General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']Sweet, should have MW2 tomorrow or Friday.
That'll give me a chance to beat SP (i hear it's really short) then start learning the MP maps before they reset the rankings launch day.

I have Veteran's Day off and the other four days are vacation for me.
I didn't really mean to plan this as a MW2 week but it's working out that way.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting it early and where did you hear about a rank reset?

There are a few sellers on ebay that still have it on hand for 360.
One seller had 14 copies for PS3 in hand and I bought one for myself. Almost 2 until my friend backed out.

$58 shipped and 2 day shipping. Not bad.
I'll sell it for cash Monday or Tuesday once my steelbook copy comes in.

I thought IW mentioned resetting stats for Tuesday, let me find where I saw it.

[quote name='dallow']Sweet, should have MW2 tomorrow or Friday.
[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='dallow']There are a few sellers on ebay that still have it on hand for 360.
One seller had 14 copies for PS3 in hand and I bought one for myself. Almost 2 until my friend backed out.

$58 shipped and 2 day shipping. Not bad.
I'll sell it for cash Monday or Tuesday once my steelbook copy comes in.

I thought IW mentioned resetting stats for Tuesday, let me find where I saw it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know dallowman. I hope it works out for ya but that sounds awfully suspicious.

[quote name='dallow']What's fishy?[/QUOTE]

Of or pertaining to the characteristics of a fish.
rimshot.gif

But seriously, it's the most popular game of the year and will possibly be the best selling game of all time. Needless to say, security for it should be locked down tight. So it makes one wonder how a person would have so many copies so early.

Great if it works out for you Dallow. Just be careful there isn't any:

must have modded 360 to play

text anywhere.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://twitpic.com/o9ql5

I wonder how many people will waste money the Modern Warfare 2 avatar clothing they're putting up on Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

Oh god. I'm sure it is $5 as well. It is a douche trap.

I will buy Enzio's outfit though... dammit.

It's for PS3. :cool:[quote name='Maklershed']Of or pertaining to the characteristics of a fish.
rimshot.gif

But seriously, it's the most popular game of the year and will possibly be the best selling game of all time. Needless to say, security for it should be locked down tight. So it makes one wonder how a person would have so many copies so early.[/QUOTE]
Ah, street date means nothing to smaller shops (or J&R in NYC). It's only a few days early, nothing huge.
Enough for me to get SP out of the way.

I wouldn't have bought it from him but he had:
1)Tons of great feedback
2)Feedback about lightning shipping (otherwise there was no point)
3)Feedback about slightly early games

Gah, I want to get it on PS3 because I don't want to pay for live ($50... F that). But, I cannot get myself to play a COD on the PS3 - doesn't feel right. And besides I love the 360 controller for COD.

Xbox Live costs $50 a year.

That sucks that I got a 12 month card for $30 like every other person. I still haven't used it yet. Rocking that silver 'til MW2.

Where the hell is Hitman 5? I remember they announced it was in development awhile back but nothing. :(

Very under rated series.

Also, anyone know any other under rated lesser known titles last generation available on PS2? Exclusive or not, I don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']I heard framerate problems on PS3, as per usual..[/QUOTE]
But better graphics on PS3, not per usual. It's a shame PC gaming sucks, or I'd just get it for that.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Gah, I want to get it on PS3 because I don't want to pay for live ($50... F that).[/QUOTE]
Only suckers pay a full $50 for Live.

Damn, at amazon I bought Kingdom Hearts for a $10 credit, which I bought Beatles:RB with for another $10 credit, which I used to buy GTA:Episodes for a $5 credit, and when that arrives I'll probably use it to order CoD:MW2 for a $20 credit :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have gotten MW2 on Amazon for the $20 credit, but oh well. I'm honestly willing to get it at Midnight on Day 1 instead of waiting a week and a half to get it from Amazon.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Rock Band Unplugged seems really great for the twenty dollars I paid for it.[/QUOTE]I paid $40 for it and felt it was worth it. Don't play the full version much right now (mostly play the Lite one for my Go). It was definitely one of my most played PSP games this year.

Today was just playing a little Tekken 6 and some PSP stuff. I downloaded Left 4 Dead 2 demo, but won't play it until tomorrow or Friday.

Only reason I said it costs $50 for live, is because every time I do - someone says, "you are an idiot if you pay $50". Now that I got you, pleaseee let me know where I can get it for $30! Thanks.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Only reason I said it costs $50 for live, is because every time I do - someone says, "you are an idiot if you pay $50". Now that I got you, pleaseee let me know where I can get it for $30! Thanks.[/QUOTE]
$32 at Micro Center right now (4X 3 month cards for $7.99 each). B&M only.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Where do you see that? And do they ship you the codes or send it electronically?[/QUOTE]

B&M only means in-store only. These are NON-POSA cards, they must be shipped because the codes are active.

