Get 2 New Music CDs and Make up to $11 doing it.

RyanFrost

CAGiversary!
Hey Cheap Ass Gamers!

I found a way to get 2 brand new CDs and MAKE about $11 doing it! Sound good? Alright, here we go:

Step 1: Login or sign up at www.ebates.com. This is totally free and you actually make $5 by signing up. If you're new to Ebates I'd appreciate it if you went through my link http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=31988698 to give me some credit. :) (my email for the referral: anime_ruri[at]msn.com) You lose nothing by going through my link. And thank you if you do.

Step 2: After you login click on the "All Stores" link at the Ebates website and go down to "yourmusic.com." Click through this link to go to the yourmusic.com website.

Step 3: In the top right corner of the yourmusic.com homepage enter promo code "gamecd". You should see this banner being displayed indicating the promo code went through. This promo code allows you to get 1 free CD after the initial sign up.

Step 4: Search their website for a CD you want and click on the "start now" link next to the CD. This will lead you to a page that asks you to set up your subscription (see notes about canceling below). This is the only CD you will be charged for. It's $5.99 + tax. Free shipping.

Step 5: After you sign up add another CD you want to your cart and when you go to checkout click on the "redeem free CDs" pull down menu and select one. You will get this CD for free.

Step 6: Wait for your music and money to come in. =D

Net gain:

$5 (sign-up bonus from ebates)
+ $12 (referral bonus from ebates)
- $6 (for buying one CD)
_____
$11 (depending on your states tax)

Some notes on yourmusic.com:

You can cancel the subscription online at ANYTIME. Right after you place your order for a free CD you can cancel if you wish. Though I'd wait at least a week to see when your CDs shipped etc.

I have ordered tons of CDs from www.yourmusic.com before I did this promo. I have never had a problem with this store. They are totally legit and the CDs are brand new factory quality.

ENJOY!

It's not spam, I've been a member for over a year and it's great. I get a cd every month in the mail for $5.99 a month with shipping. Last month I got The Chemical Brothers "Push the Button" and this month I'm getting Obie Trice's new record. Just so you know I don't know the OP, I'm just doing it because yourmusic.com is a great deal. Don't be so quick to assume everyone is trying to rip you off. The dude is trying to hook you up. (and get himself a free CD, nothing wrong with that is there?)

Hmm, I'll do it if this is confirmed as legit by a few other CAGers.

I usually just download/burn my music. But these two CDs would make excellent gifts.

[quote name='rogus']It's not spam, I've been a member for over a year and it's great. I get a cd every month in the mail for $5.99 a month with shipping. Last month I got The Chemical Brothers "Push the Button" and this month I'm getting Obie Trice's new record. Just so you know I don't know the OP, I'm just doing it because yourmusic.com is a great deal. Don't be so quick to assume everyone is trying to rip you off. The dude is trying to hook you up. (and get himself a free CD, nothing wrong with that is there?)[/quote]

Maybe if it wasn't presented to us in the form of a used car sales pitch, we wouldn't jump on the spam wagon.

[quote name='AdultLink']Yourmusic is bmgmusic in disguise.

You KNOW Bmgmusic is legit.

Now as to rather ebates is spam... That is the question.[/quote]

I do?

I've never heard of Bmg Music.

yourmusic is totally legit. There's another cag thread about it somewhere. As AdultLink said, it is BMG, but it's BMG without all the BS. I've been on it for over six months, and if they've got music you like, it's great. $6 per CD, no games.

Going up to $7 next year.

Dunno about ebates.

[quote name='blandstalker']yourmusic is totally legit. There's another cag thread about it somewhere. As AdultLink said, it is BMG, but it's BMG without all the BS. I've been on it for over six months, and if they've got music you like, it's great. $6 per CD, no games.

Going up to $7 next year.

Dunno about ebates.[/quote]

Thanks,

I'll probably give it a shot.

I've used yourmusic.com for a while too. And coincidentally, I also just ordered Chemical Brother - Push the Button this month as well!

I've been a CAG for a long while now and I can attest that yourmusic.com isn't a scam.

Thanks for the backup rogus and others. Actually, I'm not getting a free CD. The only thing I'm getting is if anyone here is not an ebates member already, I make a few bucks from ebates if you sign up through me and do this deal (or any other deal).

