General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Halo05']Product manager at EA - Oh shit, it's another new year, push that NFS game out the door! GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!

Tester - But we haven't tested anything yet!

EA - Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 are right around the corner! Launch that bitch!

Tester - People's cars keep getting stuck in the track!

EA - You're fucking fired![/QUOTE]

This sounds like work. :(

--

So was I supposed to get more than a "Halo Monitor" or whatever for trying waypoint? Cause that's all I got. :(

Ballad of Gay Tony was fun, but seems really incomplete. An unfiltered, unedited, detached mess of an inconsistent story. Which is a shame since I liked the depth of the characters in it. And the new weapons were a mess.

I feel like, if you paid for the game, you got about 65% of what you should have.

[quote name='mykevermin']Ballad of Gay Tony was fun, but seems really incomplete. An unfiltered, unedited, detached mess of an inconsistent story. Which is a shame since I liked the depth of the characters in it. And the new weapons were a mess.

I feel like, if you paid for the game, you got about 65% of what you should have.[/QUOTE]

Did you play TLAD? What'd you think of that by comparison?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This sounds like work. :(

--

So was I supposed to get more than a "Halo Monitor" or whatever for trying waypoint? Cause that's all I got. :([/QUOTE]

if youve beaten odst and gotten the endure and good samaritan achievements you wouldve also gotten a recon and odst helmet+odst armor along with a halo shirt and hoodie

Just played through the GoW III demo. It can only be described as unbelievably awesome. Fantastic. I'm super pumped. I can't wait for the full game. :whee: :bouncy:

[quote name='jer7583']I don't think I posted the one where one car drives directly under another car and flips it in the air.. haha that game looks broken as shit. Most complaints come from the PS3 MASTER RACE version as well, it seems.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Shift all weekend and apart from the driving a car under another car (which I don't think it's actually a glitch, sadly) I've had no problems with it.

The problems I have with it are that the drifting is fucking terrible and I'm starting to get a bit bored with it, but that always happens with driving games when I've been playing them for this long.

There's a lot I really like about the game though, I don't regret buying it.

EDIT - Although having watched those videos I'm wondering if I'm not seeing a lot of this stuff because I mostly use the cockpit view.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']if youve beaten odst and gotten the endure and good samaritan achievements you wouldve also gotten a recon and odst helmet+odst armor along with a halo shirt and hoodie[/QUOTE]

fucking lame. i managed to sit through the PoS known as Halo 3 and have a 17 level or whatever because of it. they should give me some avatar swag for that. :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']fucking lame. i managed to sit through the PoS known as Halo 3 and have a 17 level or whatever because of it. they should give me some avatar swag for that. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

Well, except for the POS Halo 3 bit.

But I should be getting some clothes for killing the Engineers. It's not my fault I mow down everything in my path that is an abomination to our white human God!

I finally played Raiden IV today on :360: The game is quite fun and I definitely enjoy it more than Raiden III (which I felt a little ripped off after buying and playing it). Earned a few cheese mints in the game.

Also played a little Uncharted 2 co-op with a co-worker online.

Looking to play some Tekken 6 and maybe NFS Shift tonight. Oh yeah, my copy of Batman: AA :ps3: has arrived. :D

Well, time to trade in Infamous while it's still worth $25.

I got about 2/3 in and didn't feel like playing anymore. Just so damned repetitive, without any of the fun combat/traversal that Prototype had. Game was very meh. 3/5 stars.

[quote name='jer7583']Well, time to trade in Infamous while it's still worth $25.

I got about 2/3 in and didn't feel like playing anymore. Just so damned repetitive, without any of the fun combat/traversal that Prototype had. Game was very meh. 3/5 stars.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I felt Prototype had over infamous was the traveling speed/methods.

So I purchased "Genji" on PS2, and I don't see why this game gets a TON of hate. I am really enjoying it. While it a few issues I can see past them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The only thing I felt Prototype had over infamous was the traveling speed/methods.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Prototype, but I can definitely say that travel time is Infamous is a task and a half.

[quote name='Thomas96']I haven't played Prototype, but I can definitely say that travel time is Infamous is a task and a half.[/QUOTE]

problem is (a) they don't give you the hover until late and (b) the grind, even though you get it kind of toward the beginning, is sort of useless, because the train tracks and the power lines are badly placed.

