Get RETRO magazine subscription for $25

sparklepuss

CAGiversary!
1504142_619418284780533_6781562850171907709_n.jpg

RETRO is running a deal until next Sunday. Go to http://readretro.com/subscribe/ and use code "LONGLIVERETRO" and get a print + digital sub for $25. Cover price is $42, so this is a pretty awesome deal. They completely sold out of issue #1, and issue #2 is about sold out. It looks great on my shelf ;)

Got my first issue (since I backed the magazine) with tears on the cover and wasn't a post office mistake, not sure how it passed QA.

I always get confused by these posts and think this is "Retro Gaming Magazine" which had the name first and is an infinetly better magazine in my opinion.

Got my first issue (since I backed the magazine) with tears on the cover and wasn't a post office mistake, not sure how it passed QA.
Please let me know where I can send you a replacement.

Mike Kennedy

Publisher | RETRO

Last edited by a moderator:
I always get confused by these posts and think this is "Retro Gaming Magazine" which had the name first and is an infinetly better magazine in my opinion.
Yeah the real retro magazine is a amazing magazine. This one is just another game magazine that thanks to a bunch of other magazines and the internet has no reason to even exist.

Really though if you have access to the internet and a subscription to pc gamer and game informer you don't need anything else as any other magazine just repeats what you find in those other 3 sources.

Thanks for this, Op!  I have been waiting for a great deal on this, since I had trouble signing up for the initial run.  Super excited to receive my first issue!

I was a backer, and I don't regret it, but, to be honest, my opinion has been a little mixed. There have been TONS of things that editing should've picked up and corrected before the magazine went to print that simply weren't. Between the grammatical and spelling errors that litter the magazine, it looks as if it is written and edited by a 3rd grader.

Also, we hit the stretch goal for contributors, but where is Ryan Scott? To be honest, he's the only reason I backed this in the first place.

I do like the looks back on systems from an earlier age, but it feels like 90% of the content is about new, indie titles that are trying to go for a retro spin. I suppose I was looking more for a magazine with in-depth articles about the 8-16 bit eras of gaming, and clearly, from the shallow nature of the two issues that have been released, that just isn't what this magazine is about.

At least it's printed on decent paper stock, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the looks back on systems from an earlier age, but it feels like 90% of the content is about new, indie titles that are trying to go for a retro spin. I suppose I was looking more for a magazine with in-depth articles about the 8-16 bit eras of gaming, and clearly, from the shallow nature of the two issues that have been released, that just isn't what this magazine is about.
The cover of the first issue is Might No. 9, a game that's not even out yet. Why did you expect real retro?

Because the original pitch for the magazine made it sound like it would be a 90/10 split between true retro and newer games with a retro slant.

Time is flying!  Already publishing our third issue of RETRO and its for all you RPG lovers out there!  Are you a subscriber yet?  Also, some big news as RETRO has been approved by Barnes and Noble for national distribution.  We hope to have this all set up by the release of our 4th issue in July!

Check out our issue #3 preview and also score some great print or digital subscription discounts!  Come join us!

http://readretro.com/news/retro-magazine-issue-3-preview-special-subscription-offer/

bread's done
Back