General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not infinite, dallow. They run from the back and onto the ground then run through the houses but if you stick around for long enough you'll kill 'em all.

Yeah. The IW dev just said the same thing. Sure didn't feel like it as I ran through that crap.
I believe him though and i'll test it out Tuesday. Just sold my copy for $125 cash. I was going to say $65. :cool:

CL
I had 6 offers if $100 so far and tons in the $70-80 range.

Luckily the highest bid came from a proffesional at a nearby office after some google work.

Looking at it from the buyers point of view he's probably thinking $60 for the game and $65 to ass-rape the shit out of some random off Craigs List.

Wow, that's a hell of a resale there dallow. So you're not gonna play mp then? You just beat the single player and you're done? Or are you gonna buy it later with the extra money you just got?

Nah, I already had the Hardened Edition ordered from Amazon.
I bought one early to beat SP but after offers like that, I don't mind putting it off.
I was honestly going to sell it for $55 or so Monday or Tuesday, but I thought at the last second to have people name their price. I was surprised and glad I did. I only put the ad up this morning and have had like 35 emails (including one from a self-described "hardcore gamer chick".)

Tuesday will be all MP.

I've got MW2 pre-ordered at the toys r us - hoping for the $20 gift card deal, my gf should be able to stop and pick it up, got $80 in store credit there.

I finally played Batman: AA. OMG that game is so good. Very glad I bought it.

I also bought a $50 and $20 PSN Card this week. Bought Super Stardust Portable for $5, Numblast for $5 on PSP and PS3, and today I picked up Critter Crunch finally. I plan to get Trine in the near future. Numblast is pretty cool, but not a lot too it. I also plan to buy Crystal Defenders on my PSP since I like the game a lot (already have it on PS3).

Wow. He actually gave me $125. No rape either.
He told me he has the Prestige Edition paid off as well but can't stand not playing knowing it's out there.
No object indeed.

---

Good on you ManaKnight. Batman is goooooooood.

To make things more interesting I'll add....

Somewhat surprising
I may buy CoD: Modern Warfare 2 despite how much I dislike Activision. Co-workers buying it may push me over the edge to buy it. It will be the PS3 version, since that's what they are getting and I have more friends on PS3 getting it.

Very surprising
I just played the Left 4 Dead 2 demo. Despite my huge hatred for Valve and me saying I would not buy an FPS again, there's a pretty good chance I'll buy and play with my XBL friends.

L4D2 is a PC-only game.

Truf.

I'm pissed that I can't salvage my badass signature pic.. It's saved on an old Photobucket account that I'm almost certain is BROKEN in some way because one day all the pictures were randomly gone, but I couldn't add any more and it forced me to change my username.. I don't think there's any way to get that back :(

OMG those are shocking events! Mark down the day, TMK might buy video games!

I love how you are such a big fanboy that you hate a company for not wanting to make games on your system.

haha "hatred for valve"

spoken like a TRUE sony fanboy. It takes a real nutjob to hate valve..

THEY ARE GODS

While playing Dragon Age I came across a Superman reference in Dragon Age. That was probably the last thing I expected to see.

gunm: It only matters if she is the main character.

I don't care if Hitler was brought back to life to create Team Fortress 2, I would still kiss his ass for making that game.

[quote name='jer7583']haha "hatred for valve"

spoken like a TRUE sony fanboy. It takes a real nutjob to hate valve..

THEY ARE GODS[/QUOTE]

They WERE gods.....L4D is boring to me. Gimmie something from the HL universe, another CS, or just something good.

[quote name='gunm']omg. Rio is going to be in Yakuza 4!!!11!![/QUOTE]
She's no Yuma.

[quote name='refusedchaos']They WERE gods.....L4D is boring to me. Gimmie something from the HL universe, another CS, or just something good.[/QUOTE]
This.

Valve is a bunch of no talent hacks as far as im concerned. At least we know all the profits from steam and their 360 games keep Hostess Cakes alive and running. Thats one good thing he does. GO TWINKIES!

Internet Console Thugs!

2qav47b.jpg

Started Sly Cooper today after finishing Odin Sphere and Hitman Contracts. I was going to start it last night but I was too sleepy.

