General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']$70 or so... Maybe $80... with the soundtrack and stuff and some sort of cloth map maybe?

Edit: Wikipedia claims $60... but that seems low... maybe with tax it was about $70... and if games were running $49.99 back then, that could be the reason for the discrepancy in my head.[/QUOTE]

I think silver star story complete went up in price after a bit at retail, because I remember seeing it for a fairly regular price for the bundle or whatever it was, but then later I'd see it and be like "what the hell?" which is why I never bought it.

Sounds about right, I doubt my mom would have bought me something more expensive than that.
I wonder how I convinced her?

Grade school memories...

I might get trials HD. I heard it runs at 1080p with vsync and locked at 60fps and all this shit. I have the steam version but I only paid like $2.50 for it.

I doubt i will even try out the demo for Trials HD, looks kinda repetitive. I kinda want shadow complex, but not enough to get at full price. Once it drops in points + a great price on a 1600 point card comes around, i may bite.

There's a second Dotstream clone in the XBL Indie Games now called BitStream. :lol: I'm surprised there was one clone, let alone two, though the new game at least has more than one mode and has a neat music aspect to it.

Edit: There's also a Japanese Zelda clone in there, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The release of games such as exercise title Wii Fit and child-friendly Wii Music are thought to have boosted sales of the Nintendo console, which has been credited.

I played some more NPC Pikmin today. It's a pretty good conversion. It even keeps the overly annoying bird boss that killed 30 of my Pikmin, not to mention 13 Red Pikmin I lost going over that stupid narrow passage. Only one more area to go, though until the final area.

I also played a tiny bit of SF4 and Dead Space. I plan on playing more Dead Space.

Thats what I thought too JMEPO.

In one aspect I loved it because of the interface and the story. And in another I wanted to quit playing cause I was tired of being scared and being immersed in that world. :lol:

Woo-Hoo, 6 figure gamerscore, ahh shite no-one cares.

Went back to playing Crackdown last night, that game is pure fun.

Nice sig pic Mak. :D

I think I really want to play that Ghostbusters game, I hope it turns up in a deal soon.

[quote name='benjamouth']Woo-Hoo, 6 figure gamerscore, ahh shite no-one cares.

Went back to playing Crackdown last night, that game is pure fun.

Nice sig pic Mak. :D

I think I really want to play that Ghostbusters game, I hope it turns up in a deal soon.[/QUOTE]

I'd be more impressed if you had 100000 even. :p And don't even try to tell me that the 6 is in celebration of the 6th digit. I'd have to call phoneybaloney on that one.
Crackdown was fun... I should really find someone to run co-op/hardcore in that with.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']100006

I'd be more impressed if you had 100000 even. :p And don't even try to tell me that the 6 is in celebration of the 6th digit. I'd have to call phoneybaloney on that one.
Crackdown was fun... I should really find someone to run co-op/hardcore in that with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a bit of a wasted opportunity, I was going to go for 100001, but I wanted to play Crackdown and couldn't be bother pissing around.

NXE update is not bad. The game library and friends list load like they should now. I also bought an eyepatch for my avatar with some extra spacebucks.

Beat inFAMOUS last night.

What a shitty ending, as in I got angry I wasted time on playing the game shitty.

Still don't get how so many of you think it was so much better than Prototype...

Wait, I got it!

GGT

[quote name='manthing']Beat inFAMOUS last night.

What a shitty ending, as in I got angry I wasted time on playing the game shitty.

Still don't get how so many of you think it was so much better than Prototype...

Wait, I got it!

GGT

[quote name='seanr1221']Manthing, I would have given you more than that.[/QUOTE]

You told me you were interested in it when?

[quote name='Maklershed']He would've given you $22 and the heartiest of hand shakes.[/QUOTE]

Pass.

[quote name='manthing']Beat inFAMOUS last night.

Wait, I got it!

GGT

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, the story of inFAMOUS is not that great. But it is leagues better than friggen Prototype... Prototype better than inFAMOUS?[/QUOTE]
Infamous had the better story but I had more fun playing Prototype(Despite it's many flaws).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, the story of inFAMOUS is not that great. But it is leagues better than friggen Prototype... Prototype better than inFAMOUS?

Do you really have to hate every PS3 game to stay in the 360 fanboy club?[/QUOTE]

That's saying horseshit is better than cowshit. Shit is Shit man.

inFAMOUS is not 'leagues better than friggen Prototype'. Especially since not having a reliable way to travel fast padded inFAMOUS' play time.

I'll take the Flying Squirrel over the s..l..o..w building climbs any day.

And why do you take such personal offense to PS3 criticism?

:lol:

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Infamous had the better story but I had more fun playing Prototype(Despite it's many flaws).[/QUOTE]

same here. prototype was all about power fantasy which is kind of what i want when playing a super hero/villain game.

infamous was like going to a good, well made action movie but with no explosions.

I still don't get manthing's travel gripes in inFamous. Climbing up a building is fast and induction grinding makes travel a breeze. It's not like the world is San Andreas big, either.

Nintendo .. lol

gam_nielsenchart3_580.jpg

[quote name='gunm']I still don't get manthing's travel gripes in inFamous. Climbing up a building is fast and induction grinding makes travel a breeze. It's not like the world is San Andreas big, either.[/QUOTE]

It's just much slower than say running up the building/Flying Squirrel, taking a cab, driving a car, stealing a jetpack, etc.

[quote name='manthing']It's just much slower than say running up the building/Flying Squirrel, taking a cab, driving a car, stealing a jetpack, etc.[/QUOTE]

It is odd that you can't drive cars, but you can hop on moving cars and ride them around, just like you can with the trains. I've done that to get away from those annoying exploding spider things.

Call of Duty World At War on veteran may be the least fun thing I've played through for the trophies. I almost miss fetch questing light seeds and blast shards.

Ah! I finally found my DSi!

It had gone missing for about a week, was getting worried!

Finished through mission 5 on veteran so far. Controller hasn't been thrown yet. I imagine that'll happen on the last Eastern Front mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back