Get $50 Credit at EB for N64 Plus 6 Games or PSX plus 5 Games!

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, and when I mentioned it another trade thread, it sounded like no one knew about it.

Anyway, In the new May Catalog B&M, the one with Star Wars on the front, it lists:

Trade your N64 plus 6 games for $50 credit. Since they sell the used systems in-store for $17.99, this may be YMMV.

Also works for trade PSX plus 5 games for $50.

Thanks Xclaude for the scan!
Scan

Current promotions EB B&M:
EB Promotions

Here is a list of the games reported to work for this deal:

PS1:
Madden 2001
Smackdown 1
Tony Hawk 1
Matt Hoffman
Blaster Master
Fighting Force
MSG VR Missions
Puzzle Star Sweep
Dracula Last Sanctuary
Battle Hunter
GTA 1
Crash Warped
Tekken 2
Driver
Rocket power
Gran Tourismo 2
Syphon Filter 3
Activision classics
Rainbow 6
Sim City 2000
Metal Gear Solid
Theme Park
Fear Effect
Twisted Metal 3
Spec Ops (3 different versions)
Tiger Woods '99
PGA Tour '98
GTA2
Twisted Metal 2
MOH: Underground
Dino Crisis
Action Bass
Twisted Metal 3
Destruction Derby 2
Resident Evil 2
Legends of Dragoon
Driver
Worms Armagedon
James Bond 007
Yu-Gi-Oh
gran turismo
oddworld
psybadek
Twisted Metal 4
Oddworld Exodus

N64:
Bomberman Hero
Tonic Trouble
Aerogauge 64
Conker's BFD
NBA Live 199
Perfect Dark
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong 64
Iggy's Reckin Balls
Madden 2002
NBA Live 98
Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Mario Golf
Mario Party 3
Carmageddon
Iggy's Reckin' Ball
Stunt Racer 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Wave Race
Shadows of the Empire
Perfect Dark
Turok
Top Gear Rally 2
Lamborghini
Quest
Goldeneye
Rampage world tour
Madden 2001 - $1.99
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest - $1.99
All-Star Baseball
Monster Truck
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Fighter
Monopoly
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Quake II
Hey You Pikachu
Olympic Hockey 98
Indy Racing 2000
San Fran Rush
South Park
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Rogue Squadron
Rocket Robot on Wheels
NHL 99-$1.49
Star Wars Racer-$1.49
NBA Courtside 98-$1.49
Wailae Golf-$1.49
NBA Live 99-$1.49
WCW/NWO Revenge-$1.49
Triple Play 2000-$1.99
Nightmare Creatures

UPDATED JUNE 21

Another update for all the N64 titles that work:

Bomberman Hero
Tonic Trouble
Aerogauge 64
Conker's BFD
NBA Live 199
Perfect Dark
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong 64
Iggy's Reckin Balls
Madden 2002
NBA Live 98
Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Mario Golf
Mario Party 3
Carmageddon
Iggy's Reckin' Ball
Stunt Racer 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Wave Race
Shadows of the Empire
Perfect Dark
Turok
Top Gear Rally 2
Lamborghini
Quest
Goldeneye
Rampage world tour
Madden 2001 - $1.99
All-Star Baseball
Monster Truck
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Fighter
Monopoly
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Quake II
Hey You Pikachu
Olympic Hockey 98
Indy Racing 2000
San Fran Rush
South Park
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Rogue Squadron
Rocket Robot on Wheels
NHL 99-$1.49
Star Wars Racer-$1.49
NBA Courtside 98-$1.49
Wailae Golf-$1.49
NBA Live 99-$1.49
WCW/NWO Revenge-$1.49
Triple Play 2000-$1.99

[quote name='jimbo12457']When I traded in my N64 and 6 games the guy ringing it up said if the promo wasnt going on I would have gotten $2.41 for everything(including the system!)[/QUOTE]

Some guy at EB also told me that I would get $2.xx for all my games + the system...I was like WHAT?

But I told them about the deal and he had to look it up on the computer.
It worked flawlessly after that.

Did you guys have to show a printout of the ad?

I know there've been promotions like this before that worked for people, and I've went in and said something, and they've been like 'omgwtflol nu-uh'.

Of course, in that case, even a printout might not work, and the ads were gone even when I first read of this.

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I want to definitely want to take advantage of that deal for a quick $100 bucks in credit (both psx and n64 systems.) Anyway, I have a feeling the guy isn't gonna know what I'm talking about, so when you go in if you don't have the ad, can they look it up somehow? I really want to get rid of some crappy games. Thanks everyone!

