General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']Xbox live has been $39.99 on Amazon and Newegg for the past two years or so. There has been an occasion when it dips to $29.99 but not often. The point is if you pay $50 for it, you're an idiot.[/QUOTE]It was $49.99 on Amazon a few weeks ago. I know that for a fact because I was wanting to buy one. :whistle2:( Had to wait for another sale.

[quote name='dallow']It wasn't fish!

wspvs8.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. Even if you start practicing now though, I'm still gonna kick your ass when I get it. You too Frosty. :twoguns:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It was $49.99 on Amazon a few weeks ago. I know that for a fact because I was wanting to buy one. :whistle2:( Had to wait for another sale.[/QUOTE]

Well it must've only been for a few hours. I keep it in my Amazon cart permanently to get alerts on when the price changes so I know when it does hit $29.99. And I check my cart at least 3 times a day and I never saw it go to $49.99.

I got a year of Live about three weeks ago off Amazon for $29.99. Best purchase I've made off there so far besides that super cheap Bolt on Wii a while back.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got a year of Live about three weeks ago off Amazon for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that price change either. :(

I wonder if the CAG Price alert system works for accessories/Live? Hmmmmm :whistle2:k

I'm not one to complain about the price of DLC... but $15 for the Stone Prisoner DLC for Dragon Age is a complete rip off. It couldn't have taken me more then 15 minutes to complete it. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to actually pay for it.

[quote name='Maklershed']I keep it in my Amazon cart permanently to get alerts on when the price changes so I know when it does hit $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Do they actually email you alerts? How do I set this up?

If you put something in your cart on Amazon and the price changes it will let you know the next time you go to your cart. It's a great way to get a ton of stuff cheap.

[quote name='Maklershed']I didn't see that price change either. :(

I wonder if the CAG Price alert system works for accessories/Live? Hmmmmm :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It wasn't from one of the merchants on the site, though.

I'm normally a little wary of buying from the merchants but it was a good deal and it came in three days, so I was happy.

I didn't know we had a Price Alert System, that's awesome!

[quote name='Maklershed']If you put something in your cart on Amazon and the price changes it will let you know the next time you go to your cart. It's a great way to get a ton of stuff cheap.[/QUOTE]
I fail at reading - I thought we were talking about amazon wishlists.

Best Buy emailed me back and said that my points are still pending from A Boy and His Blob and the B2G1 as well as my certificate, and they will post to my account after the 35 days even though I can't see them as pending on the site.

Rec'd Star Wars TFU Ultimate Sith and it's a nice package. Slick steelbook with extra artbook inside. Went with the PS3 version this time around.

Glad I never finished the original (and also glad I picked it up for

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm not one to complain about the price of DLC... but $15 for the Stone Prisoner DLC for Dragon Age is a complete rip off. It couldn't have taken me more then 15 minutes to complete it. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to actually pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Are there extra Achievements/Trophies to go with it? Because if there are, then yes, some people will be dumb enough to buy it. Not me, though. I have ZERO interest in Dragon Age: Origins.

I was burned last year by Prince of Persia dropping to $40 2 weeks after its' release. I'm guessing Assassin's Creed II will have the same effect since it dropped relatively quickly 2 years ago as well. When it drops in price (I got the original for $20 on PS3; technical mess that one) I will get it on PS3. I don't care about the PSP version, either.

I think 8 million copies of the first one sold will keep the price up a bit longer.

Also...did I see a guy in space in the Modern Warfare 2 commercial?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I paused it & had a "WTF moment." Also, can you please slap some spoiler tags on that.

[quote name='jer7583']*buying dragon age on PC this weekend*

Also, Torchlight[/QUOTE]

Torchlight is fantastic. It is esentially what Diablo 3 should be, but done by an indie team.

[quote name='Maklershed']Well it must've only been for a few hours. I keep it in my Amazon cart permanently to get alerts on when the price changes so I know when it does hit $29.99. And I check my cart at least 3 times a day and I never saw it go to $49.99.[/QUOTE]

You check you cart three times a day? and I thought I was bad...

[quote name='BlueScrote']Torchlight is fantastic. It is esentially what Diablo 3 should be, but done by an indie team..[/QUOTE]

Well, I decided to play that cheap copy of Titan Quest tonight instead. That's a great game. I think I might try to finish that first before spending $20 on another loot game.

Fallout 3 totally nails the "desolate and lonely" feel it's going for -- but it's just too sparse for me. Played ~6 hours and it's a pretty lonely experience even when facing enemies.

With Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, along with getting the Platinum for Uncharted 2, I'll likely be shelving Fallout 3 for quite a while.

Fallout 3 totally nails the "desolate and lonely" feel it's going for -- but it's just too sparse for me. Played ~6 hours and it's a pretty lonely experience even when facing enemies.

With Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2, along with getting the Platinum for Uncharted 2, I'll likely be shelving Fallout 3 for quite a while.

Sly Cooper 1-3 is the name, playing is the game.

I have been buying up a shit storm of last gen games at cheap prices. I can get at least 6 if not more brand new games for the price of a single new release.

I am still not decided on paying full price for Mass Effect 2, that new CE they announced might push me though. Will it be available everywhere? I remember when the first game came out I wanted the CE but the guy at Game Crazy did not even know they had one available, all they got was the normal edition of the game.

