General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait wait... people who beat played P4, have you beaten Valkyrie Chronicles as well?

I have yet to play persona 4, but I'm just wondering how even that viewpoint is :lol:

on a side note though, I think you can play both at once since Valkyrie can easily be played in chunks. I spent about 5 months playing Valkyrie off and on, and don't feel like I've missed out on anything... and this was between playing a ton of other games in between with college work on top of that.

Check My List[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've beat VC.
[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, I don't think you could really say whether one game is better, since they are both exceptional within their genres (I haven't played P4 yet, but I am playing P3, so I know the general game type). I think it really depends on personal preferences as far as those 2 games go, because personally, I think Valkyria Chronicles is the best game I've played in a couple years.[/QUOTE]

I can. I loved VC, but P4 is miles ahead of it in my opinion.

P4 > P3 > VC

[quote name='Maklershed']Dear lord. Chiptunes is not for me apparently.[/QUOTE]

:lol: naw, chiptunes has such a wide range of stuff you'd find something you'd like...

probably the most accepted one is this one :lol:

8BP028.gif

http://www.8bitpeoples.com/mp3/get/180/8bp028-04-nullsleep-axel_f.mp3

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I really liked this about the game. Sure the game demands alot of time to commit to it, but its time you can play in your own set of chunks. Also the leveling and inventory system is great; straight to the point and not a nightmare.

While I don't think VC is the greatest game, I loved it, mainly due to the perfect cast. I've never loved a group of characters in a game like I have in VC, plus a non-one dimensional hero was a real breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, Welkin "I love nature! Let's win this war" Gunther isn't the deepest of characters :cold:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I really liked this about the game. Sure the game demands alot of time to commit to it, but its time you can play in your own set of chunks.[/QUOTE]
This is the only thing that annoys me about the Disgaea series. It takes a lot of time to go through the item world and some other levels, I just wish you could save when you wanted to instead of forcing yourself to just finish in order to get back to the save area.

The closest thing to this was sleep mode on the PSP >.>

[quote name='Maklershed']That is god awful. No offense. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Man, you're so tempting me to post up the nico nico douga stuff :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']Thank you BBV sale.
Spent $98 and now have $500 in GS credit. :)[/QUOTE]
Could you detail what games you flipped, how many and such?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Could you detail what games you flipped, how many and such?[/QUOTE]
GH:WT PS2 $3-->$15.75 (base) was the best flip, I found a store with MANY of those.
Lots of GoWII 7.75 (base, now 7.50) as well. This one was common.
Star Wars Battlefront II, and Clone Wars were 8 and 7.75. Had a few of those.

Halo 3 and GTAIV flipped to $15 and had some of those as well.

Other misc titles like, Hot Wheels: Beat That, SoTC, Valkrye Profile 2, GH:Aero, GH:80s, Call of Duty 5 (ps2), rounded out the rest.

Then the 30% movie trade in bonus, plus 10% Edge.
Various stores.

man... I need to find a BBV with that stuff loaded.

as for Welkin being non one dimensional, he's one of the few game heroes that had alot self confidence and understanding, something I barely see in most RPGs, especially JRPGs.

Only BBVs with a Gamerush had these games. But I think a few GR-less stores would have them.
My friend found one at least.

And no, you don't have to be a member flak.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man... I need to find a BBV with that stuff loaded.

as for Welkin being non one dimensional, he's one of the few game heroes that had alot self confidence and understanding, something I barely see in most RPGs, especially JRPGs.[/QUOTE]
Damn emo kids :lol:

Inf^Shini, my problem with Disgaea on the PSP/DS is that I can't play them for long periods of time since my hands get cramped. With that said I'll pick up Disgaea 2 for the PSP whenever it comes out or I could actually go finish the PS2 version since I'm actually close to the end...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just a heads up to those who have Noby Noby Boy...

Mars just got unlocked!

also, RE: Directors Cut (PS1) is hitting PSN next week... bad news? it's $9.99[/QUOTE]
OMG! Now everything can be red!

And, thats about what I'd expect to pay for RE... But I might skip it since I do own the DS version.

Wait, will Resident Evil Director's Cut actually be the director's cut? Or will they forget to uncensor it again?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']as for Welkin being non one dimensional, he's one of the few game heroes that had alot self confidence and understanding, something I barely see in most RPGs, especially JRPGs.[/QUOTE] True, true.

Time to go vanquish Ganon in Link to the Past and then play some more Chrono Trigger DS before bed. It's been a looong week, not exactly how I'd like to start my summer.

Man, I wish I still had my Neverhood and Total Annihiliation CD's :/

Those were some fun games, but now I can't find em' :(

Total annihilation's soundtrack kicks booty...oh, and so does The Neverhood's!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Inf^Shini, my problem with Disgaea on the PSP/DS is that I can't play them for long periods of time since my hands get cramped. With that said I'll pick up Disgaea 2 for the PSP whenever it comes out or I could actually go finish the PS2 version since I'm actually close to the end...[/QUOTE]
To me, the best version of Disgaea 1 is the PSP one. I enjoyed the fact that you can finally choose which song you want to play during the item world because that same song just drilled a hole through my head on the PS2 O_O

Disgaea 2 is eventually coming to the US on the PSP since it's already been released in Japan. Just like Tales of Vesperia...:p

Went back to my OC Remix collection, this SOR2 remix kicks the hiney too:
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01578/

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop.com uses the underwater music from Super Mario Brothers as their on-hold music :lol:
Now it's a track from Castlevania: SotN. Awesome.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
To me, the best version of Disgaea 1 is the PSP one. I enjoyed the fact that you can finally choose which song you want to play during the item world because that same song just drilled a hole through my head on the PS2 O_O
[/QUOTE]The music thing isn't a problem for me since I always listen to podcast/music when I'm grinding in an RPG.

Almost finished with Bioshock. Great game. Not sure if I want to keep it to replay, or trade it in tho. Not sure about the replay value once the story is complete. Guess I could try and score some more trophies. I'm certainly gonna be watching out for more Bioshock 2 news at E3 this year.

Gonna give DQ VIII and FF XII a shot today and see which one of the two interest me more.

Mirror's Edge on PC is pretty cool. They really cleaned it up from the console version and the mouse controls fit the game a lot better, I think.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I have band practice today. I just wanted to sleep in though. It'll probably take up most of my day. . .

I haven't even started Persona 4 yet. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Band practice > video games.

Every time.

[quote name='tiredfornow']41 hours of WOW this week, Mr. Anduhson? Yikes. :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

I'd say about 8-10 hours of that was idling (I fell asleep at my friends house in front of my computer).

But yeah, I need to go to work more instead of playing WoW. :bomb:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Thats still a day and a half of your week spent on WoW. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep, you've stated the obvious. ;)

Anyway, most folks that frequent the boards here play at least that much or close to that playing various games on their 360, PS3, and PC. (Not that it really makes a difference)

I've just been spending my gaming time playing WoW exclusively (my bass player and one of my guitarists started characters with me). I'd play TF2 if it would fucking work....

[quote name='tiredfornow']41 hours of WOW this week, Mr. Anduhson? Yikes. :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

41 hours isn't that much for a WoW player to spend in a week.

I've seen over a hundred

One of my former roommates played WoW at any given occasion. Once, when the internet was down, all he did was go to work. If he wasn't at work...he was sleeping. =/

The game can VERY addicting (you should see how much my bandmates play), but I'm getting more than a bit burnt out. The grind is starting to get to me, and I honestly just can't bring myself to stare a screen for seven hours straight anymore.

But shit, when you get a good group going, nothin' beats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back