Tomorrow if I have time, I will PROBABLY start Bad Company and Frontlines.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Valve is a bunch of no talent hacks as far as im concerned. At least we know all the profits from steam and their 360 games keep Hostess Cakes alive and running. Thats one good thing he does. GO TWINKIES![/QUOTE]

jabbanewell.jpg

so for anyone who got episodes from liberty city are the new stations worth it?
they cut all the original gta iv stations on disc which were
The Classics
Fusion FM
IF99 – International Funk
JNR – Jazz Nation Radio
The Journey
Tuff Gong Radio
The Vibe 98.8

to make up for it they added 3 new stations only on disc
vice city fm
ramjam
self actualization

edit:nvm just dled it :lol:
couldnt wait after just beating tlad earlier
also damn spending 1600 points!...*will use reward zone gc on 1600 pts card*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']OMG those are shocking events! Mark down the day, TMK might buy video games!

I love how you are such a big fanboy that you hate a company for not wanting to make games on your system.[/QUOTE]I still highly dislike Gabe Newell for all the things he says, kind of like how I dislike Bobby Kotick of Activision and Cliffy from Epic. They seriously make me never want to purchase their games. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy because I like Itagaki's and Mikami's stuff despite what they say about Sony and don't hate on them.

But then you also have to understand that I just really hate on PC gaming a lot.:p Most devs I can't stand are heavy PC devs.

Anyway, played some Critter Crunch this morning. The game is a ton of fun. Everyone who has a PS3 needs to buy it. :p

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Most devs I can't stand aren't Japanese.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

And now, I'm already hooked on DQV. Bring on VI and IX!

So I got to the end of SEBEC HQ in Persona 1 and I think that's officially the end of the game for me. That's all I need. I'm done. Selling it today. fucking boring ass game.

I'll try again with Persona 3 portable but P1 is just.. pointless. Characters are not interesting, writing is still not good and the story still doesn't make any sense.

I think the worst part of those games is that every character has some nonsense name like mikamariarmeiearniemei or naroliealrnemi or kkahieki or some bullshit. I can't keep them straight. It's like anime stereotype 1 says to anime stereotype 2, etc. Why don't they just give them american names? Those names don't mean anything to me.

[quote name='jer7583']

I think the worst part of those games is that every character has some nonsense name like mikamariarmeiearniemei or naroliealrnemi or kkahieki or some bullshit. I can't keep them straight. It's like anime stereotype 1 says to anime stereotype 2, etc. Why don't they just give them american names? Those names don't mean anything to me.[/QUOTE]
Really?

I kinda agree that it takes some getting used to with japanese names, but it certainly isn't all that difficult. I can't comment on P1, but Persona 3 is easily one of the most original and interesting JRPG i've played in a long time (and P4 is sitting in my backlog at the moment as well).

Then again it also scratches that pokemon itch...:whistle2:k

[quote name='seanr1221']Retard? To some people, moneys no object.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a big dumb retard.
-----------

Got in on that $100 Arcade deal. :cool:

[quote name='pete5883']lol @ manthing can't steer a Warthog.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, lol @ me because I never played any Halo SP until 2007.

[quote name='benjamouth']Say what you like about Gabe Newell, but HL2 is legit one of the best games ever made.[/QUOTE]

This. But Gabe can choke on a fish stick for giving us LFDexpansionpack before Ep.3

:whistle2:(

I wouldn't talk shit about L4D2 until you play the demo. Hitting a zombie with a guitar is really really fun. They improved a lot of shit and it feels very fresh.

[quote name='benjamouth']Say what you like about Gabe Newell, but HL2 is legit one of the best games ever made.[/QUOTE]

opinion.

now maybe it just hasn't aged as well and would have been mind blowing when it first was released, but playing it in early 2009 for the first time, I found it to be average. solid but nothing that changed gaming for me.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wouldn't talk shit about L4D2 until you play the demo. Hitting a zombie with a guitar is really really fun. They improved a lot of shit and it feels very fresh.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it does. But that still doesn't change the fact that the LFD2 demo feels like it could have been treated as DLC, outside of the new zombie damage.

This generation of gaming is the worst.

I can't believe I have to spend to spend 40+ to get a controller that handles Street Fighter/it's clones as well as the SNES/Genesis did out the box.

BOO analog sticks.

[quote name='refusedchaos']They WERE gods.....L4D is boring to me. Gimmie something from the HL universe, another CS, or just something good.[/QUOTE]

THIS NEW THING IS BORING GIVE ME MORE OF THE SAME RABBLE.

I would love L4D2 but I can't justify buying it when I'll be at school unable to play online and away from anyone who would have played it with my splitscreen for a semester.

[quote name='manthing']

I can't believe I have to spend to spend 40+ to get a controller that handles Street Fighter/it's clones as well as the SNES/Genesis did out the box.

BOO analog sticks.[/QUOTE]

i can't even imagine this is a thing anyone would ever say ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back