Do you think they would accept an N64 that has a few red spraypaint spots on it? If not, anybody know of a good primer to get it off? :lol:

By the way, what is POX?

Damn, I just realized I have an old grey PS1 that I could trade in. And I know I have at least 5 games they'll take for this offer.:)

[quote name='rywateska']Another update for all the N64 titles that work:

WCW vs NWO World Tour
[/QUOTE]

This game does not work. I tried it and was denied the credit bump.

I'm sure an old system that has some paint on it won't be a problem. If it is, come back later and try again when someone else is working. It'll work eventually. And if your area is like mine, there are probably 12 more EBs within 30 miles.

[quote name='TimTucker']As long as you don't have any games that scan as POX, the deal is automatic when they hit total.[/QUOTE]

I'd think so (their other system deals have been), but other people have been saying they have to look it up?

it didn't work for me
i think they screwed me because he said all he found was the 25 dollar deal and there were no catalogs in the store so i couldn't show him

i'm gonna buy a cheap n64 and try another eb before the deal ends

I did the deal today. Was able to trade it in without cables. The deal was automatic for me too.

These games are confirmed to work:
Bomberman Hero
Tonic Trouble
Pokemon Snap
Lamborghini 64
Aerogauge 64
Pokemon Stadium

[quote name='infernalclown']this deal only seems to work in there system automatically for the playstation if they put it in as a 1000 system...[/QUOTE]

Did the deal with no troubles the other day with a PSone mini system.

(Weird update on something today -- for some reason NFL Blitz 2000 for N64 wouldn't work with the deal even though it's in the system as PO not POX)

It's funny how they list 2 trade in deals for the n64. They give you $25 more credit if you trade in one more game:

N64 HW and 5 N64 games - $25 trade-in value Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO N64 SYSTEM and 5 pre-played N64 games and receive$25.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $5 and each game value is $4. Game boxes and instructions are required. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game/system must be in working condition. Some titles are excluded from trade.

N64 HW and 6 N64 games - $50 trade-in value Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO N64 SYSTEM and 6 pre-played N64 games and receive$50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $14 and each game value is $6. Game boxes and instructions are required. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game/system must be in working condition. Some titles are excluded from trade.

UPDATED JUNE 21

Another update for all the N64 titles that work:

Bomberman Hero
Tonic Trouble
Aerogauge 64
Conker's BFD
NBA Live 199
Perfect Dark
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong 64
Iggy's Reckin Balls
Madden 2002
NBA Live 98
Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Mario Golf
Mario Party 3
Carmageddon
Iggy's Reckin' Ball
Stunt Racer 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Wave Race
Shadows of the Empire
Perfect Dark
Turok
Top Gear Rally 2
Lamborghini
Quest
Goldeneye
Rampage world tour
Madden 2001 - $1.99
All-Star Baseball
Monster Truck
Pokemon Snap
Star Wars Fighter
Monopoly
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Quake II
Hey You Pikachu
Olympic Hockey 98
Indy Racing 2000
San Fran Rush
South Park
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Rogue Squadron
Rocket Robot on Wheels
NHL 99-$1.49
Star Wars Racer-$1.49
NBA Courtside 98-$1.49
Wailae Golf-$1.49
NBA Live 99-$1.49
WCW/NWO Revenge-$1.49
Triple Play 2000-$1.99

Updated the OP with current list. I just did another trade-in last night. I don't remember which psx games they took, I just had a stack of 10 and they took the first 5 and they worked. :) I will be going back this week and trading in another psx. Then this weekend, I am going out of town and I plan on picking up a couple N64s out of town to trade in locally. I hope to find a N64 in one of the Funtastic colors to keep for myself. You just can't beat a system like this for $17.99.

Also helpful for this deal is the Buy 3 get one free PSX games. Using my Edge card, I walked out with 5 games for $5 and some change, all non POX.

How much do EBs charge for Playstations? There's a local store that sells em for $15, but unfortunately he doesn't take EB credit, and I don't want to spend any more cash.

I've got a broken modded PS2. Apparently you can get $100 for a PS2 with 3 games. Anybody know if they check PS2s to see if they're working since they have a higher failure rate than most other consoles?

Thanks to the original poster of this deal. Because of him, I got an Electric Blue DS for $50 along with Kirby Canvas Curse for basically some spare change.

[quote name='midgey']Also helpful for this deal is the Buy 3 get one free PSX games. Using my Edge card, I walked out with 5 games for $5 and some change, all non POX.

