Get FF7 on your PS3 from the PSN (Japan only)

Arakias

CAGiversary!
Feedback
116 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5206591/play-final-fantasy-vii-on-your-ps3-now?skyline=true&s=x

Or play it on your PSP, even. That is, if you have a Japanese PSN account. Today, Square Enix released Final Fantasy VII International on the PlayStation Network.

Final Fantasy VII International is how Square Enix re-released the new and improved American version in Japan on the PlayStation. The International version featured improvements like on-screen arrows, an enhanced management system and an added cut scene that helped explain Cloud's past.

The Japanese language game is priced at ¥1,500 (US$14.93) on the PSN.

I wonder if they release it in the US, they can cut down the summon times...

I didnt see it posted already so just wanted to share.

OK, it says "Japanese language game," so is that implying that it has no option for English? It seems like if it were the improved American version, they might have an option for English as well...

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like theres no option for English.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see it happening in the US until Square-E actually has a PS1 title on the US PSN Store, or until FFVII AC Complete releases.

This was released on the Jpn PSN because of the near release of FFVII AC Complete in that territory.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't see it happening in the US until Square-E actually has a PS1 title on the US PSN Store, or until FFVII AC Complete releases.

This was released on the Jpn PSN because of the near release of FFVII AC Complete in that territory.[/QUOTE]

Well Sony owns the right for FFVII in the US

Man, they really need to get more PS1 games in the store... I'm not too big of a fan of downloadable games but even I'd buy some PS1 games again just for the convenience of having them there.

we can hope that they are coming out soon but virtual console will have the old ones. that has been announced by nintendo. we will probably seen 1-6 on VC and then 7-12 on PS3 if they ever get the PS2 issue fixed.

[quote name='javeryh']You could play it on your PSP using CFW if you wanted to assuming you had the game to rip.[/quote]

I've beaten FF7 twice that way. I should rip 9. It's the only PS1 FF that I've only played once.

"This should come to the US."

:lol: Fat fuckin' chance. For all of Sony's mistakes this generation, the ignoring and complete shitjob SCEA's done with PSOne titles is, to me, the most consistently infuriating. I would love to literally, not metaphorically, kick whoever is in charge of these releases in the fuckin' skull, slash their tires, and shit in their mailbox. It's that aggravating.

In other words, folks it's to to either follow javeryh's advice, or brush up on yer Japanese. This, like any more PSOne games ever, stands as much chance of showing up in the US store as Halo 3 does.

Ah, I just had a look...indeed it is...and Japanese language only. Actually, looking more into the games they have on the Japanese PSN, its starting to make me feel like mykevermin up there...

[quote name='willardhaven']What do they mean by "on-screen arrows"?[/QUOTE]

IF you gotta ask... you can't afford it

[quote name='willardhaven']What do they mean by "on-screen arrows"?[/QUOTE]

It was in the US release as well. You can hit a button (L1?) and arrows would appear on screen that showed possible exits from the screen.

EDIT - It's the select button.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with Myke, there is a shit-ton of money to be made through PS1 titles being brought to the PSN yet SCEA are being fucktards about it and totally avoiding this option. It seems they'd rather release one lame title every two months than a lame title ever week with a decent title every two.

My only hope is that SCEA fucks the PS3 up so bad that Sony has no option but to can their asses and get people in who KNOW what the gaming community wants. I don't think there's a single gamer who would say "No, I'd rather NOT have those classic PS1 games available to me, thank you."

Idiots .....

Do you guys have any proof of SCEA blocking PS1 games? It could be the US publishers who doesn't want to bother. Even if the game is developed by Japanese company, US publisher could still have the publishing rights in US.

bread's done
Back