Yeah, that's the main annoyance. And also that the missions are kinda lame.

Week of 11/15 is rediculous.

L4D2, Ass Creed 2, NSMB Wii, and God of War Collection..

I might wait on AC2 and GoW, though. L4D2 and NSMB Wii are for sure. Then holiday season is over, but January is just as ridiculous..

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah, that's the main annoyance. And also that the missions are kinda lame.

Week of 11/15 is rediculous.

L4D2, Ass Creed 2, NSMB Wii, and God of War Collection..

I might wait on AC2 and GoW, though. L4D2 and NSMB Wii are for sure. Then holiday season is over, but January is just as ridiculous..[/QUOTE]
Wow... I didn't realize there were that many coming out. That's almsot as crazy as the end of September.

Yeah, I'm really excited for NSMB Wii, probably most of all of those. It's going to be a very multiplatform day - L4D2 on PC, AC2 on 360, NSMB Wii, and GoW on PS3..

I think I'll run out that day and pick up NSMB Wii. I haven't done anything with my Wii in about 3 months..

I want L4D2, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to afford it yet.

Best Buy is giving $10 off on release day - making the PC version $40. Pretty reasonable.

Pretty good deal, actually, I hadn't heard of that. I'll really try to pick it up, then. Hopefully I'll actually be able to get my old squad back together. We kind of all fell out of touch after everyone got RRoD'd one right after the other. If not, then hopefully it'll be fun in single player.

[quote name='jer7583']Best Buy is giving $10 off on release day - making the PC version $40. Pretty reasonable.[/QUOTE]

Just wait 6 months, it'll be $20 on steam once they announce L4D3 for Nov 2010.

I finished the J&D: TLF demo on PSP. Dark Daxter part wasn't that great, but everything else was great. Can't wait to buy it (hopefully this week).

I really enjoyed playing the Crystal Defenders demo on PSP. I'm tempted to double dip also buying that version (I already own it on PS3). I might go really crazy buying it on 360 and Wii also, lol. I dunno why, I just love Crystal Defenders so much for Tower Defense.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']problem is (a) they don't give you the hover until late and (b) the grind, even though you get it kind of toward the beginning, is sort of useless, because the train tracks and the power lines are badly placed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree, the trains seem to go around the city, and doesn't really intersect it, the way it needs to.

Man, how did they screw up the "epic mickey" game so badly?

How did it go from this:
epicmickey072905.jpg

To this:
screen1-10282009-3.jpg

Friggen dicks...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, how did they screw up the "epic mickey" game so badly?[/QUOTE]

By turning it into a Wii exclusive.

[quote name='blader16']Can't wait for resistance 3 & FF XIV. Too bad I heard some talk about a subscription fee for FF.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be an MMORPG like FFXI... so you can expect a subscription fee.

meh I can't wait for MW2... Borderlands is good but it just can't keep my attention for more than an hour or so and GTA TBOG is tons of fun but the multi player sucks as usual that and I'm sick of all the spoilers coming out for MW2... I've been lucky to enough to avoid a few but the one that caused all the "controversy" I unfortunately did not.

Anyone else taking a "sick day" from school/work that day? lol

The original screens look phenomenal, but Disney is surely too afraid to damage their franchise too much by making it "dark" or "apocalyptic." Shame, really, as the early art had my jaw on the floor, while the game screens have totally turned me away.

I'm sure Disney will still make more money by making this a wii game than the HD awesome concept art game that all of us want

Finished Prince of Persia last night. Downloaded the epilogue to hopefully play through tonight if I have time.

Great game. A few flaws--collect-a-thon with the light seeds, stupid quick time event button mashing in fights etc., but overall I really enjoyed it. One of the best looking games I've played as well.

[quote name='blader16']Can't wait for resistance 3 & FF XIV. Too bad I heard some talk about a subscription fee for FF.[/QUOTE]

Are you retarded?

Resistance is garbage.

[quote name='dallow']NSMB Wii looks so damn boring and the multi even worse! (and i'm a huge mario fan)
Why are people excited?

/venting[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not sure where the hype for that game is coming from either TBH. Mind you I struggle to get excited for any Wii game these days.

And that Epic Mickey game looks like a bad 3d platformer on the N64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back