General Gaming Thread #4: Weeaboos Are Welcome

I forgot about Resonance of Fate.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Kaidan: Cool guy
Ashley: Ugly bitch racist[/QUOTE]
I'll take the racist over the whiny bitch any day.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You can change the look of your preexisting shepard in ME2 right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah you can change what your character looks like in ME2.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Real men fuck the blue chick[/QUOTE]
Yea, Liara was the best (chose her - Ashley was annoying). But, Kaiden over Ashley? No way. Did you use Kaiden in your group?

Yeah you can change what your character looks like in ME2.
Oh thank god.

I thought it was lame that I couldn't have both Ashley and Blue Chick. There better be an option for a lesbian 3 way in ME2.

Resonance of Fate does look pretty interesting...at least those trailers/gameplay snippets do. Plus, isn't it only like $39.99 MSRP?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, Liara was the best (chose her - Ashley was annoying). But, Kaiden over Ashley? No way. Did you use Kaiden in your group?[/QUOTE]

I used Garrus and Wrex when I wasn't trying for ally achievments.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I need to check my ME save again and
make sure Ashley(fuck that other guy) and Wrex aren't dead
. I honestly can't remember what I did in my last playthrough... Maybe I'll just start a new game+ on easy to breeze through it before ME2.[/QUOTE]
I plan on starting up another playthrough to make sure
that I keep Wrex alive, too. I think I let him get killed in my last playthrough. I need to make sure Ashley is dead, too. I wish I could kill off both her and Kaiden.
They just always seemed like total dicks to Shepherd whenever I talked to them. Wrex and Garrus, FTW.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Real men fuck the blue chick[/QUOTE]

I did that with Liara. Who's the counselor chick? I got the ally achievement for her and stupid bitch ashley. If I played again, ashley would get left... her annoying useless ass... :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I did that with Liara. Who's the counselor chick? I got the ally achievement for her and stupid bitch ashley. If I played again, ashley would get left... her annoying useless ass... :bomb:[/QUOTE]
She's far less annoying Kaiden. Also I found arguing with her was alot more fun then listening to anything Kaiden had to say.

I used Ashley a lot since her combat skills were useful to me. Liara's psyche skills meant I used her a lot too. My Shepard was female, so basically I had the Space Bitches Squad.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Which one?

I fucked both Liara and the counselor chick.

It was great.[/QUOTE]

I got a bit turned off after the confusing description of Asari mating made it sound like they used their blue space babe powers to make magic baby cocoons.

Lost Planet (I'm just getting around to it now) is kind of really bad. I spend half the time watching my guy do the long "I got hit by something offscreen" animation.

I mainly stuck with Tali and Liara along with my soldier Shepherd. Worked well, I blasted everything to hell, Liara used the magic (whatever it was called), and Tali was their to hack stuff, open locks etc.

I didn't find Ashley annoying at all. She was one of my favorite characters, I thought she had a good backstory and usually had something interesting to say. I didn't find Kaiden annoying, but I did think he was boring.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I mainly stuck with Tali and Liara along with my soldier Shepherd. Worked well, I blasted everything to hell, Liara used the magic (whatever it was called), and Tali was their to hack stuff, open locks etc.[/QUOTE]
Yea yea! Tali represent!

On Mass Effect 2 achievements:

I don't care what they put in, so long as they don't act as trojan horses for crippling bugs that often force you to reload your last save.

Seriously, what the fuck?
Doubly seriously, Mega Man 9 is the only game in which I've ever really cared about achievements.

Biotics are fuckin' bullshit. Play the highest difficulty and try not to ragequit when you go up against a group of biotics. fuckin' bullshit hostage level. Makes me wanna play something less stressful. Like I Wanna Be The Guy.

I'm no cheesemint whore, so I could give two shits about playing at the highest difficulty.

If it's not fun, I don't bother...

[quote name='gunm']I'm no cheesemint whore, so I could give two shits about playing at the highest difficulty.

