General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Eh it doesn't really matter, because if I have to reload a save I have to start the entire mission over, which means I have to get a taxi because I'm not driving all the way to the beginning of the mission, so it's just a minor stop...but goddamn, I just hate doing all this shit over and over.[/QUOTE]

I think I did that mission 10 times. Mainly because I kept messing up after you get into the helicopter.
The game tells you one thing, but you're really supposed to just ignore that and do the opposite.
Needless to say, by the time I did the last run, I had that mission fuck ing wired. Good times.

I think I will get Droplitz tonight.

Droplitz is a pretty good game. It has a nice PJE element to its where if you get a good chain going, the music amps up nicely as a sign of your rhythm.

thank you for my iove song
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

The worst mission for me in GTA4 was Paper Trails. Jeez that took forever, just take the damn shot and hit him already! The dude you're supposed to follow like starts going twice as fast once you pass the bridge :/

I was able to get Liberty City Minute with 10 minutes to spare :p

there was a sad amount of cheese points just for playing through single player in that game...too many mp achievements too, which i'll never touch. I don't normally notice that, but it's pretty lame for GTA.

I didn't even bother with that. I'm the type of person that feels compelled to look in every nook and cranny of a game instead of just sticking completely to the mission. Maybe thats why its taking me forever to beat Dead Space although everyone says its only 8 or 9 hours long. :lol:

[quote name='nyprimus4']I want to get GTA4 but I'll get it when I can find it for $10 or less.[/QUOTE]
It's part of Blockbuster's B1G1 sale. You can get that, plus another game for $15.

I plugged a few holes in my collection this weekend.

Picked up Electroplankton used game only from a GS.
Paired it with a MINT case w/ all the included papers and manuals that I had waiting.
Props to DMK for getting me an unused PIN code for the game though! The one I had was used by the previous owner.

Time Crisis 4, a new copy, all of a sudden appeared in Dallas, and right down the street! So I went as soon as they opened and bought it.
They haven't been in stock in Dallas for months. Don't know where it came from.
There's only 1 other within 100 miles of me and that one is at least 50 miles away.
Don't plan to resell it, but I will if I ever find another in the wild since sealed copies sell for $80+.
Open but complete range from $45-$60

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Time-Crisis-4-WITH-GUNCON-3-New-Sealed-Playstation_W0QQitemZ170351061388QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item27a9b6e98c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A13%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Time-Crisis-4-w...c0.m14&_trkparms=65:13|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

I finally bought a matching bookshelf for my leaning desk. Looks so nice now!
Next I plan to get rid of my ugly tables, and couches and buy some much finer pieces that will actually match.

Played more Saints Row 2 and am enjoying it quite a bit on co-op with a friend. Fun times.

Tried to play some more Sam & Max but damn. I think I hate it now.
I'm so glad I got a lot of points cheap because I'd be kicking myself so hard if I had really spent 1600 points on that.
It's not funny at all to me and makes me wish I was playing Grim Fandango.
It's just too corny, and I love corny jokes, but this game.... or the delivery... I don't know.

I want to play just to beat Frisky on it's dumb leaderboard.
I'm almost past him and have barely played 5 mins of episode 2, while he's beat it. I just like trying to listen to all the dialogue.
Like mak, I try to do everything so it usually takes me longer with games.

GTAIV ENDING GET!!!!!

The helicopter part was easy....I just flew right to Happiness Island....then I kept getting killed right when you land there by mooks...but on the third successful-bike-jump try I had full health and half-full armor so I made it happen.

Wow, that's the end? Okay.

Proud of myself.

Gratz. I agree the helicopter part is easy...if you ignore the game's stupid, erroneous advice. Once I stopped doing what the game told me to, the rest was easy. I beat the game no problem once I got to Liberty Island.

[quote name='tiredfornow']He's actually a good looking fellow, manthing. If I were gay, I'd probably throw my arm around him and offer a drink.[/QUOTE]
Haha, thanks. Where is the nearest bar? ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']Dead Space question: Which is better, the Obsidian suit or a level 4 suit?[/QUOTE]
There is really a difference? I don't get the new suit thing. So, the different suits have different attributes? And don't you have to purchase the Obsidian one?

