General Gaming Thread 7: Mass Effect 2 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, i got this game paid off. I'm glad I did that trade in thing back at christmas and then returned the saboteur for it.

I hope Serious Sam HD is good. I liked that game back on xbox. Being able to go on xbox.com and redeem points and add stuff to the download queue is so awesome.

I know zero about Mass Effect 2 and that's awesome to me. I just hope the 360 version runs as well as the videos have been showing. The first was much choppier. Might have to get the PC version, depending.

I'm pissed that Double Dragon isn't on XBLA anymore.. fuck! I was thinking about using my other 400 points for that..

If I go through on easy, and stay away from anything that's not the main story, can I complete Mass Effect in ~20 hours? The story is really interesting, but I can't do 40 hours of shitty framerate and screen-tearing just to see it unfold.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The Mako was fine until you had to fight things. Then its shitty shield came into play... [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that I will definitely agree with. It was annoying as hell how long the shield took to recharge.

But otherwise, I liked driving over crazy steep mountains, and driving around looking for artifacts etc. With the way I like to veg out and relax when playing games, that kind of stuff is right up my alley--just like wandering around exploring in Oblivion etc.

I'm definitely stoked for ME2, but I'm not going to grab it at launch as I just don't have time to get sucked into it (or any RPG right now). Busy as balls this semester with teaching a new course, and finishing up a big research project. Still in the office now finishing up some analyses before heading home.

Hell, I still haven't touched Fallout 3 and I've had that on the shelf for nearly a year now. Though I'll probably pick up ME2 and play through it first. Probably be either late spring when the semester calms down, or right after the semster ends in early may and I want to veg out for a couple weeks after surviving my first year as a prof!

But until then I'll stick with some MW 2 online and some stuff like Shadow Complex and Castle Crashers that I can play on a here and there when I have time basis. Unlike RPGs where I get sucked in and have to play constantly to really enjoy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthPuma']If I go through on easy, and stay away from anything that's not the main story, can I complete Mass Effect in ~20 hours? The story is really interesting, but I can't do 40 hours of shitty framerate and screen-tearing just to see it unfold.[/QUOTE]

Even less than that. Probably 10-12 hours on easy if you stick to the main story. If even that long.

I played on normal and it took me 35 hours to be it with doing every sidequest I could find and getting the completionist achievement.

[quote name='DarthPuma']If I go through on easy, and stay away from anything that's not the main story, can I complete Mass Effect in ~20 hours? The story is really interesting, but I can't do 40 hours of shitty framerate and screen-tearing just to see it unfold.[/QUOTE]
Probably a little over 20 hours.

I just started Assassin's Creed 2. Ezio's Assassin's costume is so much more badass than Altair's. I do like the lead-up to everything, story seems to be better thought out too.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, that I will definitely agree with. It was annoying as hell how long the shield took to recharge.

But otherwise, I liked driving over crazy steep mountains, and driving around looking for artifacts etc. With the way I like to veg out and relax when playing games, that kind of stuff is right up my alley--just like wandering around exploring in Oblivion etc.
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what was wrong with the Mako sections.

It's what Rei said about shields plus what Jer said about everything being pretty much the same plus the opposite of what you found great. When I'm burning in hell, Satan is going to hand me a 360 controller and force me to explore planets in Mass Effect until the day of the Apocalypse.

Working on my insanity playthrough of Mass Effect right now. Really looking forward to getting my hands on the sequel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This is exactly what was wrong with the Mako sections.

It's what Rei said about shields plus what Jer said about everything being pretty much the same plus the opposite of what you found great. When I'm burning in hell, Satan is going to hand me a 360 controller and force me to explore planets in Mass Effect until the day of the Apocalypse.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the shields and lack of variety were definitely drawbacks, but I still liked it ok and had a good time with it--other than the Mako combat sections because of the shields.

