Get $10 for Every $50 Spent in the PSN store

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
It's baaackk

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/24/sale-get-10-for-every-50-spent-new-day-1-digital-pre-orders/

Get ready for October, because it’s packed full of great games coming to PS3. In addition to all the titles on the way, we’ve got some new deals for you to take advantage of during the next month.

Starting today through October 29th, for every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet, you’ll receive a $10 credit back (up to $100). Pick up some new games, movies, TV shows or anything else that accepts SEN Wallet funds to become eligible. If you spend $100, you’ll receive $20; spend $150, you’ll receive $30 and so on. You’ll receive your earned credit by November 8th via email and XMB Message on your PS3.

With these savings, there’s no better time to become a PlayStation Plus member. Pick up a 1-year membership for $49.99, get $10 back and take advantage of all the great features you get with PS Plus, including Instant Game Collection access and exclusive discounts.

Throughout October and November, we have a ton of new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way, and they are all available to pre-order starting today. In addition to the $10 credit for every $50 spent, pre-ordering these Day 1 Digital titles will get you an exclusive theme, with some games featuring additional pre-order bonuses. 

Can anybody suggest some good PSN-only must-haves? I primarily use the 360, so I'm only interested in exclusives. I especially love strange and experimental games. I already have Everyday Shooter, Flow, Flower, Ico, Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, and SoundShapes.

I'll probably only renew ps+ for the $10 credit...but with ps+ and its discounts, I already have so many to play! I'd be all in if they supported the Vita, but typical Sony support for handhelds.

Ill probably just spend 50 on PSN titles, since I dont like to buy retail games at MSRP and not be able to sell them

HOWEVER, this is a great deal for people to buy PS3 version of a game that has the 10 dollar upgrade to PS4 digital version

Nice, I'll probably pick up some DLC, Guacamelee and Journey, finally.  Have to see if there's any other PSN games that I want.

Go to your post, and click on "Hide" (it's next to "Edit"). Does the same thing.
ahh, so that's the issue - the mobile version doesn't allow that option, along with a number of options including the ability to change your profile. The mobile version of this site is slick and easy to use, but lacking function.

I assume you won't get $10 back for activating a 12 month PS+ card.
from the linked post: "With these savings, there’s no better time to become a PlayStation Plus member. Pick up a 1-year membership for $49.99, get $10 back and take advantage of all the great features you get with PS Plus, including Instant Game Collection access and exclusive discounts."

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awsome. I use Meijer's random 15% off general merchandise on PSN cards so that coupled with the $10 for each $50 will help with the new pre orders, BF4 Premium ($59 and $49), Lego Marvel (49), Batman ($59) and WWE($59). That's 279.95 so $50 back and the 15% off PSN card purchases so it is effectively about $187 for total cost; depending on how you look at it. My evenings will be filled up once the family goes to bed each night. Glad I waited for the sale.

I assume you won't get $10 back for activating a 12 month PS+ card.
No, you won't. If you bought a membership online paid for by $50 from your PSN Wallet, then yes you would get $10 back. If you buy a PS+ card from a retailer and just enter the code then you are not spending money from your wallet.

Might have to start picking up PSN cards again.

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Black Rock Shooter, and Final Fantasy III here I come.

My PS+ ran out a few weeks ago, so probably going to renew it for a year near the end of this sale, then I'll also have extra money for the BL2 DLC coming out in October.

Hmm..so this will allow you to buy the PS3 version of the PS4 launch games and upgrade for free.  Buy COD or BF4 for PS3, get $10 back and use it on the digital upgrade.  Pretty nice.  Getting $10 back on PS Plus is a bonus.

No, you won't. If you bought a membership online paid for by $50 from your PSN Wallet, then yes you would get $10 back. If you buy a PS+ card from a retailer and just enter the code then you are not spending money from your wallet.
This. Its gotta be done through the PSN store.

I love the pre-order idea everyone is throwing around; my only worry is that most of those games will probably get a 20-40% Drop on black friday 

Can't say for sure but Assassins creed always goes on sale and same with sports games. One thing I will say this is a great deal for people who need a bit of incentive for some fun vita games

Rayman

Dragons Crown

Killzone

Get a movie or something after and your all set 10 bucks back in your wallet! 

Just a thought from a complete NOOB!  

ya looks like meijer has another 20% off general merchandise on the 27th for mperks.. lets hope it works on psn cards and amazon cards again :D

ya looks like meijer has another 20% off general merchandise on the 27th for mperks.. lets hope it works on psn cards and amazon cards again :D
Where did you hear that? Not that I'm doubting you as they do it frequently, but I'm curious as I need Amazon cards for my PS4 order as well.

Never mind, I logged into mPerks and found it. When they do this particular sale, isn't the mPerks and PSN cards electronics and only 10%, as opposed to using the Meijer card on the other sales?

yeah, but EU ps+ users have had that free for months. I suggest waiting for it to come stateside, or go on sale for dirt cheap. Only a matter of time.
Well it's digitally only, so that makes the odds far lower and this could be months upon months upon months if it ever happens. Some games, like Warriors Orochi 3 I don't recall ever going on sale... so this might be the best deal.

As far as EU plus goes... that has no impact on the US and maybe makes it go from 1% chance to 2% chance and even then I am being nice. The thing is, we've gotten things EU didn't and vice versa. Some of these things date back to the START of the current IGC offering and that was June of last year. So this is like 16 months later some games haven't appeared. Likewise, other regions have their own rules and those have zero impact on the US / EU too. Some examples...

Asia gets PS2 games, no one else really gets offered them (I think EU got one once).

Japan got 100+ PS1 games a few months back, those were abolished with the IGC in the US / EU.