How much do EBs charge for Playstations? There's a local store that sells em for $15, but unfortunately he doesn't take EB credit, and I don't want to spend any more cash.

I've got a broken modded PS2. Apparently you can get $100 for a PS2 with 3 games. Anybody know if they check PS2s to see if they're working since they have a higher failure rate than most other consoles?

Thanks to the original poster of this deal. Because of him, I got an Electric Blue DS for $50 along with Kirby Canvas Curse for basically some spare change.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome! :)

As far as the broken/modded PS2, be careful. They may take it without checking it, but later it will get checked. I don't know about your EB, but mine takes my Drivers License info everytime I trade. You wouldn't end up in handcuffs, but it might mean getting flagged by that EB as a shady trader. The fact that it's modded could be cause for them saying you knew it was broke. If it wasn't modded, you could say they broke it after you gave it to them.

I just got back from EB Games. The guy at the counter was really cool, and he looked up the deal when I asked him about it, then after he read that it said "games must include original box and manual" he was like "that's rediculous, corporate always makes dumb stuff like that. Don't worry about it." He also took my painted up N64 no questions asked, and I ended up getting an Hori screen protector for my PSP (which is absolutely incredible, best $5 screen protector out there) and reserving Zelda: Twilight Princess almost entirely (I had $45 left and put it all towards the game). Awesome deal. Thanks OP.

By the way, I have a PSX that turns on and spins the disk and everything, but sometimes it doesn't load the game. It's totally random. When I leave it open, and hold the little button to make it think it's closed, then give the disk a spin and turn it on, it works everytime. Think they will still accept it? I sure hope so, considering it works, just not in a regular manner.

Oh yeah, and Army Men: Sarge's Heroes and Cruis'n World worked perfect for me.

A warning to those in the Tampa Bay, FL area: The EBGames at the University Mall on Fowler Ave. does not acknowledge the existence of this deal. They only told me of the console+5 games = $25 deal.

Piss on them.

As far as the broken/modded PS2, be careful. They may take it without checking it, but later it will get checked. I don't know about your EB, but mine takes my Drivers License info everytime I trade. You wouldn't end up in handcuffs, but it might mean getting flagged by that EB as a shady trader. The fact that it's modded could be cause for them saying you knew it was broke. If it wasn't modded, you could say they broke it after you gave it to them.

Well, I know I've traded in systems to EB with games left in the system, and they never called me, and by the time I discovered it and came back with my receipt (1-2 days later), they said it was 'too late, and they didn't know of any systems like that'.

I guess that must mean they don't keep track of whose they are and you'll be fine traded in a broken or modded one.

Anyway, if the EB doesn't acknowledge it, and you bring in a printed ad, is that as good as if you had a real ad/the actual catalog?

I have a PSX that turns on and spins the disk and everything, but sometimes it doesn't load the game. It's totally random. When I leave it open, and hold the little button to make it think it's closed, then give the disk a spin and turn it on, it works everytime. Think they will still accept it? I sure hope so, considering it works, just not in a regular manner.

[quote name='BigMuffinLuv']A warning to those in the Tampa Bay, FL area: The EBGames at the University Mall on Fowler Ave. does not acknowledge the existence of this deal. They only told me of the console+5 games = $25 deal.

Piss on them.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me at the EB in Dallas, TX on Greenvile Ave. Only I just told the guy to check his promo list, and of course, it was there :) Just ask em to check the list, cuz the $25 deal is the one on the signs in-store.

[quote name='BlaseDeviant']Anyway, if the EB doesn't acknowledge it, and you bring in a printed ad, is that as good as if you had a real ad/the actual catalog?[/QUOTE]

I went in today with a couple of games I knew were POX and the girl took it. I had the print out from the OP with me. She claimed that the whole thing was a price mistake, that it was supposed to read "System and games for $25" not $50. Anyway, since I had a copy of the ad, and also since it didn't say anything about exclusions in the fine print, she had to honor it. But we all know even stuff like this is YMMV.

[quote name='Zon27']I can rattle off the pox games for ps1 if you want. I have a mostly complete list in front of me...[/QUOTE]That'd be great.

