General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true manthing.

---

Welp, someone ruined it for everyone so the account is closed.
Apparently Gamestop is giving out the codes now though. Hmmm.

[quote name='manthing']Dear GGT:

Besides the new Ratchet&Clank and Demons Souls, are there any other recently released PS3 only games worth attempting the BB glitch with?

Keep in mind I already have Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Glitch some for your good buddy frosty. All 3 of those, please. ;)

[quote name='gunm']PM me dallow! :)

Yeah the BB thing is pretty random. Plus, my local BB is tight fisted over shenanigans. I got comparable savings at Amazon thanks to ECA, promo credits, and other discounts/credits, so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

Though ECA is no longer working...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Though ECA is no longer working though.[/QUOTE]

I'm 99.9% positive though if you cancel one of your pre-orders that you used an ECA code the ECA code will save back to your cart, if people are interested in this.

I cancelled the Prestige Edition of MW2 and then went and bought the regular version and Brutal Legend and got both for "free" after ECA codes and all that. I would assume it should still work at this point because BL is what, 2 weeks old?

[quote name='dallow']that's true manthing.

---

welp, someone ruined it for everyone so the account is closed.
Apparently gamestop is giving out the codes now though. Hmmm.[/quote]

fuck you fucking fuckers.

[quote name='JuliusC']I'm 99.9% positive though if you cancel one of your pre-orders that you used an ECA code the ECA code will save back to your cart, if people are interested in this.

I cancelled the Prestige Edition of MW2 and then went and bought the regular version and Brutal Legend and got both for "free" after ECA codes and all that. I would assume it should still work at this point because BL is what, 2 weeks old?[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean the codes that already worked or changing preorders, I meant that ECA stopped generating codes. And that the few codes I did get were expired before I could use them. :(

gah nice BB glitch but i already got everything i would want out of it and the only thing i can think of worth getting is forza 3 :lol:

if only i had a ps3 then i could attempt to get demon's souls stupid cheap :cry:

Final Fantasy 7 is over rated, I liked 8 better.

Also, Odin Sphere open it and play or sell it? I got the last copy at Sears for 10$.

Arcana Heart is proving to be a fun game, any other console games similar?

Yakuza, I will be starting soonish.

Odin Sphere is insanely pretty, but very shallow. Levels design is barren and flat, or copies of other levels. Fighting is a fun combo of action and rpg at first, but the novelty wears off after a few minutes of play. I'd sell if you can get a good profit.

[quote name='Persona7']Final Fantasy 7 is over rated, I liked 8 better.[/QUOTE]

While I don't think the story of FF7 is overrated, I do think the characters are. Also, I loved 8 alot more as well.

[quote name='dallow']Welp, someone ruined it for everyone so the account is closed.
Apparently Gamestop is giving out the codes now though. Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't me since I never got a PM. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Though ECA is no longer working...[/QUOTE]

I got what I wanted that would've qualified for the sale already, so I'm all good for now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']While I don't think the story of FF7 is overrated, I do think the characters are. Also, I loved 8 alot more as well.[/QUOTE]
Everything about it was overrated. And FF8 was ok...

Finally finished Uncharted 2. Super good. I suppose I can see the complaints about the latter half of the story, but it's in line with the first, and I wouldn't expect drastic changes in later iterations of the game.

I didn't play any games for almost a week or so, and came back in halfway through the game, but I don't recall why
I'm supposed to be fond of Chloe. She was a fuckin' jerk and I wanted to kill her.

Also, needed way more Sully. Way more.

[quote name='Persona7']Final Fantasy 7 is over rated, I liked 8 better.

Also, Odin Sphere open it and play or sell it? I got the last copy at Sears for 10$.

Arcana Heart is proving to be a fun game, any other console games similar?

Yakuza, I will be starting soonish.[/QUOTE]

I really loved Odin Sphere, despite the difficulty. It had a really cool intersecting story, and the combat was nice and quick, not long and arduous like most RPGs.

[quote name='mykevermin']GOWIII is mad bloody. Like GoW I&II are diet gore in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately violence is one of those things you can never have enough of.

[quote name='Magus8472']Fortunately violence is one of those things you can never have enough of.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Violence and the GoW series go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I think I might be alone in this, but I liked the first GoW way better than the second one.

