George Foreman Grill

mikeyme

CAGiversary!
So i got a $50 gc from Amazon from purchasing a PS3 and i figure to use it on the grill since i hardly have time to cook, being im a college student. I searched amazon and i was blown away of all the different ver. they have... so i need help on which would be best for my needs. I live with my brother but i would like to cook a few at once and leave leftovers for later on in the week. Could anyone recommend which one i should get? thank you!

those things are awesome for bacon, burgers, steak, and chicken, most meals only take 20 minutes, good extra investment is a rice cooker with the steamer on top, there are so many meals you can make with just those 2

Yeah I have been hearing a lot of good things about it but I'm a bit clueless on the size. Would a 60 sq in one be too large? I plan to cook more with chicken and steak probably

Yep, definitely want something with removable plates. Their a pain to clean in general, even moreso if you have non-removable plates.

With the removable plates you can soak them in the sink to cut down on scrubbing.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep, definitely want something with removable plates. Their a pain to clean in general, even moreso if you have non-removable plates.

With the removable plates you can soak them in the sink to cut down on scrubbing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a non removable plate one... it's covered in dust and what looks like mold, it's gross.

Get one that has different plates, like a flat one for pancakes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah I have a non removable plate one... it's covered in dust and what looks like mold, it's gross.

Get one that has different plates, like a flat one for pancakes.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't emphasize this enough. I have a Foreman with non removable plates and you will never get it clean. The grease from you meat gets in it and there is just no good way to get it out. It is super nasty.

You want the removable plates, you will throw away non-removable ones after a while because you can't get them clean.

Also, you want the largest one you can get. 72 inches isn't real big if you're cooking for more than just you, I wouldn't go smaller than that.

[quote name='dafoomie']You want the removable plates, you will throw away non-removable ones after a while because you can't get them clean.

Also, you want the largest one you can get. 72 inches isn't real big if you're cooking for more than just you, I wouldn't go smaller than that.[/QUOTE]

Yup, at least make sure you get one with removable plates. I have one that has non-removable plates and I have to clean it as soon as I finish eating to make sure it stays clean.

bread's done
Back