Getting airplane tickets

assassinX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I need help buying airplane tickets from LAX to Calgary Alberta. What sites do I use and how would I get the lowest price available? The departure date thats not really matter as long as its within July and the return date has to be about 5 or 6 weeks from the departure date.

Try Priceline, Farecast, Hotwire, Orbitz to get an idea of rates and which airlines are available.

Then visit the individual airlines' websites to see if they offer a better deal than the travel websites.

I think I read that Wednesday mornings are the best time to book since that's when prices are generally lowest, so if you can wait a week, check back from time to time to see if the fare has gone down.

I like kayak.com. It doesn't sell tickets. It is a site aggregator for sites like expedia etc. to find the best online pricing. I also like that you can tweak a bunch of variables (like layover times) to home in on just the right flight for you.

I'm tagging this so I remember to check it out when I get home. I'm heading out to CA in August, and cheap airfare would be nice.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays (EARLY in the morning, sometimes right after midnight) are the best times to check prices, depending on the airline. Also, flying on off-peak days (Wednesdays/Saturdays normally depending on the destination) can help keep prices down as well.

I use kayak quite a bit, as well.

How would I get the lowest price available? The departure date thats not really matter as long as its within September and the return date has to be about 5 or 6 weeks from the departure date.....kinky talk

bread's done
Back