General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people are still going gaga over Halo. The singleplayer in Halo 3 is generic, its only redeeming factor is that you can co-op with 3 other people.

Going to see Blink 182 today woo. Hope it doesn't rain.

[quote name='pete5883']I like how people will bitch that $60 is too much for Halo ODST even though it can be easily pre-ordered for $45 right now.[/QUOTE]

Dude, $20 is too much for ODST. ;)

I can't say I've got any interest at all in ODST, I think I only bought Halo 3 out of habit.

I'm not really interested in the multiplayer and I think the only Halo game with a decent single-player game was the first one. Co-oping through Halo 3 was ok, but it was no where near as good as the Gears 2, Resi 5 or even Saints Row 2 co-op experiences.

Edit - Halo has become a "Hey, remember when this game was great" title, and I'm starting to struggle to remember when it was great.

Halo = mind blowing at the time
Halo 2 = even better and still a great game
Halo 3 = good but not as good as Halo 2 and not compelling enough to keep playing

k arkham asylum is getting raving reviews gonna have to pick it up now though i should get to tryin the pc demo to see if it'll run ok on my laptop

[quote name='BlueScrote']I can't believe people are still going gaga over Halo. The singleplayer in Halo 3 is generic, its only redeeming factor is that you can co-op with 3 other people.

Going to see Blink 182 today woo. Hope it doesn't rain.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, $20 is too much for ODST. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benjamouth']I can't say I've got any interest at all in ODST, I think I only bought Halo 3 out of habit.

I'm not really interested in the multiplayer and I think the only Halo game with a decent single-player game was the first one. Co-oping through Halo 3 was ok, but it was no where near as good as the Gears 2, Resi 5 or even Saints Row 2 co-op experiences.

Edit - Halo has become a "Hey, remember when this game was great" title, and I'm starting to struggle to remember when it was great.[/QUOTE]
All so true.

[quote name='dallow']PC version of Batman is so :drool: with the advanced PhysX feature that Mirror's Edge also had.[/QUOTE]

don't forget mods like changing batmans costume
damn now i really have to make sure it'll run ok especially since the pc version will rape the console version

A mod to make him look like the Animated Series Batman will probably show up. I'd love to see that.

EDIT: Fuuuuudge, now I have to get Batman. I did like the demo and it left me wanting more. (which is rare)

Eurogamer - 9
IGN - 9.3 "best comic book game of all time"
1Up - A-
C&VG - 9.2

So cheap on Amazon. Might as well.

I'd care a bit more about Batman if my 360 wasn't broke. :( I actually have it pre-ordered on amazon for the PS3 , since I've been hearing that the PS3 version might be better. If it's not , it shouldn't be too hard to swap versions with someone else.

Any thoughts about whether it'd be better to buy a Arcade 360 and 120GB hard drive from Amazon or just wait for the Elite to drop in price (they'd both cost the same either way)?

Been making some good progress on my backlog since I've been on vacation. Managed to beat The Conduit , about halfway or more done with Resident Evil : Code Veronica X , making good progress in Kingdom Hearts , beat Contra : Shattered Soldier (on easy :oops:) , and Speed Racer that I had on rental from Gamefly.

Isn't the Elite going to $299 this Sunday? But honestly, it seems like the PS3 version is the one to get, if only for the Joker Challenges. Even if they come to the 360 as DLC, you get those early and you won't have to pay extra for them with the PS3 version.

[quote name='KingBroly']Isn't the Elite going to $299 this Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about it being this sunday , but by the end of the month is what I've been hearing. The price between the 2 options is the same , so it is really more of a matter of "is there any good reason to just wait for an elite"?

[quote name='BlueScrote']I can't believe people are still going gaga over Halo. The singleplayer in Halo 3 is generic, its only redeeming factor is that you can co-op with 3 other people.

Going to see Blink 182 today woo. Hope it doesn't rain.[/QUOTE]

lol.

I agree, but it's funny to talk about people's taste for Halo and then this.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I don't know about it being this sunday , but by the end of the month is what I've been hearing. The price between the 2 options is the same , so it is really more of a matter of "is there any good reason to just wait for an elite"?[/QUOTE]I'd say double the HDD size is good enough.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']don't forget mods like changing batmans costume
damn now i really have to make sure it'll run ok especially since the pc version will rape the console version[/QUOTE]

I am already have the PS3 CE pre-ordered, So I think I'll just pick up the PC version when it drops in price later down the road for the mods/skins.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I don't know about it being this sunday , but by the end of the month is what I've been hearing. The price between the 2 options is the same , so it is really more of a matter of "is there any good reason to just wait for an elite"?[/QUOTE]

Well...if you got an Arcade unit, you wouldn't get Component/HDMI cables, which current black box Elite models have. So, you'd have to shell out another $50 for those if you got an Arcade or a white box Elite model.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well...if you got an Arcade unit, you wouldn't get Component/HDMI cables, which current black box Elite models have. So, you'd have to shell out another $50 for those if you got an Arcade or a white box Elite model.[/QUOTE]

$50 for Component or HDMI cables?