Only god of war I liked was the PSP one so far. I'm willing to give the ps2 ones another shot on gow collection.

Maybe I've played too much Saints Row 2, but Ballad of Gay Tony is killing me. I like what I've played so far in terms of atmosphere and story, but it feels like they made the driving controls even worse compared to GTAIV.

... how could the driving in Gay Tony be any different than the driving in GTA IV..?

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Dudes I'm hammered from my tailgate and waiting until I go out tonight. Who's ready to play some fallout 3 dlc?[/QUOTE]I still haven't been hammered yet although my co-workers want to change that.

Anyway, I mostly just played some PSP demos on my Go (J&D: TLF, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, and Crystal Defenders) and NFS Shift on PS3. Liking NFS Shift so far and earned some trophies in it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I still haven't been hammered yet although my co-workers want to change that.

Anyway, I mostly just played some PSP demos on my Go (J&D: TLF, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, and Crystal Defenders) and NFS Shift on PS3. Liking NFS Shift so far and earned some trophies in it.[/QUOTE]
cool-dog-300x220.jpg

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I still haven't been hammered yet although my co-workers want to change that.[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of 40 Year old virgin. :lol:

I am trying really, really hard to like Demon's Souls, but I think I'm far too big of a vagina for it. I like how intense it is, it's been a while since a game made my palms sweat like this, but I've put 2:30 hours into world 1-1, and have accomplished absolutely nothing. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, I think I got pretty far until I got raped anally by a dragon. I knew that it was going to be frustrating going in, but I didn't realize frustrating it really is. Especially when you die a bullshit death and have to re do the past 30 minutes of killing shit. I'm gonna give it a little longer, but if things don't click fast I'm selling it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I am trying really, really hard to like Demon's Souls, but I think I'm far too big of a vagina for it. I like how intense it is, it's been a while since a game made my palms sweat like this, but I've put 2:30 hours into world 1-1, and have accomplished absolutely nothing. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, I think I got pretty far until I got raped anally by a dragon. I knew that it was going to be frustrating going in, but I didn't realize frustrating it really is. Especially when you die a bullshit death and have to re do the past 30 minutes of killing shit. I'm gonna give it a little longer, but if things don't click fast I'm selling it.[/QUOTE]

You were fighting a dragon in 1-1? I think you took a wrong turn somewhere.

Tekken 6 is fun. I'm actually really enjoying the Campaign Scenario. There's something amusing about killing everyone with Law. He's awesome. It's also great to have an achievement pop up what seems like every 5 seconds.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing.[/QUOTE]

I think that's my biggest problem with Demon's Souls. Go try to read the game thread on here for it - it's like trying to read another language entirely, and the game certainly isn't helpful in terms of explaining what any of the stuff is like World Tendency and whatnot.

Ballad of Gay Tony is getting much better, though I'm almost finished with the main story. Thankfully I got it from Gamefly.

[quote name='jer7583']NFS Shift videos[/QUOTE]

Product manager at EA - Oh shit, it's another new year, push that NFS game out the door! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!

Tester - But we haven't tested anything yet!

EA - Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 are right around the corner! Launch that bitch!

Tester - People's cars keep getting stuck in the track!

EA - You're fucking fired!

[quote name='DarthPuma']I am trying really, really hard to like Demon's Souls, but I think I'm far too big of a vagina for it. I like how intense it is, it's been a while since a game made my palms sweat like this, but I've put 2:30 hours into world 1-1, and have accomplished absolutely nothing. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, I think I got pretty far until I got raped anally by a dragon. I knew that it was going to be frustrating going in, but I didn't realize frustrating it really is. Especially when you die a bullshit death and have to re do the past 30 minutes of killing shit. I'm gonna give it a little longer, but if things don't click fast I'm selling it.[/QUOTE]

You are not supposed to fight a dragon yet. If it is the one near a cliff with burned knights around it, then you just grab some loot and leave. If it is the one on the bridge, you are supposed to run across the bridge and away from it.

I don't think I posted the one where one car drives directly under another car and flips it in the air.. haha that game looks broken as shit. Most complaints come from the PS3 MASTER RACE version as well, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back