Get Brutal Legend or NFS Shift for 19.99 at Gamestop after 2 eligible trade-ins.

Well, let's get rolling, guys. Which of these games are on clearance somewhere?

And allow me to beat others to the punch. We all realize this promo completely sucks for many of these games. They are fairly new, and even with GS' often weak base TIVs, you'd actually get more by just trading them straight-up. But generally, some of the titles end up being on clearance at Target/Sears/etc for under $10, so you can save some coin if you're lucky.

Lol really? Rogue warrior is on the list? Yeah, that'll be coming out before brutal legend..

Skimmed through the list, good freaking luck. Might be decent if you already have two of the titles and don't want them anymore, but you need to be able to buy both at 30$ or less to bother with this over getting it at amazon.

These deals are a load of shit. 20 dollar trade in value is supposed to impress me? 90% of the games on their lists are still 60 bucks, but to be fair, once in a while there will be a few games that can be had for cheap

Only at the shithole that is EB/GS is getting 20 bucks for games they sell for 60 considered a "deal"

This list is pretty bunk; too many newer titles on there. The last time they did a deal similar to this (trade 3 for FNR4), there were a TON of titles that could have been found at Target clearance, BBV B2G1, etc...but these pickin's look pretty slim. Amazon will surely offer Brutal Legend for around $50 with no tax, and they just had NFS: Shift on sale for $40 last week. You're pretty much getting taken having to trade 2 of any of those games and still outlay $20, IMHO.

anybody planning on doing this should consult the GS TIV thread to make sure they're not actually losing some value by doing so. There are quite a few combinations you could make from that list where you'd be dropping profit a bit.

If you're looking to trade in Fifa 09 as one of your games, though, this is probably a killer deal.

could you change the title to what the deal really is.. got my hopes all up.

its a crappier deal when thinking about bestbuy and Amazon just had NFS Shift on sale for 39.99.

I only have 4 games on that list, and there's no way in hell I'm giving any of them up. Especially BlazBlue. *hugs his copy*

[quote name='MetalDragonKing']So can you trade in 2 copies of the same game(Halo 3)and get this deal?[/QUOTE]

that probably ranges from highly unlikely to a definite no. all the stores around me are very strict in that they cannot and will not accept more than one copy of a game.

[quote name='MetalDragonKing']So can you trade in 2 copies of the same game(Halo 3)and get this deal?[/QUOTE]

No, not unless you get a dumb employee. GameStop doesn't take trade ins of more than 1 copy of the same game.

The FNR4 deal was pretty good. The Gamestop employees at my local store were actually surprised that some of the older games I brought in were on the list. This doesn't seem nearly as easy to come out ahead on, but thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='ProggleRock']I only have 4 games on that list, and there's no way in hell I'm giving any of them up. Especially BlazBlue. *hugs his copy*[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about RB 2 & I wouldn't trade it in even if I could get Brutal Legend for 20 bucks with just my RB 2. Although the Brutal Legend Demo did leave me wanting more.

Yeah sorry about not putting trade in in the title it's my first post I was trying to make it as short as possible

I can say no, because they assume that the second copy is stolen unless you have proof of purchase.

Happened to a friend who tried to use 2 Quantum of Solaces form the BB 10 dollar deal for Fight Night Round 4.

I might go for this. Trade in my copy of fallout 3 and killzone 2. I stopped playing killzone 2 and Fallout 3 GOTY is coming out. I rather spend $50 including ECA. I paid $30 for fallout 3 and it will cost me $50 for the DLCs

lol...some of these games aren't even out yet. Like another poster wrote, some of those games have a higher trade-in value than 20 dollars credit. This "deal" is a hot, stinky turd.

It can't be bait and switch when the person posting it has nothing to do with the company. It's just a poor choice of words that needs to fixed (EDIT: Was fixed). Besides, anyone who has been on CAG for any amount of time should realize GS isn't gonna sell you newly released games for $20.

I think GS got their butts handed to them on the FNR4 promo, hence the "newer/not even released" titles eligible. We'll just have to wait until the big boys (Sears,Target,Kmart,BBV) do their October clearances.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It can't be bait and switch when the person posting it has nothing to do with the company. It's just a poor choice of words that needs to fixed (EDIT: Was fixed). Besides, anyone who has been on CAG for any amount of time should realize GS isn't gonna sell you newly released games for $20.[/QUOTE]
JFC, let's argue semantics when I was clearly saying it's misleading. CMN.

/nerdrage

Dynasty Warriors 6 is on clearance at target for under 10 bucks and it is on the list of Xbox 360 games.

