Get $50 Best Buy Gift Card For Each Purchased HD DVD Player Before Feb 23rd 2008

SpeedBrkr

CAGiversary!
Announcement Here

An Important Message from Best Buy for HD DVD Player Owners

For months, there has been much debate surrounding the two competing high-definition video formats: Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-ray Disc. Recently, Toshiba announced that they will no longer produce HD DVD players, and movie studios have decided not to release new titles in the HD DVD format.

Exciting news if you bought your HD DVD player from Best Buy
As the owner of an HD DVD player, you may have concerns about these developments. At Best Buy, we are dedicated to making sure you always have the right technology for you. That's why we're offering you a complimentary $50 Best Buy gift card for each HD DVD player you purchased from Best Buy before February 23, 2008. (See details and qualifying models.) Use the gift card to treat yourself to anything you want in our stores or online. Most qualifying customers will automatically receive their complimentary gift card by mail in the coming weeks. If you qualify and haven't received yours by May 1, 2008, please call us at 1-888-BEST-BUY to verify your eligibility (have your receipt handy, if possible).

Good news (even if you didn't buy from us)
Be assured that your HD DVD player will continue to play existing HD DVD titles (and upconvert standard DVDs to near-HD quality) as it always has. If you purchased a Best Buy service plan with your HD DVD player, we will continue to honor it for the life of the plan. If, however, you wish to trade in your HD DVD player and HD DVDs, we offer a convenient way to do so via our Best Buy Trade-In Center. Beginning March 21, visit BestBuyTradeIn.com to get an instant estimate of the value of your HD DVD player and movies. See below for further information, along with additional resources that we hope you'll find helpful as you examine your options.

QUALIFYING MODELS

Best Buy's offer of a complimentary $50 gift card for each HD DVD player purchased is extended to customers who bought any of the following HD DVD products in Best Buy retail stores or online at BestBuy.com by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2008:
  • Toshiba HD DVD player models:
    HD-A1, HD-A2, HD-A20, HD-XA2, HD-A3, HD-A30, HD-A35
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 HD DVD player accessory model 9Z5-00013
Offer excludes HD DVD-equipped computers and laptops, and so-called "dual-format" or "universal" high-definition disc player models designed to play both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD media.

[quote name='munch']The CSR I talked too told me all of the gift cards have been shipped out and you should get it by June 1. He said to call back if you don't get it by then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

If you haven't received your card yet you had better give them a call. I just called because it has been 8 weeks and they said they have to issue a replacement since I haven't got it.

Guess how long it takes to get that? You got it, 6-8 weeks. Pathetic. At this point they should do something like you can just pick it up from a local store. I asked but they said no, it has to be mailed.

i talked to someone yesterday and they told me they had no estimate whatsoever when it would arrive. so i asked to speak with a supervisor and he said they are starting a new program to mail out cards to anyone that hasn't received them by monday. So i assume when I call on monday they will tell me to wait another 6-8 weeks and the process will start all over again.

[quote name='mbeno13']i talked to someone yesterday and they told me they had no estimate whatsoever when it would arrive. so i asked to speak with a supervisor and he said they are starting a new program to mail out cards to anyone that hasn't received them by monday. So i assume when I call on monday they will tell me to wait another 6-8 weeks and the process will start all over again.[/quote]

I just spoke to a CSR and they said that it has to be escalated to a Best Buy HDDVD Gift Card replacement team. That process takes 4-6 weeks.

However, I just spoke with Tony Brown (Supervisor) and he sent the process right to accounting, saying it should take 4-6 weeks. He also said that I could keep the other gift card if it ever arrives.

Ask to speak to a supervisor.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']I just spoke to a CSR and they said that it has to be escalated to a Best Buy HDDVD Gift Card replacement team. That process takes 4-6 weeks.

However, I just spoke with Tony Brown (Supervisor) and he sent the process right to accounting, saying it should take 4-6 weeks. He also said that I could keep the other gift card if it ever arrives.

Ask to speak to a supervisor.[/QUOTE]

See when I talked to them yesterday I was told that all cards have been mailed but chances are that some have been lost in the mail and what they will do is send you out another card after they check to see if they card they initially sent out has not already been spent.

Seems like those that did not receive the GCs, they were "lost" in the mail. I do not believe it. I had to call in about 6-7 times as well as having 4 different cases opened to investigate the "lost" GCs and validate my purchases.

Yes, I again received the usual "6-8 weeks" promise of my GCs.

[quote name='ccockerill']See when I talked to them yesterday I was told that all cards have been mailed but chances are that some have been lost in the mail and what they will do is send you out another card after they check to see if they card they initially sent out has not already been spent.[/quote]

[quote name='unforeseen']Seems like those that did not receive the GCs, they were "lost" in the mail. I do not believe it. I had to call in about 6-7 times as well as having 4 different cases opened to investigate the "lost" GCs and validate my purchases.

Yes, I again received the usual "6-8 weeks" promise of my GCs.[/quote]

That's why I asked to speak to a supervisor to voice my displeasure of having to wait another 6-8 weeks. At that point, he offered to "go around" that system for me.

Finally called them for the 1st time, had my 2 .com orders infront of me, they took my info down, confirmed the orders and submitted the request for x2 $50 GC's....said I should get it within a week. Keeping my fingers crossed :pray:

So I called in today to check on the new program the previous person said would be starting on Monday and this new guy says he knows nothing about it. Goes to check with his supervisor and nope nothing. All I get is another case file and another 6-8 weeks.