If it's not fun, I don't bother...[/QUOTE]
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I'm a bit of an achievement whore but playing RPG's (even western ones) at the highest difficulty isn't my idea of a good time.

There's much easier ways to get points, if that's your bag.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm a bit of an achievement whore but playing RPG's (even western ones) at the highest difficulty isn't my idea of a good time.

There's much easier ways to get points, if that's your bag.[/QUOTE]

There's a probably a huge difference in the feeling of accomplishment when you legitimately take down some crazy ass achievement/trophy vs. whoring the cheap ones.

There's a reason I don't have the 5 minute 1000/1000 Avatar on my gamercard. ;)

I just got my brother the PS2 Namco Classic Fighter Collection (Tekken Tag/Tekken 4/Soul Cal 2) for under the tree. I think he'll dig it because he liked Tekken 5/6 and my Soul Cal IV, and I don't think the oldness of the game will bug him because he still plays Tekken, like, 3 on the PS1.

BTW 8am=too early for shopping

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I just got my brother the PS2 Namco Classic Fighter Collection (Tekken Tag/Tekken 4/Soul Cal 2) for under the tree. I think he'll dig it because he liked Tekken 5/6 and my Soul Cal IV, and I don't think the oldness of the game will bug him because he still plays Tekken, like, 3 on the PS1.

BTW 8am=too early for shopping[/QUOTE]

Great gift, IMO.

Tekken Tag was kinda gimmicky, I honestly don't remember the difference, but T4 is awesome. The cover was cool.

[quote name='gunm']I'm no cheesemint whore, so I could give two shits about playing at the highest difficulty.

Same, the only games I've ever played on highest difficulty (in 25+ years of gaming) were Gears 1 and 2 in co-op.

And those were because it was fun and my buddy and I wanted to keep playing.

I couldn't care less about gamerscore. I'll for some achievements if the game is fun and I want to keep playing and the achievements are fun to go after. But otherwise I've got better things to do, like move on to the next game and have fun with it!

[quote name='dallow']Lost Planet 2 delayed till at least April. So that settles that.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooo! Oh well more time for Army of Two I guess.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Great gift, IMO.

Tekken Tag was kinda gimmicky, I honestly don't remember the difference, but T4 is awesome. The cover was cool.[/QUOTE]

Tekken Tag is the best Tekken and arguably the greatest 3D fighter ever made.

T4 is fun at first but really breaks down as you get more into it.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Tekken Tag is the best Tekken and arguably the greatest 3D fighter ever made.

T4 is fun at first but really breaks down as you get more into it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to comment like this, but I was feeling lazy. Also, agreed, though I still like Tekken 4.

I feel like I got some good presents for people this year - bose in ear headphones for my sister, a digital photo frame for my sister, netflix for my gf's mom, and Fallout 3+Red Faction Guerrilla (on the cheap from Fairytale Fights flipping) for my girlfriend's brother's soon to be new PS3. Dragon Age+a bottle of JD for my roommate, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do for my gf yet.

She kinda wants me to just pay some bills for her :/ Practical, I guess.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Great gift, IMO.

Tekken Tag was kinda gimmicky, I honestly don't remember the difference, but T4 is awesome. The cover was cool.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of a fan of the Tekken series praising 4 and hating on TTT. Most Tekken people seem to ignore/loathe 4.

Agreed. This is why I'm playing Dragon Age (PC) on Easy... I don't want to die and had more fun following the story than with that boring combat.

I haven't really played anything but WoW and MW2 for the past couple weeks. 23 in WoW, I'm hoping to hit 60 by the middle of February or so. My buddy I play with and I are both mages, and now that we've gotten our roles down (he's fire and I'm frost), we kind of really own. Triple EXP is probably the greatest thing in the world.

IDK what's up with Arkham Asylum. It's a great game and super fun, but it doesn't make me want to play for more than an hour at a time.

Regarding cheese: I was a whore until I hit 10,000. Then I kind of lost interest.

bread's done
Back