Getting boxart from GameStop for PSP bundled games

Buuhan1

CAGiversary!
As most are aware US PSP bundles (or atleast GameStop's) don't include the bundled game's case and boxart, instead the UMD comes in a slip-sleeve and the manual. Getting a PSP case from GameStop is no problem, they offer them like mints... but the boxart is another matter. My printer sucks and I refuse to keep printing out godawful boxart, especially when I should be entitled to the professionally printed boxart in the first place.

My question is, is there anyway to get GameStop to fork over the boxart, or is there no way cause that'd leave a new copy of the game on the shelve with their poor-man's boxart on it which no one would buy new?

You can't get box art from GameStop. The only box art that they have is their own, and they only put that on boxes that are sold to them without a case. Also, most new copies are sealed, so they can't get the box art out without peeling off the plastic, and if they do that, they can't sell it as new anymore. It's also not their decision that the games come in the sleeves. Sony does that to save money when they make the bundles.

I bet you could go to any kinko's or other copy center with a high quality JPEG and find the right type of paper to get a print on for less than $2 or $3

[quote name='blaine878']You can't get box art from GameStop. The only box art that they have is their own, and they only put that on boxes that are sold to them without a case. Also, most new copies are sealed, so they can't get the box art out without peeling off the plastic, and if they do that, they can't sell it as new anymore. It's also not their decision that the games come in the sleeves. Sony does that to save money when they make the bundles.[/QUOTE]

... GameStop unwraps all their new games.

Not all of them...but a lot of them. But with the new games they do unwrap, the cases are accounted for when they sell that new game.

Well, I'll try. If they choose not to, then I may choose to be a dick for the first time IRL.

No, probably not, but I'd sure want to.

bread's done
Back