General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']dumbass question and i wonder if any of you yakuza freaks can help me...

in Yakuza, the right after the dog gets hit by the rock, WTF do I feed it?[/QUOTE]
Go to that Don Quixote store and buy some dog food.

[quote name='Maklershed']NXE after the update:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25676

I probably will end up buying stuff for my avatar :oops:[/QUOTE]
I'll try to hold out, but I kinda like some of the steampunk stuff and I do have a weird amount of spacebucks.

PS Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks gorgeous. Sadly my laptop won't likely run it, probably not at all.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Water Kills Aliens. The Trees Did It.[/QUOTE]

Bruce Willis is dead.

Trees killing people is the happening, the water kills aliens is..signs?

[quote name='jer7583']Well I did get fable 2- why the hell is dead space 26.99 on the website and 34.99 in store?[/QUOTE]

You wasted whatever you paid for $$$le 2.

Anything>$0.01 is overpaying

There is nothing in that video that should appeal to any person in their right mind. Paying for virtual clothes that people will only see when they are looking at their friends list on the dashboard? Watching movies with people at different houses and making the screen smaller to use glorified AIM smiles?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Go to that Don Quixote store and buy some dog food.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

awesome thanks. as dumb as it sounds I went to a store and bought cat food for the dog.

[quote name='seanr1221']The avatar marketplace is the worst idea MS has ever had.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure tards will buy that shit up like they do on Home...if you look at as a part of game development, i.e. some guy designs one coat, which was probably ready for market within a week or less, then MS sells it for $2, and 50,000 people buy it--that's a nice revenue and probably a nice profit for basically no work. then multiply that by all the items on the marketplace. That'll buy some ivory back scratchers for J.Allard.

but this virtual personality space stuff is really, really, really cheesy. Then again, I don't really play online anymore or talk with internet friends through XBL, aside from the occasional fighting game match with chac. so maybe I'm missing something that teens and kids really dig.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just wait, I bet it'll get worse. :D The future is so bright, you have to wear shades. :cool:[/QUOTE]

em_milhouse.jpg

Just tried World of Goo and Crayon Physics. World of Goo was meh but Crayon Physics is very cool. Very tough though. I'm not smart enough for the game. :lol:

The Crayon Physics demo was easy street until I had to start drawing swinging levers and such. Damnit Jim I'm not an engineer!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Bruce Willis is dead.

Trees killing people is the happening, the water kills aliens is..signs?
[/QUOTE]

I hate M Night Shymalan. All his movies are asstacular

Wii Sports Resort is SO good. No joke. If you don't buy this, what's wrong with you, you lonely, fun hating person.

Nintendo is going to make so much money.

[quote name='Flak']The Crayon Physics demo was easy street until I had to start drawing swinging levers and such. Damnit Jim I'm not an engineer![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm stuck on an area with hinges. It's a box all the way on the left with two hinge pivots and the star is in a void way off to the right. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to drawl.

[quote name='whoknows']I hate M Night Shymalan. All his movies are asstacular[/QUOTE]

Take that back.

Sixth Sense and Signs were great movies and The Village was pretty good also.

His recent work has been complete crap though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The Trees Did It?

What's that a spoiler from? I know all the other ones.[/QUOTE]

The Happening

And I'm actually for the new Xbox Live Marketplace content. I'm not spending a single cent on it but I look at it like this. If studios and MS can make more money on crap content like this, they can afford to take more risks. We might see more games like Psychonauts and Okami. Well, hopefully.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol:

awesome thanks. as dumb as it sounds I went to a store and bought cat food for the dog.[/QUOTE]

I did that too :lol:

Only 1 store sells the dog food, to it's an understandable mistake.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']lol the village[/QUOTE]
This.

I took a girlfriend to see it, hoping to scare the crap out of her, but she was yawning the whole time.

Then she dumped me. fuck you Shamalama-ding-dong!

[quote name='Flak']This.

I took a girlfriend to see it, hoping to scare the crap out of her, but she was yawning the whole time.

Then she dumped me. fuck you Shamalama-ding-dong![/QUOTE]

I'd dump you if you made me it through The Village

I take back what I said about Iron Man not being too bad. The difficulty fucking spikes ridiculously. First couple missions--easy. Next mission my controller almost flew into the wall. Mission after that the mission itself is easy, but boss is just reaming me out.

[quote name='Flak']This.

Then she dumped me. fuck you Shamalama-ding-dong![/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Yeah, screw M. Night.

I really liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. But I didn't dig Signs at all, and loathed The Village so much that I swore off his movies. Haven't seen the last couple and won't bother unless he has a movie that's like 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes and friends are highly recommending it.

too much movie in my gaming thread! thinking about selling off a bunch of older promo and collectible shit that's just taking up space in my place. there's no need for it all. How would I ship my rare DDR Mario and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance standees, though? They're tabletop standees that Nintendo experimented with doing, about 18 inches tall, and the only two tabletop standees for Gamecube games that I know of.

Unbreakable is still my fave
comic book
movie. no other type of that movie has beaten if for me yet.

been playing Touch KO on my ipod... it's super simple and nice for what I paid for it ($3).

Also looking into possibly training myself to program on an ipod... i hate programming but find it's genna help me if i do learn.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Unbreakable is still my fave
comic book
movie. no other type of that movie has beaten if for me yet.

been playing Touch KO on my ipod... it's super simple and nice for what I paid for it ($3).

Also looking into possibly training myself to program on an ipod... i hate programming but find it's genna help me if i do learn.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about trying -- not game wise, necessarily, but there are so many "features" that I think mobile safari should have and doesn't... I really have been wondering how robust the API is and what language most programmers of iPhone apps use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back