Get $45 or $75 for buying a $10 Blood Glucose Monitor at Walgreens B&M Until 11/27

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I work over at walgreens and part of my job is to put up new add labels over the weekends. I came across something that may be a way to net some free cash.

As some may know, most blodd glucose monitors come with a mail in rebate. The Ascensia Contour blood glucose monitor at walgreens has been marked down to $9.99 untill 11/27 (the regular price is $74.99). Inside of the package comes a mail in rebate for $45, and supposedly you can get $30 more if you send them your old glucometer (if you don't have one, take one from grandma). So to sum it up, pay $10 and the company will send you a rebate of $75. $65 profit sounds good to me.

I'm going to test this out over the week when I go back to work... Also, this should work with anyone even if you don't have diabetes.

Does the rebate require a copy of the sales receipt? If so, they may have fine print that caps the rebate at the purchase price (up to $45)?

[quote name='tomwaits1']Does the rebate require a copy of the sales receipt? If so, they may have fine print that caps the rebate at the purchase price (up to $45)?[/QUOTE]

who knows... I'll check it out when I can. It's not a loss at all even then since you'll be getting your $10 back eventually.

Every rebate I have seen requires a receipt, so I think you would need to spend $45 to get a rebate of $45, but I quess it cant hurt to look. I wonder if you sent them the other glucose meter if they would still give you $30 ? I have one sitting around, that would still be $30 profit and would at least get the $10 back for the new one. Good luck !

I've never come across a rebate cap. On the very rare occasion, stores will even advertise the rebate as "get $5 back after rebate!". More common are the Amazon cell phone deals, you buy the phone & sign up, you get paid $100+ in rebates.

oh, and: Nice way to stick it to the blood monitor mfg's, OP!

bread's done
Back