Get the Mighty Mewtwo!

AbaddonX

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up. First time posting a thread hope its in the right place and there isn't one on this yet.

"You'll have a new opportunity to get the Legendary Mewtwo once again! Starting on February 12th, you can receive Mewtwo for your Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version game. Take part in a limited-time distribution event to get this amazing Pokémon. This Mewtwo is incredibly strong and fast, and it even has an exclusive move that Mewtwo cannot normally learn!"

"\/ LINK \/"
http://www.pokemon.com/us/ex/mewtwo/get-mewtwo

I can't get this to work, on my dsi I can't get Internet but I have Internet connection on my 3ds. So I use my 3ds and start up the game, I do all the steps but I can't connect to nintendo WFC. It says no access point in range but when I quit the game I have full connection on the 3ds home menu. Amy help?

[quote name='garrett007']I can't get this to work, on my dsi I can't get Internet but I have Internet connection on my 3ds. So I use my 3ds and start up the game, I do all the steps but I can't connect to nintendo WFC. It says no access point in range but when I quit the game I have full connection on the 3ds home menu. Amy help?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried from the start up menu go to "Nintendo WFC Settings", it's the second to last option. In there set up your WiFi and it should work. I had to do that just now to get it working.

Thanks OP! I got my Mewtwo.

[quote name='garrett007']I can't get this to work, on my dsi I can't get Internet but I have Internet connection on my 3ds. So I use my 3ds and start up the game, I do all the steps but I can't connect to nintendo WFC. It says no access point in range but when I quit the game I have full connection on the 3ds home menu. Amy help?[/QUOTE]
I have a similar problem, this is how I fix it:

1) Go into your router's settings page, this is normally accessed by typing in your local IP into your browser's address bar. To find your IP, open CMD and type in 'ipconfig' (without quotes) and look for Default Gateway. Mine is 192.168.1.1, type that into your address bar. It should prompt you to enter a username and password, by default these are 'admin' and 'password' (without quotes)

2) Once to the page, look for something like Wireless Settings.

3) If you have found it, there should be a 'Mode' dropdown menu, if the option is there, try setting it to 'Up to 54Mbps b/g only'

4) Try connecting, if this worked, congratulations! don't forget to change it back after you're done.

If it didn't work, try changing the mode to one of the other ones.

You could also try manually adding the IP and password to your access points.

Awesome, I haven't really played White since November (everytime I've started to play again, I forgot what I was doing and feel lost) but I'll do this to get my Mewtwo!

[quote name='tankyroo']I have a similar problem, this is how I fix it:

1) Go into your router's settings page, this is normally accessed by typing in your local IP into your browser's address bar. To find your IP, open CMD and type in 'ipconfig' (without quotes) and look for Default Gateway. Mine is 192.168.1.1, type that into your address bar. It should prompt you to enter a username and password, by default these are 'admin' and 'password' (without quotes)

2) Once to the page, look for something like Wireless Settings.

3) If you have found it, there should be a 'Mode' dropdown menu, if the option is there, try setting it to 'Up to 54Mbps b/g only'

4) Try connecting, if this worked, congratulations! don't forget to change it back after you're done.

If it didn't work, try changing the mode to one of the other ones.

You could also try manually adding the IP and password to your access points.[/QUOTE]

Edit: I got it to work thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got him this morning, thanks OP. I'm gonna probably resume my save file now haha. Do you know if they do give-aways like this often? I know that you can get Pokemon from the Dream World, as that's how I got my Dratini...

[quote name='hk1200']I just got him this morning, thanks OP. I'm gonna probably resume my save file now haha. Do you know if they do give-aways like this often? I know that you can get Pokemon from the Dream World, as that's how I got my Dratini...[/QUOTE]
They've done a few, you could get Zoroark from toys r us a few months ago, and they had two times that you could get Victini over mystery gift. I might be forgetting one as well.

It looks like you can also get a Arceus and Mammoswine from Pokemon Global Link right now.

The password for Arceus is ARCEUSVOTE
The password for Mammoswine is POKEMONDOTCOM

In game, click on wireless (the orange), and enter the Entralink, once there go north and enter the forest, there you will find the pokemon.

Some of the pokemon aren't in the first section, so you will have to go looking for it.

[quote name='tankyroo']It looks like you can also get a Arceus and Mammoswine from Pokemon Global Link right now.

The password for Arceus is ARCEUSVOTE
The password for Mammoswine is POKEMONDOTCOM[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna try this right now. I hope it works, Arceus is a cool Pokemon, not sure what Mammoswine is but I'll take it.

[quote name='tankyroo']I have a similar problem, this is how I fix it:

[Snip]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on Mewtwo, and thanks tankyroo for this suggestion! My router was broadcasting in 11g only -- switched to mixed mode, removed the security setting and that finally worked :D

So glad I bought the official Wifi USB connector -- that thing has only ever worked once. Goddamn Nintendo can't make this shit easy.

[quote name='ZForce']How do these passwords work? I'd like to get Arceus[/QUOTE]

Go into Pokemon White/Black, and let a Pokemon sleep/game sync if you already have a Global Link account
Then go to the Pokemon Global Link website. If you don't have an account, make one and link your game
After you're logged in, hit promotions in the bottom right
Select the promotion you wish to enter a password for (There are three right now, two free ones and one that requires a serial from a specially marked game from Target)
Then go into the Dream World if you wish, and go through that to get another Pokemon (that is optional)
Select "Leave Dreamworld, wake up Pokemon"
Go back into your game and Game Sync once again
Go into the world used for getting pokemon from the Dream world (I forget what its called, the far right on the transceiver)
You'll see the pokemon fro the promotion in a forest, catch them with a Dream Ball, leave the forest.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been really wanting to get back into Pokemon White but haven't played in a few months so I'm gonna be super lost. Need to check out Global Link as well.

bread's done
Back