GGCs in Bay Area Best Buys?

JohnnyDrama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Do they even exist in the Best Buy stores in the bay? I haven't bought one in a long time, and I remember them placed right in the video game section, but I don't see them there anymore. The last time I saw one the $5 coupon was expired, so it wouldn't have worked.

It's not just the Bay Area...try any of the SoCal Best Buy's...they all suck serious ass.

Their selection is horrible, any deals you hear about are all wiped out immediately or probably before, by the staff, and only one store in LA has the GGC in stock. I won't mention which one because I need to stock up.

I've actually found them at different BB's at different times. I usually go to the one on Masonic in the city. There were stacks of them. Another time, I was in Mountain View and picked up quite a few there too. They probably just come and go.

I see them all the time in the South Bay. I get them regularly from the one in Sunnyvale, and I've purchased them from the Santa Clara one and Mountain View one (just did that yesterday actually). The only one I never seem to find one at near me is the Almaden one.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Emeryville BB has tons.[/quote]

I concur with CouRageous. There are alots of cards there. The game selection is not so good though.

[quote name='imascrub']what's a GGC if you don't mind my asking?[/QUOTE]
Gamer's Gift Card, it comes with a coupon for $5 off a game, but I can't remember if the game has to be at least $19.99 or $29.99

the mountain view best buy is where i always find GGCs too...the gift cards are good for games (and accessories, i think) $19.99 and up. Perfect for the cheap $19.99 ds games. :)

I went to the Emeryville best buy this past Sunday and all I found were the Xbox gift game cards. I was looking for Nintendo specifically.

They're scarce around here. I NEVER see em in sunnyvale or milpitas. I used to buy 2-3 at a time @ Milpitas putting 5 bucks on each card, but then they just stopped restocking them.

I got lucky once and found 10 at the Santana Row BB. Sorry about the hoarding, but those 10 GGC's are my supply for the next several months. No way telling when you'll ever see em again.

Usually Emeryville BB has them. They're kind of an odd duck though... some days they have loads of them. Other days they do not.

bread's done
Back