I also got that Brothers In Arms Novel and I am REALLY enjoying it. :) I just ordered BIA double time on the wii, hope the controls are good. Man, Hells Highway was too little to late but it was still a great game despite its flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']I think 8 million copies of the first one sold will keep the price up a bit longer.

[/QUOTE]
Way to spoil CoD:MW2 even though you were talking about ACII above which made me assume it was about a franchise I didn't care about spoilers for.

Do this next time:
CoD:MW2
numbnut

Playing Multiplayer in MW2 early is pointless because they're going to reset the servers on Release Day. When on Release has yet to be seen however.

I'm really conflicted about NGS2 right now. I don't know if I should try Mentor mode or not because I'm unsure of the difficulty bump. I only ever died against bosses on Warrior, but I lost a few Rebirth Talismen to random enemies. Also, getting Master Ninja on Chapter Challenges has been really easy so far. But I'm sure it gets tougher on higher difficulties. Still, it's much better than Ninja Gaiden 2 since I want to continue playing it. Whereas with NG2, I wanted to blow the disc up into a billion little pieces after beating it.

Not pointless. Still can brush up and get used to everything before the horde of players come. And have fun doing it of course, not everyone cares about their rank. I wouldn't mind playing onlnie early, I'm anxious to play it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Playing Multiplayer in MW2 early is pointless because they're going to reset the servers on Release Day. When on Release has yet to be seen however.
[/QUOTE]

Some people play for fun. :cry:

Borderlands question: Am I and my friend doing something wrong or is the driving in Borderlands incredibly retarded? We can't seem to steer the vehicles .. only accelerate them toward the center of where the camera is pointed.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Been playing only Dragon Age. Played some Band Hero tonight (signed it out at work), and had some fun with that.[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed that sometimes your active quests don't tell you where to go? And the odd part is I'll get arrows on my mini map for other quests that AREN'T active.

[quote name='Maklershed']Borderlands question: Am I and my friend doing something wrong or is the driving in Borderlands incredibly retarded? We can't seem to steer the vehicles .. only accelerate them toward the center of where the camera is pointed.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they control like shit.

Speaking of weird control choices in Borderlands, I hate that aim is L2 and shoot is R2. I'm always pressing L1 and R1 (and thus wasting my turret and grenades).

Change the controller settings to "Resistant" to fix that.
First thing I did.

And yeah, driving is horrible.
[quote name='Rolento']Some people play for fun. :cry:[/QUOTE]Yup.
Ton of maps!

[quote name='dallow']Change the controller settings to "Resistant" to fix that.
First thing I did.[/QUOTE]

Gah! Why didn't I think of that? I'll definitely have to do that next time I play. Wasn't KZ2's default controls retarded too?

Yes, but that one was because it had a cover and lean system in place.
Though changing the settings up were possible I believe.

Yes it was. I remember tweaking it to be like CoD4 controls.

So how's MW2 dallowman? And how does it look graphically compared to something like Uncharted 2? Also, does it have full co-op or just small co-op vignettes?

[quote name='Maklershed']Borderlands question: Am I and my friend doing something wrong or is the driving in Borderlands incredibly retarded? We can't seem to steer the vehicles .. only accelerate them toward the center of where the camera is pointed.[/QUOTE]

They tried to make the vehicles control like the warthogs in halo, but the control doesn't seem as polished as in halo.

[quote name='Maklershed']Yes it was. I remember tweaking it to be like CoD4 controls.

So how's MW2 dallowman? And how does it look graphically compared to something like Uncharted 2? Also, does it have full co-op or just small co-op vignettes?[/QUOTE](no spoilers, no worries) It's a 60fps game so with that comes a lot of sacrifice to overall visuals. It's a tiny bit better than MW1, but not much, enviroments are still ugly, animation isn't great, etc.
Lead character models like kinda nice though and has a few more 'effects' than last time.

The sound design is really bugging me too, only in SP though. Stuff either sounds muted, or overly loud. Ambient sound is bad. Like I can hear background conversation that some soldiers standing around are having from either standing next to them, or by standing on the other side of the level and the volume is the same.

And didn't they say they were gonna get rid of the stupid infinite spawn?
Campaign is the same, during action sequences it just pushes you through, otherwise, mystery bad guys just start appearing through doors out of nowhere or from behind the area you just passed. One part was especially frustrating because of this though I'm playing on veteran.
I'm just going for the ride like last time.

This are only complaints with singleplayer though.

[quote name='BlueScrote']They tried to make the vehicles control like the warthogs in halo, but the control doesn't seem as polished as in halo.[/QUOTE]

You consider the Warthog control 'polished'?

:rofl:

The warthogs
made the ends of 1 and 3 awful. I hated driving that fucking thing

[quote name='dallow']
And didn't they say they were gonna get rid of the stupid infinite spawn?
Campaign is the same, during action sequences it just pushes you through, otherwise, mystery bad guys just start appearing through doors out of nowhere or from behind the area you just passed. One part was especially frustrating because of this though I'm playing on veteran.
I'm just going for the ride like last time.

This are only complaints with singleplayer though.[/QUOTE]

I just finished the game. There's not one point with any infinite spawning enemies.

[quote name='dallow']
the fight through the shanty houses in rio
I'm not the only person who has noticed either.[/QUOTE]

You and your boys at NeoGAF are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back