So I just called and I got an extremely rude woman on the phone. I told her that I wasn't on the initial list, I had to be added. They told me June 1st, and I was calling to know what was going on (thinking she'd bring up the lost in the mail excuse, and would at least look up my information). Nope. She didn't ask me a single question, just kept saying "4 to 6 weeks" in a rude tone over and over interrupting me and everything. I was stunned, and just sat there in silence. She then said 'Well...anything else?" again in a rude tone. I asked her what the reason was, citing the fact I'd read online that some were lost in the mail. She claimed they didn't know anything about that, and were never told such. She said it's because they underestimated how many units they sold, and it's taking them longer than they thought to get them all out, so it's been a four to six week extension.

That has to be BS, because of all the sites I peruse I haven't seen many people claim they've gotten their card in a long while. It seems like there are just a few more left, and to me they should just send us the code by email. I know it's a nice gesture, but we've waited long enough.

June 10, but I finally got my $50 card today. Called at the beginning of May and the CSR (that was very friendly) confirmed that my HD DVD purchase was in their system, but some glitch prevented them from automatically mailing a card to me. She said 6 weeks to manually process my card, and lo and behold, it took almost exactly 6 weeks. See, they aren't always "blowing smoke" when they say that stuff.

Good luck to all those still waiting. Thanks Best Buy for free mula!

Got mine in the mail this morning along with a hd postcard about my free hd movies. What a funny coincidence.

To anyone who had to call recently and have theirs resent, start looking in your mail. I called last Saturday and had it resent and got it today, so that's 3 days and not another 6-8 weeks like they said we would have to wait again.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']To anyone who had to call recently and have theirs resent, start looking in your mail. I called last Saturday and had it resent and got it today, so that's 3 days and not another 6-8 weeks like they said we would have to wait again.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Thanks. I always receive the mail late in the day....so hopefully it is waiting for me when I get home.

After about a month since I first called about the GC I finally received mine in the mail today! And just in time for MGS4 :D

50gc.jpg

[quote name='ccockerill']I had called last week and now I just got my gift card in the mail today.[/quote]

I called last week too, hope mine is in the mail today :pray:

I just got mine today as well. It seems this is the second wave of giftcards sent out, don't give up yet guys!

I'm going to call next Monday if I don't get a card this week (doubt I will, I haven't called yet).

Can't believe you actually have to call Best Buy and hassle them to get the gift card, they aren't some fly by night operation.

I called Best Buy on March 21st and had them process a request for 2 $50 cards. Just checking in to report that I received my $100 card the other day. It took a while, but it finally came, so if you're still waiting hopefully yours will come soon too!

Still missing on my end...such a headache.

First it was going to be for GTA 4.
Then MGS4.
Now I"m thinking a Dualshock 3 perhaps...

When will this end.

I'm still waiting on mine as well. I called at the beginning of May. I'll probably call again if I don't get it by Friday.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']That's why I asked to speak to a supervisor to voice my displeasure of having to wait another 6-8 weeks. At that point, he offered to "go around" that system for me.[/quote]

Update. I got my 2 $50 gift cards about a month ago. On the same day, I also received a $50 GC that the supervisor must have processed. I got $150 instead of $100. It was worth the wait, and I got a WiiFit and some other crap with it.

i never did get one and called 2 weeks ago, she found it and said it would be 10 days, i called the other day said they were backlogged and still weeks away?

did the same and call 2 weeks ago, did get a case no from the rep who said i shall receive it in 14 days, give it another week!

I called in the middle of July because I still had not received mine. The lady said that they would check into it and give it a few more weeks.

I called this morning since I still have not received it. She said that she is sending one out right away and that I'll have it in 10 business days. She also gave me another case# . At this rate, I may have it by the time Gears of War 2 comes out.

[quote name='Lice']Is their a direct number specifically for the cards?[/quote]

I called 1-888-BEST-BUY then pressed 0 for operator and asked for the Toshiba HD DVD rebate, you get transferred to a machine that talks about the HD DVD $50 Best Buy rebate offer, then press 3 to speak with a rep.

I've received two cards so far even though I only bought one HD DVD player. They both show a $50 balance at BB.com. I've called BB numerous times wondering where the GC was, so I think they messed up somewhere. But hey, I'm not complaining.

thought i'd bump this to see if anyone else is still struggling with this promotion, or just me?

i called Best Buy for about the 3rd or 4th time, asking where my $50 GC is, and was told that my last two cases (the original request and the second, "escalated" request) went un-reviewed and unfulfilled. the CSR i spoke to today said she was "skipping" the review process and just flat-out issuing me a $50 GC (pretty much what the 2nd CSR told me when the original GC never came, but without having to go thru the GC dept. this time, supposedly).

last but not least, she told me she didn't want to cancel the 2nd request (i'm guessing in case her 3rd issuance also goes unfulfilled), and that, "worst case scenario, you might receive two gift cards". now honestly, i would be elated to receive even one, but here's hoping...

anyone else not get the dad-gummed thing?

If anyone has anymore problems with the gift cards, just request the rep. to take your e-mail address from you (then confirm its correct) and ask to be sent an email when the card is sent since that's what I had to do to get mine finally. :)

[quote name='dc307']If anyone has anymore problems with the gift cards, just request the rep. to take your e-mail address from you (then confirm its correct) and ask to be sent an email when the card is sent since that's what I had to do to get mine finally. :)[/quote]

i did that, but giving them your e-mail doesn't guarantee that they'll send it -- it just lets you know if/when they do. all it did for me was act as a constant reminder that nothing had been done, so i of course called them at the end of each waiting period. third time's the charm, i hope.

bread's done
Back