Also, as a side note if you are already a yourmusic.com customer: I used my brothers credit card (and set up a new yourmusic.com account) and it counted as a new member (we have the same address) and I got credited from ebates. So you could always ask a sibling if they would let you use their credit card.

ebates is legit. it's similar to the fatwallet cashback program. :)

op will get $5 from ebates if you use his referral link, and you in turn will also get $5 credited to your account for using his link.

edit: i just went through the process and got a free cd. thanks op!
i set an alarm on my cell phone to cancel the account in 1 week hehe.

[quote name='AdultLink']So some of you guys have honestly never heard of bmgmusic before?

12 cds for the price of 1 doesn't ring a bell?[/quote]

No, but like I said... I haven't bought CDs in a loooong time.

Thanks, Napster! ;)

Ebates don't give you a long time to buy something to get that $5.00 back...

1 friggin day...

Oh well, I did it, let you guys know how it goes...

Couldn't you in theory cancel your subscription after you order your free cd, and not get charged for the first cd since you don't "order" it, you place it in your waiting list; then still get the $17. So you could get a free cd and $17?

[quote name='AdultLink']So some of you guys have honestly never heard of bmgmusic before?

12 cds for the price of 1 doesn't ring a bell?[/quote]

There's some (confusing) history there.

Columbia House was the king of "Get 12 CDs for the price of 1". If you never did this, they sent you 12 or more CDs, and "all you pay is shipping and handling" which was actually a fair amount of money and eventually got them sued. Then you had to buy 1 or more CDs at regular (i.e. extortion) price during the next year.

In it's original form, they'd mail you a catalog and form and you'd have to return the form within a short period of time or they'd mail you the CD of the month. Later, they had an opt-in method of buying instead of opt-out.

BMG was the competition, having exactly the same kind of offers but a different catalog of music. They were not as well publicized or marketed as Columbia House, and it was easy to confuse the two.

It was possible to do well with these companies, but you really had to pay attention and jump on the right deals.

Then, a few years ago, BMG bought Columbia House.

They still do their weird "Buy 1 Get the Next 3 at 66% off" kind of offers, where you need a calculator to figure out how much the order really costs. Their website actually tells you now how much you're paying per-CD, but I haven't used it much at all. It's one of those things that sounds good, but you could spend a fair amount of time trying to put together an order and then see that it wasn't that great when all is said and done.

yourmusic is owned by BMG, but it strips all the silliness out of it. No $2.79 "shipping and processing" fees, no algebra required to figure out how much things cost. $6 per CD.

The only gotcha is they ask you to maintain a queue, and if your queue is empty at shipping time, they will charge you. They have enough stuff I'm interested in (Patty Griffin!) that it's not a problem for me.

[quote name='blandstalker']it's BMG without all the BS.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with that, especially in regards to YourMusic's lack of unwanted (i.e. Featured Selection) auto-shipments and its lack of any binding commitment. But if there are a lot of CDs you want and you're able to be patient, BMG might even work out to a better deal overall.

With BMG you get 7 free CDs up front, with a one full-price purchase requirement before you get the last 4 free CDs. I see most people jump on that full-price purchase immediately not realizing that you don't have to make that purchase right away. I think that they say somewhere in their terms and conditions that you must make that purchase within one year but I've even gone past that period without any consequence. If you wait long enough, they tend to get a bit antsy and after some months from initial signup you're all but guaranteed to find a Buy 1 Get 5 Free deal offer on your account. Jump on that, get your voucher for the last 4 free CDs, and you've now gotten 17 CDs for the price of one. That comes out to somewhere around the area of just under $4 per CD.

If you really want to squeeze'em and there are still more CDs you want, sign up another account through a referral from your first one. All you need really is a different name. You can even use the same address and the same credit card, they don't care at all. They just want another account on board that they can potentially screw over with those auto-shipments. But we CAGs are too smart for that, right? A referral nets your first account 5 free CDs, and you can use the second account to repeat the process I went over in the previous paragraph. In the end, that comes out to 39 CDs for the price of 2, which is somewhere around the area of $3.50 per CD.

Also, don't forget that once you've fulfilled your membership agreement, you can call BMG customer service and tell them to change your account status to "positive reply" which means that they'll never again auto-ship (and charge) you something just because you forgot to say no to a featured selection. Of course, you could just cancel your account, too, but I've personally found the points system to be enough of a reward for staying on as a member.