They also have the official Sony HDMI and Mini-USB combo pack for $14.99. It's a really nice HDMI cable, the USB with the netting and extra thick cable is a little over-kill (it's thicker than standard COAX).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Only reason I said it costs $50 for live, is because every time I do - someone says, "you are an idiot if you pay $50". Now that I got you, pleaseee let me know where I can get it for $30! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's like anything - it's worth it if you use it. I think cable TV is a huge fucking waste, but then I would never watch it, and $50 a month sounds rediculous. Same with cell phone shit. I pay $30 a month because I don't spend a lot of time talking and using data plans and nonsense. But some people might like that.

Rock Band PSP is pretty awesome. It's too bad it's only available ala-carte on PSPno. Man, fuck that thing.

[quote name='jer7583']It's like anything - it's worth it if you use it.

It's too bad [RB] is only available ala-carte on PSPno. Man, fuck that thing.[/QUOTE]
Yep and yep again.

I think we are a few weeks (maybe a month) from another wave of the $29 deals which seem to be quarterly (with maybe a missed quarter here and there).

If a person has used live and has found it superior/worth the price then buying a $29 12+1 month card affords you over a year to pick another one up at the sale price- which is more than ample opportunity and why many people consider anyone who quotes the full MSRP as a negative to be trolling, flame-baiting or something else. Granted, a Johnny-live-lately wanting to jump on a year subscription may have to bide his time for a few months or risk an eBay/eCrater/yahoo seller.

I'm good through December 2010 through various schemes, deals, and etcetera.

My last one was bought at Circuit City closing for half off. And I randomly found a GTA4 1 month card that had expired, but worked to tag on another month..

So, yeah, all of my pending points disappeared from Best Buy's reward zone site. One of the things pending was a 10 dollar Gamers Club certificate, didn't see that noted in the October 31st rules update :/

[quote name='diddy310']So, yeah, all of my pending points disappeared from Best Buy's reward zone site. One of the things pending was a 10 dollar Gamers Club certificate, didn't see that noted in the October 31st rules update :/[/QUOTE]
Are you silver or better?

[quote name='diddy310']So, yeah, all of my pending points disappeared from Best Buy's reward zone site. One of the things pending was a 10 dollar Gamers Club certificate, didn't see that noted in the October 31st rules update :/[/QUOTE]

?

Are you talking about certs ready to print, or the points in your account? If they disappeared, that usually implies you're getting a certificate in a couple days.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Today was just playing a little Tekken 6 and some PSP stuff. I downloaded Left 4 Dead 2 demo, but won't play it until tomorrow or Friday.[/QUOTE]

You should add me on PS3 so we can fight.

[quote name='KingBroly']I should have gotten MW2 on Amazon for the $20 credit, but oh well. I'm honestly willing to get it at Midnight on Day 1 instead of waiting a week and a half to get it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, Amazon promises to have mine to me within 18 hours or so of when you will have it. :lol:

There was a pending 10 dollar Gamers Club certificate listed where my pending/added points usually are under the purchases.

Hopefully thats it, I emailed them already. I knew that they were going to discard any points that weren't a multiple of 250, but it wasn't that as I had 467 and still do, just had like 200 dollars worth of pending points and the certificate.

Hrmm, I see all mine but all my points 90 days or newer are MIA (including what should be pending: my b2g1 PM and my second b2g1 non-PMs).

I hope the site is just FUBAR.

Same thing just happened to me. All of my points and purchases are gone. I emailed Best Buy and now the site is undergoing maintenance. I had a $10 and $5 g.c. pending as well and they both disappeared. Great...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Only reason I said it costs $50 for live, is because every time I do - someone says, "you are an idiot if you pay $50". Now that I got you, pleaseee let me know where I can get it for $30! Thanks.[/QUOTE]So true. There was a period of time earlier this year when it was on sale a lot, but now is pretty much always $50 no matter what retailer I go to. I only saw it cheaper on Amazon recently for a short time, that's it.

Xbox live has been $39.99 on Amazon and Newegg for the past two years or so. There has been an occasion when it dips to $29.99 but not often. The point is if you pay $50 for it, you're an idiot.

[quote name='Maklershed']Xbox live has been $39.99 on Amazon and Newegg for the past two years or so. There has been an occasion when it dips to $29.99 but not often. The point is if you pay $50 for it, you're an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Morning Mak :wave:

There are 2 new Rifftrax DVD's out if you're interested, Voodoo Man and King of the Dinosaurs (I think). I picked them up from the Rifftrax site yesterday, but I guess they'll appear on Amazon soon to.

Been playing through Soldier of Fortune Payback this week. Fancied a mindless shooter and it'll be one less in the backlog. I've quite enjoyed playing it actually.

It wasn't fish!

wspvs8.jpg

They really screwed over PC gamers on this game though, it's a lot worse than just the (major) lack of dedicated servers.
I almost feel bad for buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back