United States gets PSP titles, Europe does not, though Asia / Japan sometimes do (due to the popularity of the platform there).

etc.

Well it's digitally only, so that makes the odds far lower and this could be months upon months upon months if it ever happens. Some games, like Warriors Orochi 3 I don't recall ever going on sale... so this might be the best deal.

As far as EU plus goes... that has no impact on the US and maybe makes it go from 1% chance to 2% chance and even then I am being nice. The thing is, we've gotten things EU didn't and vice versa. Some of these things date back to the START of the current IGC offering and that was June of last year. So this is like 16 months later some games haven't appeared. Likewise, other regions have their own rules and those have zero impact on the US / EU too. Some examples...

Asia gets PS2 games, no one else really gets offered them (I think EU got one once).
Japan got 100+ PS1 games a few months back, those were abolished with the IGC in the US / EU.
United States gets PSP titles, Europe does not, though Asia / Japan sometimes do (due to the popularity of the platform there).
etc.
I can't remember specifically, but I do remember a time or three where a European deal went stateside. I also wouldn't equate a US-Europe comparison to a US-Japan market. EA and US are western markets so we indeed share much, much more in common.

I also must point out that there is still a strong possibility of it becoming a sale price for PS plus users.

Where did you hear that? Not that I'm doubting you as they do it frequently, but I'm curious as I need Amazon cards for my PS4 order as well.

Never mind, I logged into mPerks and found it. When they do this particular sale, isn't the mPerks and PSN cards electronics and only 10%, as opposed to using the Meijer card on the other sales?
You are correct. PSN and Kindle cards are considered electronics, so you will be getting them for $45 plus the $10 credit back on PSN.

I can't remember specifically, but I do remember a time or three where a European deal went stateside. I also wouldn't equate a US-Europe comparison to a US-Japan market. EA and US are western markets so we indeed share much, much more in common.

I also must point out that there is still a strong possibility of it becoming a sale price for PS plus users.
I noted it MIGHT make something more likely to happen, but it doesn't mean it will happen or that you can bank on that happening.

Assassins Creed III, Little King Story, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Dead or Alive 5, Motorstorm Apoc, J&D Trilogy, Lumines, Sine Mora, Catherine, SOTC, Big Sky Infinity, Need for Speed, Lego Lord of the Rings, When Vikings Attack, Urban Trial, Stealth Inc, Thomas was Alone, Mafia 2, Red Dead, BulletStorm, Hell Yeah!, Crysis 2, Arkham City, Mortal Kombat, Kingdoms of Amalur, Velocity Ultra, Unit 13, Mass Effect 3 and of course... Okami HD.

^ These are just some of the games I can recall never coming over and not including things I am too lazy to verify, like Strangers Wrath. So there isn't exactly a relationship between the two. Just that sometimes they overlap and some of these games (like Apoc) haven't came over in the span of 16 months.

My US vs Asia / Japan remarks use the logic that every market is treated differently, which is something Sony has said countless times. Sometimes we share a game (Zero Escape) and other times they get something completely unique. There isn't any sort of logic that says that A must equal B, just that it happening once makes us assume it's a more likely event than another game on the PSN. Even if this has been proven to not exactly be true. Same goes for your sale remark. There is a chance for it becoming a sale item, just like there is a chance of anything else on the PSN being a sale item. Not like there is any evidence that points to it being more likely to be on sale than anything else.

TLDR... Let Ionotropic buy Okami HD when they feel the price is right, not some imaginary future that might not ever happen or could happen years from now.

Unless it's going to run out in the next month, best to wait till near the end of the promotion to purchase PS+, I believe it was last year that they also did a promotion that gave you bonus months when you renewed PS+, so you were able to stack $10 cash back with an extra 3 months of plus when you bought 12 months.

You are correct. PSN and Kindle cards are considered electronics, so you will be getting them for $45 plus the $10 credit back on PSN.
From what I see the 20% off this weekend excludes electronics AND gift cards.

Or is there an unknown rule that it reduces to 10% off? (Meijer mPerks noob here).

Just a friendly reminder that the system is cumulative.

Meaning you don't have to spend $50 in one transaction

You can nickle and dime weekly specials from now till October 29th and everything will be summed up and counted for that promo.

Just have a handy notepad keeping track of your spending so you know what you will be getting back

I took advantage of this deal last time it was around. I'll definitely be taking advantage of it now. Perfect opportunity to buy the CoD: Ghosts season pass and a cheap game to make it a solid $50.

Looks like somebody is trying to counteract Nintendo's Deluxe program...
No one is trying to copy Nintendo anything. Nintendo is so far behind in their online network that it's probably at best what it was when Xbox Live came out in 2002. If anything, Nintendo needs to hurry up and copy the other guys.

Wow, glad I waited. I almost picked up GTAV yesterday with some of the bonus credit I got from last time this deal was active. Thanks OP.

But remember how points cards are stupid so everything should be in money because durr points are hard to understand? - all of gaming media about MS points

Yeah I wish there were sales but its just going to be on the PS Plus cards since they don't translate to a $ amount once redeemed and have to be used on that specifically.

Has Sony said anything about digital purchases on PS4? I'm getting a PS4 for man cave, if I buy another PS4 down the road, will I have digital copies available to play at the same time? 360 does this now, anyone in 1st system and me in 2nd.

They did this deal in March, and I bought $50 dollars worth of content, and they didn't give me my $10 dollars back.  I only have a vita, no PS3, and bought a year of PS+, along with a game, spending about $55.  When I contacted customer service in April, they said it was too late to ask about it and they wouldn't help me.  I am getting a PS4 when it releases, but I don't trust this deal at all.

bread's done
Back