[quote name='yukine']No, but like I said... I haven't bought CDs in a loooong time.

Thanks, Napster! ;)[/quote]
Now it's different. You're getting paid to listen to music. :lol:

[quote name='AdultLink']Ebates don't give you a long time to buy something to get that $5.00 back...

1 friggin day...

Oh well, I did it, let you guys know how it goes...[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it's a year. Isn't it 2007 not 2006?

[quote name='mcgavin27']Couldn't you in theory cancel your subscription after you order your free cd, and not get charged for the first cd since you don't "order" it, you place it in your waiting list; then still get the $17. So you could get a free cd and $17?[/quote]
They start your subscription date on the day you place your order. I have canceled a new account before they shipped or charged me for anything. However, I doubt ebates will credit you before yourmusic.com charges you for the first CD.

Oh, and for the people who have used my link - thanks!

seems like a good deal. has anyone got this offer to go through? i think im just gonna try it anyways. 2 cds for about $6 is good just by itself :bouncy:

[quote name='RyanFrost']
They start your subscription date on the day you place your order. I have canceled a new account before they shipped or charged me for anything. However, I doubt ebates will credit you before yourmusic.com charges you for the first CD.
[/quote]
I did not get credit from ebates but I did get my one cd shipped from yourmusic and didn't get charged. So a cd for free, i'll take it. Thanks op!

[quote name='RyanFrost']Hey Cheap Ass Gamers!

I found a way to get 2 brand new CDs and MAKE about $11 doing it! Sound good? Alright, here we go:

Net gain: ($5 + $12) - $6 = $11 (depending on your states tax)[/QUOTE]
where does the $12 come from?

[quote name='ughpaul']where does the $12 come from?[/quote]
It comes from ebates.com. They get paid a certain amount for referring you and they give you $12 of what they make to you. Sorry I didn't make that more clear. I'll update my main post.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I did not get credit from ebates but I did get my one cd shipped from yourmusic and didn't get charged. So a cd for free, i'll take it. Thanks op![/quote]
You're welcome! The ebates offer should go through. Just give it a bit more time. Did you cancel your yourmusic.com account already?

[quote name='RyanFrost']It comes from ebates.com. They get paid a certain amount for referring you and they give you $12 of what they make to you. Sorry I didn't make that more clear. I'll update my main post.

You're welcome! The ebates offer should go through. Just give it a bit more time. Did you cancel your yourmusic.com account already?[/quote]
yep cancelled before I got charged the $5.99. So i don't get the ebates but i did get free cd, so its all good.

Yes, this deal is still active. Unfortunately, yourmusic.com will be increasing their prices to $6.99 ($1 more than they currently are) effective January 1st, 2007. So you have a couple days left at the $5.99 price with a free CD (I don't know when the free CD offer expires, perhaps it will end the end of this year).

[quote name='vandread']seems like a good deal. has anyone got this offer to go through? i think im just gonna try it anyways. 2 cds for about $6 is good just by itself :bouncy:[/QUOTE]I've actually done this deal through ebates about a year ago or so. It's legit. I quit after a number of months (when I didn't have any relatively new CDs I urgently wanted to listen to and own), but yourmusic keeps offering me a free CD to return. I wonder whether ebates would reward me for rejoining through them, but only a few days to decide before the per-CD/monthly rate goes up? Gah...

--Dan

Ok Ok.

Wait.

I got a question:

I signed Up. Got the free $5.

Went to that one site and got a free CD. Rick James Greatest Hits.

Everything was free. No Shipping. No Tax.

So let me get this straight? Once that CD has shipped or once I get the CD.

If I cancel my membership. Thats it. I end up with one free cd and no bills on my credit card?

If thats how it works, damn you should of just posted this topic as

*-GET A FREE CD- NO BS!-*

[quote name='2pac']So let me get this straight? Once that CD has shipped or once I get the CD.

If I cancel my membership. Thats it. I end up with one free cd and no bills on my credit card?[/quote]

I'm not sure if that will work, I haven't tried it. But if you do it through ebates you will get 2 CDs and MAKE $11 in the process. Sure, you don't get the money right away, but I think it's a much better deal in the end.

One last bump for those that want to get in on this offer before CD prices are raised on January 1st 2007.

bread's done
Back