$20. Which is like 1600? Yea, you are right.

Also - I'm just about to start Prototype (on 360 - suck it!), hope it was a good decision to keep it! And I've heard that Red Faction is crap on PS3, so I've decided to get the 360 version of that as well.

The Obsidian suit was offered up as free DLC when the game launched. 360 got a free one too, whatever it's called (I only have it on PS3 myself).

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How much is Lost & Damned? Like 1600?[/QUOTE]I'd wait until the second DLC campaign is released.
There might be a discount for the bundle.

I plan to get both on the retail disc. (don't need the game to play)

I just started thinking about it after seeing the 4000 MSP/$30 deal....4000 plus what I have now would cover Lost & Damned, the Fallout 3 expansions I don't have, and MvC2...

But I might just wait for a disc....it's gonna be a standalone thing? Not a "pay for this disc then install it and never use it again?" Because that would be better...and it wouldn't take up more room on my HDD.

Indeed it is dallow.

I guess its not such a crazy thing. The same basically holds true for Fallout 3. You just have to try to not break the game. :lol:

EDIT: Frisky - I think I'm gonna get both. They both look pretty good.

There's only a few XBLA games out there that I want left.
I think I'll get The Maw next.

I was looking forward to Bust-a-Move LIVE but I hear it doesn't have online play. :(

I have Droplitz and it's good! I haven't quite gotten the strategy down yet though.

I was considering Punisher until I read Ship's review--sounds like a disappointment.

Monkey Island SE is out next week! I sure hope it's not 1600pts or some stupid shit like that. :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Aren't Metroidvania games generally able to be beaten that quickly for speed runs?

Also, buy Droplitz over Punisher.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then again, Metroidvanias aren't really that long. I can casually beat a 2d Metroid title in 2-3 hours. Heck, I can beat Prime 3 in under 5 hours (skip the cutscenes). And the ones that do good backtracking basically loop you around, and don't force you to trudge all the way back then go all the way forward again.

[quote name='gunm']Monkey Island SE is out next week! I sure hope it's not 1600pts or some stupid shit like that. :([/QUOTE]
It's going to cost 800 points.

I think I may have broken my PSP already. I got a used USB charger from Gamestop and I went to turn the system on while charging and the power light went green, but now it doesn't light up anymore. Not even orange to indicate a charge.

Maybe I should return the USB charger and get a different one?

random...

I thinned out my list for Gamefly and I had Yakuza near the bottom and I get notified its being sent today ...??? I have like 4 games above it with high availability >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']random...

I thinned out my list for Gamefly and I had Yakuza near the bottom and I get notified its being sent today ...??? I have like 4 games above it with high availability >_

I'm fine with it because at least I'm playing stuff I've needed to in a while, Yakuza being one of them.

My list keeps getting smaller so I expect to get my wanted games more easily after probably 3 more games.

What little I played of Prototype was pretty bad ass. Infamous is a lot of fun, and they do a lot with just the electrical weapon theme, but the Prototype guy seems to have a lot more ways to cause wanton destruction.

Prototype is just another super hero game, just more badass.
It's glitchy, boring, repetitive, and the graphics suck.
It can be fun though, but gets old pretty quick IMHO.
Definite rental.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Prototype is just another super hero game, just more badass.
It's glitchy, boring, repetitive, and the graphics suck.
It can be fun though, but gets old pretty quick IMHO.
Definite rental.[/QUOTE]
*whacks forhead* I had a chance to trade it for Red Faction.

Let's see, my options are as follows...

Lost Odyssey (start up disc 3)
Warhawk (Haven't played in months)
Majora's Mask
GTA: Chinatown Wars

or 1 of 3 Final Fantasy games
IV (DS), VI (GBA) or VII (PSN)

well...I've played about an hour of FFVII before, and I'm about to pass that mark again if I play it. That's the shortest amount of time I've put in any of the games I've listed.

I still can't stand 3D zeldas... the 2D ones had the best gameplay IMHO.

I still don't know why the 3D ones bore me ???

Part of the reason why I got a Wii was to finally play the 3D zeldas, but after about 8 hours of play, I really did not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back