I'd really love it if they fix the shields and make the planets a lot more varied in the sequel, as it was fun driving up mountains, off cliffs etc. Just needs more variety and a shield that regenerates pretty quickly.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I just started Assassin's Creed 2. Ezio's Assassin's costume is so much more badass than Altair's. I do like the lead-up to everything, story seems to be better thought out too.[/QUOTE]
Wait until you're able to change the outfit's color.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm pissed that Double Dragon isn't on XBLA anymore.. fuck! I was thinking about using my other 400 points for that..[/QUOTE]

Are you shitting me? That's nuts.

How the hell does that even happen? So now I have a 'discontinued' game on my 360?

Wikipedia says it's because Empire Interactive went out of business. Therefore they weren't paying to have the title on the marketplace anymore, therefore it's gone.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yay, this is going to turn into pages about ME. That is good...

I just shot Wrex in the face =( I feel bad...
[/QUOTE]
I love that part. Shepard knocks him down and then shoots him three times. If you listen carefully you can hear that he's still alive after the second shot. Hilarious and awesome. You don't fuck with Shepard.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yay, this is going to turn into pages about ME. That is good...

[/QUOTE]
As you should he's the most awesome character in the game. Now go reload an older save and fix that. I can't wait to meet him again in ME2~

Was Jin just kissing Anna?

Why are kaz and hei working together?

Well, it doesn't look as bad as the chun li movie did, or even as bad as the kof movie -_-

Not sure, I wouldn't risk deleting it now I have it.

I thought it was a pretty decent port, glad I picked it up for nostalgia sake if nothing else.

EDIT - Got to "No Fighting in the War Room" in COD4 last night, been dreading trying to get through it on Veteran and it seems as tricky as I feared.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']The question is, if you delete DD can you re-download it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should be able to, from your download/purchase history.

Example:
I deleted Hexic HD at one point, assuming you could re-download. It's not on XBLA for purchase/download... uh oh. Got them to give me a code for it. Redeemed the code, it's on my purchase history, so now I can download Hexic HD even though nobody can see it on the marketplace... same goes for promo items, like the golden gears 2 weapons and such and promotional rock band things like the disturbed preorder bonus pack.

Is it me or does the ESRB make everything sound awesome? I still probably won't buy it since the gameplay footage for the game looks meh. Also not a fan of the weird version the US is getting.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Is it me or does the ESRB make everything sound awesome? I still probably won't buy it since the gameplay footage for the game looks meh. Also not a fan of the weird version the US is getting.[/QUOTE]

Man, they should put ESRB explanations on the back of the box. That game sounds awesome.

Dosnt ME2 come out same day as TatsuVsCap and No More Heroes 2? fuck ME2 then as much as I love it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Is it me or does the ESRB make everything sound awesome? I still probably won't buy it since the gameplay footage for the game looks meh. Also not a fan of the weird version the US is getting.[/QUOTE]

Wait... what? First big console game to have futa?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Dosnt ME2 come out same day as TatsuVsCap and No More Heroes 2? fuck ME2 then as much as I love it.[/QUOTE] Wrong answer. The correct answer is fuck everything else. I'll be getting all 3 because I hate saving money~

Wait... what? First big console game to have futa?
Seems like it... to bad the game looks like shit.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Dosnt ME2 come out same day as TatsuVsCap and No More Heroes 2? fuck ME2 then as much as I love it.

Wait... what? First big console game to have futa?[/QUOTE]

Pass on all three? Definitely not day one over here. Especially since 2 out of 3 are Wii games. :lol:

Is it march yet? :(

2vc72hk.jpg

Yeah, I beat it in 8 hours just focusing on the main story.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']As you should he's the most awesome character in the game. Now go reload an older save and fix that. I can't wait to meet him again in ME2~[/QUOTE]
Nah he is ok in my Paragon Vanguard dude playthrough, just not in my renegade Soldier chick playthrough. My chick is a biatch!

And returning that guys wife's body to Earth (guy at the Citadel) was so much easier and more fun being a bitch. I just grabbed the soldier that was holding the body, threw him up against a wall and said, "You know what I'm capable of!" Damn right!

