Get Back At GameStop Through Amazon

fwacce

CAGiversary!
GameStop just started selling used games through their GameStop Outlet arm through Amazon. Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005CFHG

Of course they say the same crap on there: Guaranteed to work. May not include box or instructions... However they list the condition as Good. According to this page Good requires you to have the instructions and original packaging:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/1161242/ref=br_bx_c_2_0/102-2542696-1572955

If you order and they send you one not complete, just complain to Amazon. They will give it to you for free. After enough times, they will force them to clarify if it has instructions or not. I'm sure some here may find this trivial, but this is a company that only tries to bleed gamers dry without any care to what they actually do to the industry. They killed EB, which is enough for me to hate them.

Kick ass! I will have to try it out. I honeslty hope that I get a game with no intructions, not so I can get it free but so I have legitimate reason to bitch at GS.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.

Nowhere does it say that if it's "Good" it will come with instructions- it simply says that there "may" be signs of wear/damage to them. It never says it would come with eiter.

[quote name='djkunai']
Nowhere does it say that if it's "Good" it will come with instructions- it simply says that there "may" be signs of wear/damage to them. It never says it would come with eiter.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree . . . I think its unlikely you will win.

So, if it's marked "Very Good" but they send you an incomplete game, you can bitch to Amazon and keep it for free???

• Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
  • Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
I would say that logically anything above "Acceptable" should contain intructions and box.

[quote name='dtarasev']
  • Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
  • Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
I would say that logically anything above "Acceptable" should contain intructions and box.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a sound argument to me :)

tired it out with mario kart ds... it will be here in a few week or so, ill let you know if ill even get the chance to argue

here is a second way to get back at gamestop. if you see a used game you want and you want it to be complete, order like a gazillion copies of that game and use the freeshipall code. Find one copy that is complete and return the remaining copies (hopefully, there will be at least one manual and original case in the lot).

[quote name='wbc1228']here is a second way to get back at gamestop. if you see a used game you want and you want it to be complete, order like a gazillion copies of that game and use the freeshipall code. Find one copy that is complete and return the remaining copies (hopefully, there will be at least one manual and original case in the lot).[/quote]

:lol: Wouldn't the return shipping really suck? Or do they finally take instore returns at GS? i think you could only do this once per location though.

bread's done
Back