Get a PS3 now or after e3?

jscrub3

CAG Veteran
I am looking to get a ps3 and i was wondering if i should buy one now or wait until after e3 to see if anything new is announced or something along those lines.

I know its only a few days away but its so hard to be patient.

what do you guys suggest?

Unless there is a killer deal on a system(free games or controllers), wait. There might be a few good ones with Father's Day Weekend coming up. And if you don't have HDMI cables, go to monoprice.com or amazon.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i'm waiting till black friday

new ps3 model [/QUOTE]

Me too. Almost bit last Black Friday, but convinced myself not to. I'm sure the bundles will be even bigger/cheaper this year.

i figure, lock in one price, then if you don't like whatever else comes out, at least you have something. 30 day and 90 day return policies are awesome!

Wait! no doubt! who knows? if you get one now something life changing might be announced at e3! but its your choice! :))

No reason at all to wait.

Sony wont release a new ps3 or anything, at best a new bundle or something with different game in it.

Their big things will be 3d which is just a system update and wont cost anything and the playstation move which is slated for later in the year, which when it comes out youll see ps3 system bundled with it for probablly the same price as buying a ps3 and the move seperate. Rest of their announcements will either involve just games or the psp system.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i'm waiting till black friday

new ps3 model [/QUOTE]

Did you bother reading the article? It said the new skus differ in hard drive size and other ones are debugging model (in otherwords youll never need or get a debugging model).

Thats not a new ps3 model, technically it is but not like your going to get anything big in it.

At very best I would imagine they will bundle the move with a ps3 which will be a new sku, but probablly cost same amount as buying a ps3 with a move setup seperately.

[quote name='gargus']Did you bother reading the article? It said the new skus differ in hard drive size and other ones are debugging model (in otherwords youll never need or get a debugging model).[/QUOTE]
The only difference BETWEEN the two new skus is hard drive size and new debugging models typically indicates new chipsets. 2 new model numbers + new debug units = new chipset probably.

blah blah reading article blah comprehension blah blah

With the possibility of a new chipset, I see no reason to jump out there and grab one today. I'd wait and see if they mention any benefits. If not, meh. You're out a week of game play on a system 3 years old.

[quote name='speedracer']With the possibility of a new chipset, I see no reason to jump out there and grab one today. I'd wait and see if they mention any benefits. If not, meh. You're out a week of game play on a system 3 years old.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it isn't like the system is going to go up in price after E3. Worst case scenario is a bundle sells out, but even that is unlikely in a week. Be patient one more week, though odds are you won't gain nor lose anything.

If there is a bundle you really want, then I would buy it now and not open it until after Sony's keynote. PS3's seem to be selling out pretty quickly where I am and I think it would be better to pick it up now and wait than to wait and miss out on the bundles.

[quote name='speedracer']The only difference BETWEEN the two new skus is hard drive size and new debugging models typically indicates new chipsets. 2 new model numbers + new debug units = new chipset probably.

blah blah reading article blah comprehension blah blah

With the possibility of a new chipset, I see no reason to jump out there and grab one today. I'd wait and see if they mention any benefits. If not, meh. You're out a week of game play on a system 3 years old.[/QUOTE]

This. I think the 2 models with new HDD's will release shortly and the debug units are for future SKU's with new chipsets? Those would release later.

If you must wait then it'll potentially be for a Console + Move bundle, which may save you a bit.

Otherwise, if you're buying one new then just make sure it's the new model with the 40nm (or 45? I can't remember) sized RSX.

screw move, buy console now.
you could be playing now or waiting months for the 'whatever' bundle to come out with 'whatever' game that you probably would have already by then if you get ps3 now

Just buy now, the only thing that they might do is some random bundles, but that has already been reported on such as the MLB 10 bundle. Otherwise you'll be waiting till the Fall for a price cut or a new sku since Sony only just recently released the new chipset, which they'll just continue on doing, so if you wait for a new chipset each time, you'll end up waiting forever.

I'd say just grab one now if you want it. The latest bundle comes with Little Big Planet GOTY and a HDMI cable. If thats not your cup of tea then just buy a PS3 with whatever game you want. Nothing major is gonna happen to the PS3 hardware wise. All of them support 3D gaming already. Ultimately it's your choice. Have fun with whatever you do.:cool:

[quote name='PaoMo']Wait! no doubt! who knows? if you get one now something life changing might be announced at e3! but its your choice! :))[/QUOTE]
Nothing about gaming is life changing for me, unless they suddenly made the PS3 able to print US currency and only make it able to print hundred dollar bills. :D Then I'd buy 1000 of those bitches(with the notes my current slim would be printing) and have 'em making me rich 24/7.

Otherwise, I'll live if I don't get the latest and greatest game right as it's released.

To the OP: WAIT!!

[quote name='gargus']Did you bother reading the article? It said the new skus differ in hard drive size and other ones are debugging model (in otherwords youll never need or get a debugging model).

Thats not a new ps3 model, technically it is but not like your going to get anything big in it.

At very best I would imagine they will bundle the move with a ps3 which will be a new sku, but probablly cost same amount as buying a ps3 with a move setup seperately.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should heed your own advice?

Don't buy now. Wait until after E3. There's no point in buying it a week early if something is potentially announced at E3. Wait 5 days!

[quote name='Spanky']I'd say just grab one now if you want it. The latest bundle comes with Little Big Planet GOTY and a HDMI cable. If thats not your cup of tea then just buy a PS3 with whatever game you want. Nothing major is gonna happen to the PS3 hardware wise. All of them support 3D gaming already. Ultimately it's your choice. Have fun with whatever you do.:cool:[/QUOTE]

dude an hdmi cable is like $3 shipped

In my opinion, I could assume it should be supposed if Sony announces PS3's price would be dropped when Sony launches PS4 out. :D

bread's done
Back