[quote name='KowHunta']Well, I'm sure it doesn't expire July 2nd. Maybe you should read the ad in the OP? Or the thread. Just for the heck of it?[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is not appreciated !

i don't know if anyone mentioned but the promo is listed online also in eb promotions section:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/
PS1 Mini HW and 5 PS1 games - $50 trade-in value Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO PS1 MINI SYSTEM and 5 pre-played PS1 games and receive $50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $20 and each game value is $6. Game boxes and instructions are required. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game/system must be in working condition. Some titles are excluded from trade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSX HW and 5 PS games - $50 trade-in value Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO PSX SYSTEM and 5 pre-played PS games and receive $50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $20 and each game value is $6. Game boxes and instructions are required. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game/system must be in working condition. Some titles are excluded from trade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N64 HW and 6 N64 games - $50 trade-in value Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO N64 SYSTEM and 6 pre-played N64 games and receive$50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $14 and each game value is $6. Game boxes and instructions are required. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game/system must be in working condition. Some titles are excluded from trade.

Ah, that's interesting. They didn't have it online (in fact, none of the deals were listed on their site) a week ago. I guess they just kinda had a brain fart. Oh well. I'm glad that it's more of a well known promotion now...

HOLY CRAP!

$50 trade-in credit GBA system/ 5 GBA games Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO-GBA SYSTEM ALL and 5 pre-played GBA games and receive $50.00 trade-in credit. No titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. While supplies last. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. See sales associate for complete details. Limit one per customer. Boxes and Instructions are NOT required.

Is this deal still going on? When this was first posted I went with 2 n64's 14 games and 2 playstations and 11 games and walked away with $202.4x . I already had 2 n64's good thing there is a GameStop, EBgames, and a mom-pop store on the same strip. YEY. Got the second playstation for $17 at the mom & pop. Also...WOW without the tradein offer ebgames only gives like $1.00 or $2.00 for a n64

Yes it's good til July 2nd.

[quote name='JSK414']Is this deal still going on? When this was first posted I went with 2 n64's 14 games and 2 playstations and 11 games and walked away with $202.4x . I already had 2 n64's good thing there is a GameStop, EBgames, and a mom-pop store on the same strip. YEY. Got the second playstation for $17 at the mom & pop. Also...WOW without the tradein offer ebgames only gives like $1.00 or $2.00 for a n64[/QUOTE]

PSX POX list

119972 1Extreme
126975 2Extreme
152535 Big Air
119966 Big Hurt Baseball
148744 Biofreaks
192092 Burstrick Wake Boarding!
139843 Courier Crisis
119970 Destruction Derby
156038 ESPN XGames Pro Boarder
128946 Grid Runner
180630 Grudge War
126989 Jet Moto
200479 KISS Pinball
128673 Madden 97
139331 Madden 98
152523 Madden 99
167491 Madden 00
173077 March Madness 00
147206 MLB 99
183451 MTV Sports: Pure Ride
183461 MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX
149333 N2O: Nitrous Oxide
138977 NASCAR 98
152531 NASCAR 99
129430 NASCAR Racing
128732 NBA Live 97
152539 NBA Live 99
167486 NCAA Football 00
120031 NFL Gameday
138825 NFL Gameday 98
149317 NFL Gameday 99
167500 NFL Gameday 00
128736 NHL 97
139829 NHL 98
152527 NHL 99
168390 NHL 2000
152228 NHL Faceoff 99
127081 Perfect Weapon
192742 Razor Scooter
139675 Reel Fishing
162177 Revolt
139605 Shipwreckers
222997 Shooter Space Shot
205074 Skydiving Extreme
183362 Speedball 2100
175410 Street Sk8er 2
127155 Tecmo Super Bowl
136148 Triple Play 98
146948 Triple Play 99
163089 Triple Play 2000
168378 WCW Mayhem
139067 WCW Nitro
141092 Wild 9
153825 Wrecking Crew
160240 WWF Attitude
120750 Zero Divide

This list is most likely incomplete but it covers ~95% of the POX PS1 games... this is fairly recently recieved information.

Basically sports after 2000 are good.

[quote name='KowHunta']HOLY CRAP!

$50 trade-in credit GBA system/ 5 GBA games Active: Now - 7/2/2005
Trade-in a working PO-GBA SYSTEM ALL and 5 pre-played GBA games and receive $50.00 trade-in credit. No titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. While supplies last. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. See sales associate for complete details. Limit one per customer. Boxes and Instructions are NOT required.[/QUOTE]

is xevious still 2.99 B&M at EB?

that would work nicely

I traded in my PSX and these games:

* Spiderman
* 007 Racing
* 007 Tommorrow Never Dies
* Test Drive 6
* The Grinch

I got a Logitech Playgear Pocket and put the other $30 down on GTA: Liberty City Stories.

bread's done
Back