The funny thing is some of the Ps3 games on that list if you trade with the extra 30% coupon would net you more credit than either of these games cost new lol, even more if you include edge 10%.

Yeah, the majority of the time, unless you have some of the oldest possible games eligable on the list, its a rip off. (Though i lucked out and found 3 of the games for the Fight Night 4 deal they had at Blockbuster for under 25 dollars, so i technically got it for only 25 bucks)

I got my copy of Brutal Legend for $44 after gaming credit and ECA discount. This costs ~$22 (w/ tax) and 2 games, so figure on saving only $11 per game here. It's an okay deal if you have two games on the list that you want to get rid of but you could probably get more through fleabay.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, let's get rolling, guys. Which of these games are on clearance somewhere?

And allow me to beat others to the punch. We all realize this promo completely sucks for many of these games. They are fairly new, and even with GS' often weak base TIVs, you'd actually get more by just trading them straight-up. But generally, some of the titles end up being on clearance at Target/Sears/etc for under $10, so you can save some coin if you're lucky.[/QUOTE]

I like how no one apparently read this post except for whoever posted about Dynasty Warriors being on clearance. At least someone can read!

Ok, so back to the spirit of the topic......

I saw Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires on clearance at the Target near me. I will check the value today on the way home.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I like how no one apparently read this post except for whoever posted about Dynasty Warriors being on clearance. At least someone can read![/QUOTE]

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, so back to the spirit of the topic......

I saw Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires on clearance at the Target near me. I will check the value today on the way home.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Yeah, I think we all saw that coming. People would much rather complain about GS than actually be of any use to anyone. This list definitely stinks compared to the FNR4 deal, though. Still, a dozen of the same posts...they really aren't needed. We get it.

Well to my point you still need to get the games for less than $11 after tax to be saving any money at all over the amazon deal. Not to mention the gas and/or hassle. Clearances are never that good around me, but hopefully someone can find some cheap games and make this work for them though.

[quote name='IRHari']awful deal is AWFUL[/QUOTE]

Even worse if you consider you could have bought Shift for 35.99 last week from amazon.com. 2 new or not even released titles AND 20 bones for a game you could have snagged for 35.99. OUCH!

Just a quick heads up to anyone who's thinking about getting Dynasty Warriors 6 at Target for under $10. First off, I'm just going on what someone else said earlier about the price but second, theres a Dynasty Warriors 6 and a Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. Empires is new, i think, so make sure that you're buying Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires if it as at all on sale. In other news, this deal sucks my balls.

Well I picked up Tales of Vesperia for $13.50 in the Amazon deal a few weeks back, and I was planning on ditching it anyway once I've finished it (which I almost have). If I can find one more to match with it, this won't be a bad deal at all for me. :)

Looks like they learned from last time giving $20 for copies of games they charge $17 for..

Although, find some of these at $7.50/$5 target clearance and you save yourself $25ish on Brutal Legend. I guess the $20 cash part is there to reduce the flipping and returning stuff.

I saw The Bigs 2 (360) on clearance today @ Target for 27.98 - not worth it yet. Motorstorm Pacific Rift was clearanced earlier this year.

I can see them having a rip off deal like this for Brutal Legend, but for a game that is over a month old, why bother? It will be on clearance this time next month everywhere just like every other need for speed game.

Gamestop has the mentality 'the company is always right'. Amazon has the mentality 'the customer is always right'. Seriously, I rarely see deals or price drops from Gamestop. Why would you EVER buy online from gamestop when you can get it from Amazon? Pre order bonus maybe. Only reason I've ever shopped at Gamestop B&M is when I want something on release date and I don't want to pay for faster shipping.

fuck Gamestop and fuck this deal. Gotta love a company who does not give back to the consumer. Sure some of us here will find a few these on clearance or at a resell shop. Basically to the average consumer Gamestop is asking you to pay $140 for one of these titles. Keep up that expansion Play & Trade.

Brutal Legend demo was fun, but I don't want to trade 2 games for it. I can wait for this to drop in price....tempting. If it was like the FNR4 FREE deal, then MAYBE. But the $20 is not for me.

wow the list is becoming smaller and smaller when gamestop is giving these deals, good thing I ended up with about $300 extra from the fight night trade in promo

The only thing I see worth trading for this deal is if you find DW 6 empires for $10 at Target and grabbing Halo 3 on goozex.com for 400 pts. Also Ice Age for Ps3 is 650 pts Other games are still high in pts right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back