Get $40 xtra @GC when U trade any 360, PS3, Wii towards new/used 360,PS3,Wii exp 2/08

Xfactor4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just stumbled upon this yesterday when I went to attempt to pre-order a SFIV tournament fight stick at my local GameCrazy and I didn't see it posted....

From the Gamecrazy website:

Want To Switch Systems? We’ll Give You $40 More Trade Credit To Do So!

Get $40 extra trade in credit when you trade any XBOX 360, PS3, or Wii toward the purchase of any new or used XBOX 360, Wii, or PS3. *Offer good through 2/08/09. Not valid with any other offers, including MVP.

Anyways, not too shabby of a deal if you want to upgrade a Xenon or Falcon 360 to a Jasper one or upgrade a Wii to a 360 or PS3.

I will try and get the BASE system trade values shortly so people can compare it to the current Gamestop promo(thread link here) where they give you an extra $25 bonus per system (although that offer is much more flexible since you can buy whatever you want with the credit and not only a system to get the offer.)

GAMECRAZY SYSTEM BASE TIV before $40 extra promo:(All values as of 01/22/09)

System trade requires A/V cords, PSU, and 1 controller

:ps3:
20 GB - $180.00
40 GB - $180.00
60 GB - $220.00
80 GB(NO BC w/2 usb) - $190.00
80 GB(BC w/4 usb) - $230.00

:360:
Core w/no HDD + 1 controller - $70.00
Premium/Pro w/20 GB HDD+ 1 controller - $95.00
Elite w/120 GB HDD - $120.00

:wii: - $140.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up OP! I am looking to upgrade to an Elite so I would like to know what the base TIV is for a 360 with a wireless controller. I just asked at GS what it was for them and they told me $80.

Pretty sure Game Crazy takes the system in as a whole "pro" or "elite" instead of taking the hdd and system in separately. Just a heads up when comparing trade values.

I just called about my 40GB PS3 and it's $180 tiv, making it only $220 if going for another system.

:(

[quote name='Dissolve']I just called about my 40GB PS3 and it's $180 tiv, making it only $220 if going for another system.

:([/QUOTE]

I wish I could get that much for my 360!

But it really hurts when it was frickin' $400 to begin with!:bomb:

I think I'll sell it on eBay. After fees, I should end up with roughly $260 cash, enough for a Jasper Arcade and to buy a used 20gb hard drive (or perhaps save up for a 120gb hard drive).

It seems -- no it MUST be that -- Game Crazy knows exactly what GameStop's tiv for stuff and setting their tiv accordingly.

[quote name='Dissolve']I just called about my 40GB PS3 and it's $180 tiv, making it only $220 if going for another system.

:([/quote]

Well, it looks like you might be better off doing the Gamestop offer of a bonus $25 UNLESS you can get GameCrazy to PRICEMATCH base TIV to Gamestop ! ;)

They do that on games but not sure on systems...

anyone know what the base TIV for a 360 is? I'm getting my system back from microsoft today and I don't trust their refurbished systems so if it's not to much of an upgrade cost I'll take it in to gamecrazy.

I was just thinking of changing my 360 for a Jasper version or a Wii for my family to mess about with, so this might be useful.

Does anyone know what you need to include in a system trade-in at GameCrazy? Do they need all the extra stuff the HDMI cable, controller, charger + battery pack, etc?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']anyone know what the base TIV for a 360 is? I'm getting my system back from microsoft today and I don't trust their refurbished systems so if it's not to much of an upgrade cost I'll take it in to gamecrazy.[/quote]

Base TIV for a 360 core is $70. With a 20gb HDD it is $95. Both values of course before the extra $40 promo.

[quote name='kazunori']I was just thinking of changing my 360 for a Jasper version or a Wii for my family to mess about with, so this might be useful.

Does anyone know what you need to include in a system trade-in at GameCrazy? Do they need all the extra stuff the HDMI cable, controller, charger + battery pack, etc?[/quote]

They require the system, a set of A/V cords, the Power supply, and a controller. If you trade in the "core" model without your HDD, they require a corded controller or a wireless one. If you trade it in with the HDD, they normally want a wireless controller but they would probably take a corded one as well.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Base TIV for a 360 core is $70. With a 20gb HDD it is $95. Both values of course before the extra $40 promo.

They require the system, a set of A/V cords, the Power supply, and a controller. If you trade in the "core" model without your HDD, they require a corded controller or a wireless one. If you trade it in with the HDD, they normally want a wireless controller but they would probably take a corded one as well.[/quote]

I see, thanks. Those trade-in values aren't too hot. I might do better on eBay, if I can be bothered to make a listing for it I guess.

[quote name='JaroldL']looks good, might look into this later.

thanks OP.[/quote]

Well the Gamestop bonus offer of $25 extra per system traded in expired yesterday but this offer at Gamecrazy is still going on until Feb. 8th if anyone is looking to upgrade their 360 or switch from one system to another.:)

bread's done
Back