Get a Chance to Beta Test Halo 3 - Sign Up Dec 4

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
via Kotaku:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/halo-3/halo-3-beta-details-announced-218333.php
Along with new details on the upcoming Halo 3 ad set to hit television next week, Microsoft announced new details for the upcoming public beta for the game.

Starting Dec. 4, gamers in North America (sorry the rest of the world) can visit the Halo 3 site and register for a chance to be a part of the public beta test.

The Xbox Live multiplayer public beta, scheduled for spring 2007, will give gamers a chance to playtest the game (duh) and perhaps influence its development. OK, here's the deal, everyone who makes the list needs to demand more pirates in the game. Let's get this done.

To register hit the link on Dec. 4, and then once it's back up submit your app.

Halo 3 Beta Registration: www.halo3.com

IGN:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/748/748270p1.html
Sad news. The previously announced Halo 3 Beta will not be available for every eager Xbox 360 gamer. In a press release teasing the December 4 Halo 3 trailer, Microsoft revealed that gamers will "register for the opportunity to be one of the select members" of the public beta. Just because you love Halo doesn't guarantee you will be able to enjoy the multiplayer experience this spring.

On December 4, the millions of hopefuls can go to halo3.com to sign up for the beta. You thought the Internet hit a crawl as consumers tried frantically to purchase a PS3? This could be worse. The good news is that this likely means fears that Microsoft would charge a premium to play the Beta are unfounded. Some thought Microsoft might control the size of the Beta with a small service fee, but since the Beta will be limited by a selection process, that seems highly unlikely.

The 60-second trailer airs in North America during ESPN's Monday Night Football on December 4. The trailer, which will be available online and on the Xbox Live Marketplace following its television debut, features live action and in-game footage. It promises to offer "telling new hints" about the upcoming first-person shooter.

"Halo is a pop culture phenomenon! The Halo franchise has changed the face of interactive entertainment and it's only fitting that we take an innovative approach to how we market and advertise the brand," said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. "This invites a new audience with a rich back story, and continues to galvanize gamers around the world for the launch of Halo 3 in 2007."

ohhh, shit. sign up on Dec. 4th.

Thread title made it sound like they were starting the test on Dec 4th.

[quote name='Apossum']ohhh, shit. sign up on Dec. 4th.

Thread title made it sound like they were starting the test on Dec 4th.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! Changed.

What exactly does Tag mean? I always assumed it just meant saved-for-later, but is there an actual tag process? where you can virtualy "tag" a thread?

[quote name='PyroGamer']What exactly does Tag mean? I always assumed it just meant saved-for-later, but is there an actual tag process? where you can virtualy "tag" a thread?[/QUOTE]

when you post in a topic, it should pop up in your user CP under the first threads you see there, in the subscribed threads.

[quote name='gofishn']You could just go to where it says "Thread Tools" at the top of the page and click Subscribe.[/quote]Yes, but by us saying "tag" it also bumps the thread to where people checking the board will easily be able to see it and tag it for themselves, rather than search for it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Yes, but by us saying "tag" it also bumps the thread to where people checking the board will easily be able to see it and tag it for themselves, rather than search for it.[/QUOTE]

So thoughtful :)

It'd be cool if some CAG's got the chance to play the beta.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I thought this was going to be an open beta.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's open for signups. :)

At least, they give you that much.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Does anyone know when sign up will begin on the 4th? Also any chance it will be open to people outside the US?[/QUOTE]

"Starting Dec. 4, gamers in North America (sorry the rest of the world) can visit the Halo 3 site and register for a chance to be a part of the public beta test."

Im wondering if anyone is going to try to sell their beta access on ebay if they get chosen....

taking the day off and sitting at my new macbook hitting refresh all night long on the 3rd. PLEASE PLEASE! I encourage all the CAG halo fans to do the same. We need a Halo 3 clan!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Was there any word given that this would actually happen at midnight? I figured it would be at some random time on the 4th.[/QUOTE]
Nope, just being hopefully. Looks like it's not happening. Maybe it will be up after the Halo 3 commercial?

Well, I've played a total of 40 minutes of Halo (not even sure if it was 1 or 2) in my lifetime. I don't think I'm going to qualify for anything :D

bread's done
Back