get $50 in credit if you prepurchase one of these...

whiteboy

CAGiversary!
Get 50 bucks in credit if you prepurchase one of these games:

FF:crystal chronicals
MGS: twin snakes
Ninja Gaiden
007: everything or nothing
Pokemon Colosseum
halo 2

this is available at electronic botique. i saw it in thier little catalogue thing they have in their store, so you might need one of those.

I just got back from EB and it is a trade 4 non sport titles and get some pre-orders for free.

Funny thing is they are also doing an increased credit for multiple trades. I traded in 4 games, they gave me 16 bucks extra and I used a coupon on Pokemon Coliseum. They actually gave me the pre-order and $13. not sure what happened to the other 3 bucks but they doubled the deal. I traded in 4 crap games that I paid $20 for total and got a total of $63 in credit. It was odd, but I'm happy

Question comes down to are they going to allow the combined deal of extra bonus for multiple trades PLUS the trade 4 in for pre-order deal.

"Get 50 bucks in credit if you prepurchase one of these games:

MGS: twin snakes"

So Ian pre-order this for $39.99 and get $50 back. So they are paying me $10 to take it?

That would be a great deal.

its not pre order its pre purchase. and in what was pointed out already its a trade in deal. and if you use this deal you must buy MGS twin snakes for 50 dollars.

okay sorry for the confusion. i know MGS: TS reatails for 40 bucks but the ad says that in this deal it is 50 bucks.(which makes sense if you ask me)
also when i say prepurchase i mean you fully buy the game before it comes out, not just put 5 dollars down. i guess some of you dont understand this deal or you dont think its a good one but i thought some of you would liked to have used it.

Part of these were talked about in another thread, but to avoid anymore confusions, here it is.

Any ONE of these free when you trade-in 4 games.*

Prince of Persia for whichever system. (Doubt you will get Splinter Cell with this deal)
Sonic Heroes, once again for whichever system.
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance II for XBox
Final Fantasy X-2

*Free when you trade-in 4 non-sport PS2, XBox, or GCN games toward the pre-purchase or purchase of the above titles. Cannot be combined with any trade-in offer or promotion. No duplicate titles. Boxes and instructions are required. Customer is responsible for sales tax in some states. Typographical errors are not the responsiblity of EB Games. Some exclusions may apply. Contace an EB Games associate for complete details. Offer Valid 1/23/04 - 2/28/04.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recieve $50* in credit when you pre-purchase any of the following titles:

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles GCN 49.99
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes GCN 49.99 (I realize what the retail for this game is, but this is what is stated)
Ninja Gaiden 49.99 XBox
Bond: Everything or Nothing PS2, XBox, GCN 49.99
Pokemon Colosseum GCN 49.99
Halo 2 49.99

*When you trade-in 4 non-sport PS2, XBox or GCN games. Offer valid only on pre-purchase. Boxes and instructions required. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. While supplies last. Some titles excluded. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Contact EB Games associate for details.

So the second set really isn't a $50 credit, it's just trade-in 4 games and get ONE of the above games free when pre-purchased. I hope this helps sort out the confusion.

It's stupidly written, it's as if they want to confuse people to keep them from trying to take advantage of the deal, and it dosent even sound like all that good a deal.

Ah ok

Trade 4 games, hah. I'm not gonna add fuel to the fire. It just bothers me when I know that EA is actually getting the better end of the deal cause they'll get more profit with the 4 traded games than the actual game you're getting

Geez...what is it that people do not understand. It is still a Trade-in 4 games thing...the 50 dollar credit thing is just to word it differently than trade 4 games...did I not explain myself before?

Though in another thread, someone was able to trade 4 and get the credit, he put it on MGS:TS and since it was 39.99 in store he was left with a 10 credit. YMMV though, so you never know. Especially since EB is running the trade-in more, more trade-in value you get, especially if you have a GMR card (yet information from another thread).

So in conclusion Masterkyo, you are not getting any credit, unless you trade-in another 4 games.

[quote name='basketkase543']Sorry about all of the confusion Whiteboy but thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

Don't be sorry to Whiteboy, he's the one that worded it so idiotically.

on the flyer it says you save 50 dollars after trading in 4 games....which means after you trade in 4 games you automatically get 50 dollars no matter if the trade in value of the 4 games do not equal 50...so it is the same trade in deal just worded in the most idiotic way possible

also does anyone have a list of games that ebgames accept for this deal and where we can get them for 5 dollars???

"Boxes and instructions required"

What if you bought USED games from them for either PS2, XBOX, And gamecube and never got Boxes and instructions because it was used and came in a cardboard sleeve? Wil they still take it since it there FN fault that it never came with them in the first place?

[quote name='whiteboy']its not pre order its pre purchase. and in what was pointed out already its a trade in deal. and if you use this deal you must buy MGS twin snakes for 50 dollars.[/quote]

At what point in your original post did you imply that you had to trade in games, or reference any other post or thread in which anyone said that you have to trade in games to get this? There is a reason why everyone had trouble understanding what you were trying to say.

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']"Boxes and instructions required"

What if you bought USED games from them for either PS2, XBOX, And gamecube and never got Boxes and instructions because it was used and came in a cardboard sleeve? Wil they still take it since it there FN fault that it never came with them in the first place?[/quote]

Unfortuantely, I doubt it.

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']"Boxes and instructions required"

What if you bought USED games from them for either PS2, XBOX, And gamecube and never got Boxes and instructions because it was used and came in a cardboard sleeve? Wil they still take it since it there FN fault that it never came with them in the first place?[/quote]

Sadly no, they just started this policy of "games must have boxes + manual" relatively recently, and you're in the unfortunate group who bought their games before. In fact they're still selling games without the original box/manual, but the cut-off has started. It's a good idea, despite the immediate consequences (not being able to sell back a game you just bought from them).

One of the other threads mentioned that some of the stores were excluding anything marked POX in their computer, yesterday i was in EB and I noticed a lot of preowned games with POX on the price sticker(mostly only DC and PS2 games) so if you get a chance to go, take a look for games you want to trade in to see if they have the innitial on them too before you try trading them.

Well, since the ad is idioticly written as many have mentioned, why not use it to your advantage? Try going to your local EB trade-in 4 games while pre-purchasing any of the games previously mentioned.

After you paid for the game, tell them you want your $50 credit. It doesn't really specify that the credit has to go towards that game, it just mentions you get a credit of $50. Sure it says "Only valid on pre-purchase", well for all you know it means you can only get that $50 credit when you pre-purchase any of those games.

Pre-purchase MGS:TS which the actual retail is 39.99, trade-in your 4 games and get your $50 credit. Use that credit as you please.
I might try it next weekend, but hey it doesn't hurt to try.

I know it is not the ultimate deal, but it works if you were going to get any of those games anyways, and was actually gonna pay full price. Then again it might just work good enough if you use that credit towards the game. Hey it is a poorly written ad, see how you are able to use it and which one you prefer, if one doesn't work, the other will.

bread's done
Back