Getting weird audio whines and staticy clicks. Help please.

Sofa King Kool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Whenever I have my headphones plugged into my laptop, I can hear these vary faint, high pitched whines and staticy clicks. It seems to happen whenever a default computer noise plays, for instance, the "Begin Navigation" noise. I'll click to go int a folder, and I hear a staticy click, followed by a faint high pitched squeal. It lasts for a few seconds, then disappears with another staticy click. I also get a few clicks whenever iTunes opens for some reason.

Is there something wrong, or are these just the little noises I could never hear before I got my audiophile quality headphones?

It's probably interference that you can't really do anything about. I noticed a lot of interference that sounds similar to yours on my last computer build so I just bought a cheap sound card. However there was a sound setting or two on it that reduced the noise. Check through your sound settings and try seeing if muting anything reduces the static (I had a setting called "PC Beep" that helped out some).

[quote name='DrFoo']It's probably interference that you can't really do anything about. I noticed a lot of interference that sounds similar to yours on my last computer build so I just bought a cheap sound card. However there was a sound setting or two on it that reduced the noise. Check through your sound settings and try seeing if muting anything reduces the static (I had a setting called "PC Beep" that helped out some).[/quote]

Yeah, I found "PC Beep" and muted it, which helped a lot, but I still get a few clicks and whines here and there. But, I suppose it's just some weird audio feedback I can't do anything about.

Speaking of the "PC Beep" setting, why on Earth would they purposely include an annoying noise that could be turned on/off?

bread's done
Back