Getting what you want with GS B2G4F BluRay

larryface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I saw the other thread, but the info seems to be muddled and scattered about, so I thought I'd repost it for conveniences sake. Goodness within.

The offer is indeed Buy 2, Get 4 Free. This is an automated promotion through gamestop's POS with no coupon required. It should be valid at every gamestop store. Many have noted that gamestop stores which actually carry blu-rays only have a two or three good titles, and maybe only one of those is worth owning. Well, that works out for you as many blu-rays at gamestop trade in for $7. Sure, just as many more trade for $3-3.50, but chances are your better titles are trading for $7 and reselling for $17.99.

What this means, is that you can trade in four blu-rays you already own, potentially netting $30.80 in credit ($7 each, +10% edge card) and then use that credit to buy two Blu's at the store and get the four you traded in back for free. Most likely the blu-rays will all sell for $17.99. So take off edge card discount and double it, you are looking at roughly $32.40. This means you can pick up two blu-ray movies for under $2.

What you should do first:

• Make sure you price your blu's GS resell value and their trade value. You are hoping to get near $7 apiece and that they resell for $17.99
  • Make sure whoever is working at the store understands your plan and won't try to prevent you from re-purchasing your original blu-rays
  • Don't forget your edge card :cool:
Hope this clears things and and gives some ideas for how you can bolster your blu-ray collection for very, very cheap.

[quote name='larryface'][*]Make sure whoever is working at the store understands your plan and won't try to prevent you from re-purchasing your original blu-rays[/quote]

Good luck with this part.

So, it seems like the better plan is to trade in the Blu Rays you don't want. Just pick six random titles to get the two-three, whatever you want. Then you'll have the GS credit which at some point you will use.

Are you sure GS still accepts BRs for trade?
I was told by one manager over a month ago, they stopped taking them...

Yah if they had better titles and I was sure to get my movies back I might try this. Good effort. It sucks that I am friends with everyone at my GS but they like to keep things on the up-and-up. Well, I guess that's good for them and their jobs, but it sucks for penny guides and stuff like this :p

[quote name='donut']Are you sure GS still accepts BRs for trade?
I was told by one manager over a month ago, they stopped taking them...[/QUOTE]

it seems to depend on the store. some stores no longer want to stock dvd/blu rays so they no longer take them.

Very cool thread. Now to find a friend at Gamestop. Seriously, Gamestop always comes up with these hair-brained deals for us to exploit.

As with all gamestops, ymmv on selection. Some have stopped taking blu-rays, but all in the denver area still seem to. Shrug it off if you want, but I'm happy with my copies of Cloverfield and I am Legend that I got for less than a buck apiece.

And yeah, alot of the employees are idiots, but surely you have the social grace to prpoerly convey your plan to a minimum wage git who could care less what you buy and trade.

Yeah like its been mentioned almost no gamestop stores stock movies anymore let alone buy them back. Those that do will most likely flat out reject you for trying this.

All the GameStops in my area no longer accept DVDs or HD-DVDs, but they still take Blu-Rays in for trade/credit. This is in the Hi-Desert area in So. Cal.

Was at a store today that had 10,000 B.C. and some random horror movie on blu-ray. They were cool with me trading in 4 and rebuying them...but the movies I brought in weren't worth enough...

No Country for Old Men $7
Oldboy $2.50
The Orphanage "not in system"
Pan's Labyrinth $3.10

Morale of the story, make sure you bring in movies like PotC At World's End, Cars, and other huge Hollywood releases.

ill have to look into this. dont have blu rays to trade in but even if there are 6 decent titles..helps build the blu ray collection up

i was actually lucky enough to find 12 movies so far i wouldnt mind owning for 5.50 a piece. all have been in mint condition and the only thing annoying is the price stickers on the actually cover insert. any suggestions to remove this? im might see if i can find a couple more in the surrounding 10 gamestops.

[quote name='Animal7390']i was actually lucky enough to find 12 movies so far i wouldnt mind owning for 5.50 a piece. all have been in mint condition and the only thing annoying is the price stickers on the actually cover insert. any suggestions to remove this? im might see if i can find a couple more in the surrounding 10 gamestops.[/quote]
Try using a hair dryer on it first on low setting to make the sticker easier to remove. I used to work for a GameStop and I'm pretty sure my co-workers would've let you do this deal for them.

bread's done
Back