Ussually it works, but not with Cammy. I guess I need to stop jumping around like an freaking idiot. Also they get me with a spike after I try to follow up from blocking a drill. Anytime I get to close for a grab they spike me, then back away.

Thanks for the advice guys. Next time I pop in VI I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Oh no doubt man.. you crushed my Blanka with Abel that one time but then I think we evened it up towards the end... seems we're both at similar skill levels.. but DUDE my fucking HK button stopped working during that match when I was Vega. When I reconnected the stick it started working again.. sorry I quit prematurely. :(

Btw, just wanted to remind you all that I updated the GGPO set on demonoid to include Windjammers.. strange choice for an addition but whatever. I'm also coming close to getting GGPO working in Linux.. but not yet. :([/QUOTE]

lol, it's cool. My El Fuerte and Dhalsim are terribad. Im only good with Abel.

It sucks too cause my friends play characters I have bad match-ups against. Shizza came to our casuals one time, so I had 3 Chuns, one arguably the best Chun in SoCal, to lose practice against.

Man, what a night! I was up until 3 A.M. playing TvC online. Got. Killed. W/L is 10/28. The lag is there, but only 4 matches were practically unplayable with a full second input delay. This was only the second fighting game I've played online(SSB:B was the first) and I've been enjoying it a lot. If any of you are up for some TvC online, PM me your Friend Code and I'll do the same or you can post it here if you prefer.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got TvC. I dabbled with it a little last night and this morning. Guess I have to beat it several times for the secret characters. I really like Alex. He made a good transition to the vs series.

Why does my character do some kinda energy burst when I'm doing a hard attack. He always does it at random when I have a full bar. What am I pressing to make him do this?

Nevermind, I found out. I guess I have one of the buttons programed to L+M+H+P

This snow is fucking insane. We had 2 feet over the weekend and are supposed to get another foot or two tonight. Feels like Russia up in this bitch.

[quote name='PhrostByte']This snow is fucking insane. We had 2 feet over the weekend and are supposed to get another foot or two tonight. Feels like Russia up in this bitch.[/QUOTE]
man, it's raining in los angeles, this sucks

[quote name='PhrostByte']This snow is fucking insane. We had 2 feet over the weekend and are supposed to get another foot or two tonight. Feels like Russia up in this bitch.[/QUOTE]

Dude Russian women..:drool: All about the mail order poo. But I hear you, just now getting home wtf fuckers need to learn how to drive in this shit. On the bright side boss called me on my way home and said she wasn't coming in so my ass is taking tomorrow off.

When super comes out we need to have some fgt west coast vs east coast team matches for shits and giggles.

[quote name='LostRoad']When super comes out we need to have some fgt west coast vs east coast team matches for shits and giggles.[/QUOTE]

I think that'd be troublesome considering the systems everybody is getting them for will probably be split down the middle. I know almost everybody in the chat is getting it for the PS3, as am I.

bread's done
Back