General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just checking out the wiki. I think I'd have more fun playing as Brick but Roland sounds like he'd be more useful to flesh out the team so I guess I'll be Roland.

Just polished off my first co-op Borderlands experience. I had a 2 hour run with a buddy that plays as a Hunter and I use the Soldier, so we were a pretty good team. I leveled up 4 times while we played so it was pretty successful. I gotta say that it is one of the best co-op game I've ever played- it's just pure fun.

[quote name='ninja dog']only a 3 month ban. It's not like I posted a bunch of futanari or anything[/QUOTE]

What exactly did you get banned for? I've specifically been avoid that thread because of spoilers.

I've never been banned for anything out of the ordinary...or maybe I was, I can't remember. though I've heard from others that red scarlet has it out for me (i have no idea why), so she's probably the one who banned me.

[quote name='BlueScrote']What exactly did you get banned for? I've specifically been avoid that thread because of spoilers.[/QUOTE]

I had posted it before and I was bored so I decided to post it again...this was the ban message:

thread was locked the first time, so try try again, is it?

it also had copious use of the word $$$ and one instance of the word "$$$$er" and a spoiler, I guess. but it was all obviously satirical.

[quote name='zewone']red scarlet is a prude.[/QUOTE]

she seems like one of the more down to earth mods. but, like life, the one girl I think is decent wants to cut off my nuts. lotta man children on that moderation crew, but that's how a forum that large stays in order, i guess. you gotta pick morbidly obese men who do too many drugs and beat up their mothers for interrupting a south park episode to go crazy and just ban people for whatever (since someone will ask, that's amirox :lol: )

that was a brilliant thread mamesj
also gaf has been on a banning frenzy the past week with the bmw thread along with epic mickey and others :lol:

[quote name='dallow']EDIT: There are MW2 spoilers.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii at ninjadog's thread at GAF.
Work of art.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378771[/QUOTE]
I canceled my preorder at Gamestop (going to get it at Best Buy instead) but, IW is making it really hard for me to want to pick the game up. They have really turned into a bunch of douches. Gah... but I have to get it! It will be so good...

It's like Shadow Complex all over again.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']that was a brilliant thread mamesj
also gaf has been on a banning frenzy the past week with the bmw thread along with epic mickey and others :lol:[/QUOTE]

Link to the Epic Mickey one?

[quote name='Maklershed']I was just checking out the wiki. I think I'd have more fun playing as Brick but Roland sounds like he'd be more useful to flesh out the team so I guess I'll be Roland.[/QUOTE]
Exactly my thinking.

That and I thoought the characters were locked into certain weapon classes.

I've grown attached to Roland, though. He's a good support character.

Hmm...Anyone going to grab Splinter Cell Conviction?

I have 50$ in credit at gamecrazy and I have been thinking about preordering it. I really liked the gameplay I have seen so far, seems like a huge rehaul, I am considering paying full price for it.

Also I NEED INFO ON NO MORE HEROES 2.

Wow mames/apossum/ninja dog.

Good job on that thread.. I'm impressed.

I think dragon age sounds awesome, but I'm pretty sure I don't have time for it right now.

I'm trying to dedicate myself to playing Persona 1 on PSP. I've always liked the look and the idea of these games but I've never been able to stick with one.. The gameplay systems just seem so arcane like you would need to be sitting next to a guide the whole time..

Last edited:
My Guitar Hero Van Halen came today. Its...not so good. Of note is that there is a code on the cardboard sleeve that I guess will be for ripping some songs once the retail version is out.

Also, don't let the trailer fool you, you see the 80s version of the band for all of 5 songs. Even then, 2 of those are Eddie's solos. They did a nice job capturing David Lee Roth and Eddie's movements (Eddie even breaks out the cordless drill at one point),but you really only see the 50 year old versions doing them. You will also have the Frankenstein guitar design thrown at you every 3 seconds for the entire game.

Song choices are fine, odds are if you wanted a Van Halen song in Guitar Hero it's here. Eddie's solos are appropriately brutal to play even on medium. I would suggest the World Tour/GH 5 style guitar with the touchpad for the entire game.

There are some nice choices for the guest artist songs(Painkiller, Master Exploder, I Want It All), as well as some questionable ones that would've been better saved for Band Hero. (Stacey's Mom, Semi-Charmed Life)

I'm guessing this will crash in price even faster than Aerosmith. 15-20 dollars seems like a reasonable price, the promo copies are going for 25-35 on Ebay at the moment.

I'm glad my first Craigslist guy flaked on me, bored and decided to Google him and he wanted me to drive "halfway" of 2 hours (an hour) when his local was really an hour away.

I heard framerate problems on PS3, as per usual..

PC version is the one to get, though. I think I'll go that route. Radial Menus make me feel pukey. Nice big command bar and mouse controls seem ideal for this game.

double posted cause CAG had an error - PC demo of L4D2 has me super pumped for that game.

I think unless you get the PC version you're choosing between crappy colors and textures on the 360 or a choppy frame rate on the PS3.

I can't say I'm particularly interested in Dragon Age TBH.

Dragon Age has recently become my one big game to get this season. I still don't have Live, so I need a game with some meat to it. I'll probably wait for a price drop anyway, as I'm living on student grants right now!

I'll take the 360 version's superior framerate over better graphics anyday. Choppy gameplay drives me nuts.

Meaning people I try to talk to online can barely make out what I'm saying because it stops transmitting my voice sporadically. It happens in every game I play online on the PS3 - CoD4, Warhawk, Battlefield 1943, Borderlands. I can hear other people fine but they can't hear me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It might be a NAT issue, as I know I had to work on mine when I first got my 360 since I had voice chat issues right away on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to Makalakadingdong the other day and he was telling me about his network setup and how the PS3 is just kind of "on there" while the 360 may have DMZ. I'd guess without the proper ports forwarded and open that his NAT is suffering.

I had some problems with lag/dropouts in Borderlands on Live late last night/early morning, as did my buddies.

My PC Dragon Age is on the way, as is Star Wars Ultimate Sith. And then MW2 next week! >_

I was asking if it was with Borderlands because that game does have VoIP issues that Gearbox is working on.
It was stuttery for me and my friend too the first couple days we played before we switched to Skype.

Sweet, should have MW2 tomorrow or Friday.
That'll give me a chance to beat SP (i hear it's really short) then start learning the MP maps before they reset the rankings launch day.

I have Veteran's Day off and the other four days are vacation for me.
I didn't really mean to plan this as a MW2 week but it's working out that way.

I'll finish NMH one day... I got up to the one legged girl and just gave up. I just couldn't get past her and gave up.

Amazon finally sent me the code to d/l the GoWIII demo. Not sure when I'll actually get around to it since I'm busy with Dragon Age right now.

[quote name='dallow']Sweet, should have MW2 tomorrow or Friday.
That'll give me a chance to beat SP (i hear it's really short) then start learning the MP maps before they reset the rankings launch day.

I have Veteran's Day off and the other four days are vacation for me.
I didn't really mean to plan this as a MW2 week but it's working out that way.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting a copy 5 days early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back