Chicks with dicks? Day one for Rei.:lol:;)

[/QUOTE]
NOOOOOOO!!!!

Why, DNB? Whyyyyyyy?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']He was jeopardizing my mission dammit! WHYY WREX WHYYY! :cry:[/QUOTE]
You should've made him understaaaand! He's a dying species, DNB!!! HE NEEDS TO LIIIIIIIIVE!

Seriously, though.. I really felt like shit when I saw a friend kill Wrex in his playthrough. I didn't even know that was possible.. I thought he just left your party and went his own way if you didn't talk him out of getting mad.

I'm going with No More Heroes 2. While I want to get TvC, a couple of problems I have there:

#1 - No More fucking Heroes 2!
#2 - I don't have a Fight Stick on Wii

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You should've made him understaaaand! He's a dying species, DNB!!! HE NEEDS TO LIIIIIIIIVE!

Seriously, though.. I really felt like shit when I saw a friend kill Wrex in his playthrough. I didn't even know that was possible.. I thought he just left your party and went his own way if you didn't talk him out of getting mad.
[/QUOTE]
Screw that. I laughed when I shot him, and that's what he gets for pointing a gun at Shepard. My Shepard doesn't play around. You point a gun at her you better expect to die. Then after, I told Kirahae to leave his body for the wolves. That's going to be the canon game I carry into ME2.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Chicks with dicks? Day one for Rei.:lol:;)[/QUOTE]
Damn right.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Nah he is ok in my Paragon Vanguard dude playthrough, just not in my renegade Soldier chick playthrough. My chick is a biatch![/QUOTE]
Thats no excuse.

Chicks with dicks? Day one for Rei.:lol:;)
It would be day 1 for me too if the gameplay didn't look kind of shitty. Then again I've only seen some cam footage and this teaser with the futa talking trash.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Thats no excuse.[/QUOTE]
That's plenty excuse. He should have fallen in line and followed orders. Now he's dead just like that ignorant, racist council. And I laughed both times.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's plenty excuse. He should have fallen in line and followed orders. Now he's dead just like that ignorant, racist council. And I laughed both times.[/QUOTE]
No it's not. Wrex is single handly one of the best characters in the game. Besides he total agrees with your choice to kill the council.

And I'm not sure you should be talk trash about the council after doing excatly what they thought Humanity would do. :lol:

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']No it's not. Wrex is single handly one of the best characters in the game. Besides he total agrees with your choice to kill the council.

And I'm not sure you should be talk trash about the council after doing excatly what they thought Humanity would do. :lol:[/QUOTE]
This!

Wrex and Garrus are probably two of the best possible squad mates in ME. Wrex is damn near unstoppable.

[quote name='Krymner']I still haven't played ME1 yet. I got the PC version still sealed around here somewhere.[/QUOTE]
You gotta at least try it out, man.. It's fantastic. The sheer amount of background history they weave into the universe is mindblowing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Wrex and Garrus are probably two of the best possible squad mates in ME. Wrex is damn near unstoppable.[/QUOTE]
I never used Garrus until my last playthrough. He was pretty fun to hang around and I can't wait to meet up with him in ME2. I hope he'll join my party...

I'm ashamed that I never really got into reading the logs in ME... but that was due to the shitty interface.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I never used Garrus until my last playthrough. He was pretty fun to hang around and I can't wait to meet up with him in ME2. I hope he'll join my party...

I'm ashamed that I never really got into reading the logs in ME... but that was due to the shitty interface.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you there, the menus in ME1 sucked. I really hope everything's better in ME2. I have no idea what else they'll be able to elaborate on, though...

I'm pretty sure Garrus will join the party, too! I atleast hope he does.. If not, then I'll be crushed.

Also, on (what I'm pretty sure is) the last mission of Ghostbusters. Fun game.. I think I'm going to do another run through and pick up the achievements I missed before I send it back to GameFly thoroughly beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back