Getting DirectTV. Few questions

Judhudson

CAGiversary!
Yesterday was a great day! Went to a car show to support toys for tots, and my dad was the lucky one who won the grand door prize drawing - an $800 value from DirectTV to install a satellite, 3 boxes, etc. :applause:

The funny thing is, a week before my dad started to look into DirectTV as we are getting tired with knology.

Anyways, I was thinking this is a perfect time to see about asking this question. Is there such a box that they provide that will accept S-Video? I'd love to get a little more out of my tv and found out that it does do S-Video. I was planning on getting an HDTV but chances are, that'll have to wait for some time. And if it does accept S-Video, what would I have to do/buy if I wanted to hook up my Wii with S-Video? I've got the cables and I hope it'll still be possible to use them.

i miss direct tv. i couldnt get it where i llive now due to trees being in the way so i had to got with comcast which their on demand service isnt ad but it isnt as cheap as satellite but on the positive side you dont have to commit to a contract.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Standard DirecTV receivers have an S Video Out jack.[/quote]

That's great!!!

So if I wanted to hook my Wii up, does the Wii S-Video Cable go into the Reciever?

Also, I'd have to buy the cable that goes from the Reciever to the TV at a store, or does DirectTV supply that?

Sorry for the questions....I'm just a little excited here :)

[quote name='Judhudson']That's great!!!

So if I wanted to hook my Wii up, does the Wii S-Video Cable go into the Reciever?

Also, I'd have to buy the cable that goes from the Reciever to the TV at a store, or does DirectTV supply that?

Sorry for the questions....I'm just a little excited here :)[/quote]Damned if I know, I don't have a Wii. I just looked on the back of my receiver, and saw an S Video Out plug.

bread's done
Back