Give me what you're smoking.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well...if you got an Arcade unit, you wouldn't get Component/HDMI cables, which current black box Elite models have. So, you'd have to shell out another $50 for those if you got an Arcade or a white box Elite model.[/QUOTE]

Component cables can be had for about $30 for the 360.

And if someone is spending more than $10 on an HDMI cable...they're doing it wrong.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Component cables can be had for about $30 for the 360.

And if someone is spending more than $10 on an HDMI cable...they're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well, without the 360's specific HDMI cable, you can't surround sound because Microsoft hates generic cords like that.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, without the 360's specific HDMI cable, you can't surround sound because Microsoft hates generic cords like that.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Their HDMI cable is proprietary too?

I stand corrected. Just wow.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Wow. Their HDMI cable is proprietary too?

I stand corrected. Just wow.[/QUOTE]

No they're not. Don't listen to him.

[quote name='dallow']I'd say double the HDD size is good enough.[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='StarKnightX']Any thoughts about whether it'd be better to buy a Arcade 360 and 120GB hard drive from Amazon or just wait for the Elite to drop in price (they'd both cost the same either way)?[/QUOTE]

Also , my other option that I didn't mention is to go without the 360 for a bit longer (maybe hold out for a holiday bundle) and pick up a PS3 slim when they come out for the same amount.

My bad, I misread your original post.

Wait, what happened to your current 360?
EDIT, I mean I now it broke, but what's to become of it?

[quote name='dallow']My bad, I misread your original post.

Wait, what happened to your current 360?
EDIT, I mean I now it broke, but what's to become of it?[/QUOTE]

From what I've experienced , and what I've read about other error problems and such , it seems I'm experiencing something similar to the E74 error , except without the system giving me the red ring.

The system crashes every time I boot it up (sometimes right away , other times it takes awhile) and also gives me checkerboard images and occasionally even gives me grinding noises (with or without a game inside). Sometimes the screen just goes black , but doesn't shut down or anything.

In any case , since I'm out of warranty , and the problem isn't a red ring issue or a E74 error , I appear to be SOL. :[

It's kinda hard to justify a new 360 unless you have over a year of LIVE, all of your gaming friends are LIVE only, a ton of MS Points, and dozens of 360 games.

[quote name='manthing']It's kinda hard to justify a new 360 unless you have over a year of LIVE, all of your gaming friends are LIVE only, a ton of MS Points, and dozens of 360 games.[/QUOTE]

My subscription to Live just ran out yesterday.
Most of my friends do have 360s , instead of PS3s , but I don't play online that much anyway.
I was running low on MS Points but I did buy some to get SF 2 HD Remix when it was on sale.
I do have a bunch of 360 games , but the only reason I don't already have a bunch of PS3 games is because I don't have the system. It won't take me long to fill up my backlog with PS3 games once I actually have the system. (waits for someone to ask me to define "a bunch" of 360 games)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you like movies about gladiators?

51-dDsYiA%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I don't know of any real deals other than saving tax at Amazon (depending on your state).

Perhaps closer to launch.
I read though that store are getting them as early as next week and they're allowed sell them immediately.

EDIT: Nice TV btw!

[quote name='dallow']I don't know of any real deals other than saving tax at Amazon (depending on your state).

Perhaps closer to launch.
I read though that store are getting them as early as next week and they're allowed sell them immediately.

EDIT: Nice TV btw![/QUOTE]

That's what I figured , I just wondered whether I missed someplace else offering some kind of incentive (not that anything other than the price would probably be needed).

Thanks on the support about the TV. I'm hoping it turns out really good.

I think you also save shipping with Amazon, but you get it a bit later.

Only one more achievement to go in Shadow Complex. But man...level 50. I'm only at level 29 right now, and starting the Campaign on Insane over and over again will be a chore.

[quote name='pete5883']You could always, you know, not get the achievement. And do something fun instead.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not say anything we can't take back.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think you also save shipping with Amazon, but you get it a bit later.

Only one more achievement to go in Shadow Complex. But man...level 50. I'm only at level 29 right now, and starting the Campaign on Insane over and over again will be a chore.[/QUOTE]

You already beat it twice with 100% and 13%? :whistle2:s

Pannys are pretty good. BB had that Samsung 46" LED set for $1699--glad to see those starting to come down in price too.

I'm enjoying Shadow Complex, it really does live up to the hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back