Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card For Each Purchased HD DVD Player Before Feb 23rd 2008

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
Announcement Here

An Important Message from Best Buy for HD DVD Player Owners

For months, there has been much debate surrounding the two competing high-definition video formats: Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-ray Disc. Recently, Toshiba announced that they will no longer produce HD DVD players, and movie studios have decided not to release new titles in the HD DVD format.

Exciting news if you bought your HD DVD player from Best Buy
As the owner of an HD DVD player, you may have concerns about these developments. At Best Buy, we are dedicated to making sure you always have the right technology for you. That's why we're offering you a complimentary $50 Best Buy gift card for each HD DVD player you purchased from Best Buy before February 23, 2008. (See details and qualifying models.) Use the gift card to treat yourself to anything you want in our stores or online. Most qualifying customers will automatically receive their complimentary gift card by mail in the coming weeks. If you qualify and haven't received yours by May 1, 2008, please call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY to verify your eligibility (have your receipt handy, if possible).

Good news (even if you didn't buy from us)
Be assured that your HD DVD player will continue to play existing HD DVD titles (and upconvert standard DVDs to near-HD quality) as it always has. If you purchased a Best Buy service plan with your HD DVD player, we will continue to honor it for the life of the plan. If, however, you wish to trade in your HD DVD player and HD DVDs, we offer a convenient way to do so via our Best Buy Trade-In Center. Beginning March 21, visit BestBuyTradeIn.com to get an instant estimate of the value of your HD DVD player and movies. See below for further information, along with additional resources that we hope you'll find helpful as you examine your options.

QUALIFYING MODELS

Best Buy's offer of a complimentary $50 gift card for each HD DVD player purchased is extended to customers who bought any of the following HD DVD products in Best Buy retail stores or online at BestBuy.com by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2008:
  • Toshiba HD DVD player models:
    HD-A1, HD-A2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-A30, HD-A35
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD player accessory model 9Z5-00013
Offer excludes HD DVD-equipped computers and laptops, and so-called "dual-format" or "universal" high-definition disc player models designed to play both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD media.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']I still haven't received mine.

I might have to go to the store to claim mine.[/QUOTE]
They are mailing it. You cant pick it up at the store. If anything, you have to call Best Buy's customer service but they have until May 1st to have it delivered. If its not delivered to you by that time, call them.

Finally got around to using mine...got a 2nd Rock Band PS3 controller. Have some left over. Getting a Blu-Ray my fiancee wants next week, 27 Dresses. She has been bugging me that she wants to see it, so I may as well get it for her.

Call them if you bought a player from the bestbuyforbusiness site? Already got a card from them for buying the Ad-on. So, should I try the bbfb site?

[quote name='Fëanor']Call them if you bought a player from the bestbuyforbusiness site? Already got a card from them for buying the Ad-on. So, should I try the bbfb site?[/QUOTE]
I didnt have to call. They sent me a $50 gift card separately from my bestbuy.com/store purchase. It wont say its from bestbuybusiness but I knew it was.

[quote name='iazybandit']I didnt have to call. They sent me a $50 gift card separately from my bestbuy.com/store purchase. It wont say its from bestbuybusiness but I knew it was.[/quote]

Alrighty, so its only a matter of time.:) Thanks for the reply.

Got mine this week...GTA 4 is $50 off for me - perfect timing. Gotta appreciate Best Buy taking a high road and giving this out without any action from most consumers. Good deal.

yeah i called them and they said 6-8 weeks as well which is bull. i thought they said everyone would receive theirs before may 1st.

I called today and was given the new quote of 6-8 weeks. CSR said he did not know where people had gotten the idea of May 1st. I was informed to call them back if I didn't get it by the end of May. Wanted to use it on the BB xbox360/gtaIV special this week. Oh well.

I could have sworn they said May 1? I haven't received mine and was going to call this afternoon if it didn't come today.

Munch you should reconsider that grotesque photo. I love this website but the thought of seeing that in a thread is making me reconsider reading it everyday. Sheesh.

[quote name='Forbesania']Munch you should reconsider that grotesque photo. I love this website but the thought of seeing that in a thread is making me reconsider reading it everyday. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Is that really munch in the picture?

Magical date of May 1 has arrived...so I am assuming everyone has received their $50 GC from BB.

[quote name='munch']I still haven't received mine. I go to the mailbox all giddy and walk away wanting to cry. It makes me sad.[/quote]

yeah, I'm the same way. I get home from work each day hoping to find that gift card in the mailbox and I leave the mailbox disappointed every day as well. To top it all off, my SSN is in the first group for the stimulus checks and my direct deposit hasn't gone through yet either and they said that the first group should have it by today. /sigh

Bah.. so I just called and spoke to a very helpful Customer Relations person. It seems that when I called a few weeks ago, I talked to someone that just verified my name but not my address (since I didn't have my receipt). So yeah, I've been waiting on a card that was mailed out to someone else. She pulled up my purchase and now has my stuff entered in the system and I'll be waiting 6-8 weeks as well. :cry:

i received one but was missing two more. I called them and they told me my other bunch was sent out on April 8th and will take 6-8 weeks, i think they are just stalling, but we'll see

i never bought any hddvd player but i just got one gift card for the same reason. guessed i just got luck, gonna use it for MGS4 haha

You guys should just call up customer service, I received mine about a week or two after the initial email. You get a lot less if you never ask.

[quote name='allyourblood']i've already called once and was told to simply wait.[/quote]

I called after 5 weeks was told to wait 6
Called after 6 weeks, told to wait 8.

I called today and they said my card was processed and mailed at the end of March. The rep says it takes 6-8 weeks to process and receive. I said I understood but mine was processed and sent out 7 weeks ago. The USPS sucks but it doesn't take them 7 weeks to deliver a letter. I was told to call back the beginning of June if I still hadn't received it. Sorry for the rant but it's getting ridiculous with how many people still don't have theirs.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']I called today and they said my card was processed and mailed at the end of March. The rep says it takes 6-8 weeks to process and receive. I said I understood but mine was processed and sent out 7 weeks ago. The USPS sucks but it doesn't take them 7 weeks to deliver a letter. I was told to call back the beginning of June if I still hadn't received it. Sorry for the rant but it's getting ridiculous with how many people still don't have theirs.[/QUOTE]

Cut them some slack and wait the 8 weeks before calling. They are sending thousands of these things out....and they didn't need to. Just think about how much this is costing them. Truly, they didn't need to give us anything. I'm sure they can't send every single gift card out in one day, so I'm sure it takes a little bit of time.

[quote name='tholly']Cut them some slack and wait the 8 weeks before calling. They are sending thousands of these things out....and they didn't need to. Just think about how much this is costing them. Truly, they didn't need to give us anything. I'm sure they can't send every single gift card out in one day, so I'm sure it takes a little bit of time.[/quote]

i think you're forgetting that BB themselves instructed people to call them after May 1st if their card had not yet arrived, which is what many of us are doing, most for the first time. the 8 weeks folks are referring to was only mentioned once they called BB for an update.

I never got mine.

I called today and they asked for my receipt. I have no clue where it is since my accountant probably had it with my taxes. They basically told me I was screwed since they have no record of me buying one. I told them how lame that was seeing how I got an email saying "Our records indicate you bought an HD-DVD player from Best Buy"
Dude basically said he was sorry and try to get a receipt from the store.
GRRRRR!!!!!

Called just now to see if maybe I'd luck out and they would send me one being that I bought it on the 24th. Had a nice lady help me and when looking at the purchase date said she needed to go and find out what the cutoff date for the gift card was... I'm pretty sure if thats why your answering phone calls you should know.

Long story short she said that I didn't qualify. They are definitely holding to their deadline. Oh well didn't hurt to be on the phone for 10 minutes.

Also I said I did not have my receipt and she was still able to pull up the purchase very quickly.

I am still waiting on my third and final $50 gift card. I called again and again, and they said that the promo does not apply to BestBuy4Business, which is a lie as I have been repeatedly told otherwise many times by Best Buy. Anyhow, I was told to wait as it has been specially processed as a measure of good will. heh. 6-8 weeks more.

The CSR I talked too told me all of the gift cards have been shipped out and you should get it by June 1. He said to call back if you don't get it by then.

strange I just got a survey from bb about my HD-DVD purchase.

The questions where how long did you buy it, did you buy it from BB, what is your age, state but nothing like "Do you regret buying the HD-DVD drive?" Strange.

bread's done
Back