GGT 105 : In Memorandum of Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe in later levels -- I thought it was a waste of an action skill, not as bad as the bloodwing, but not nearly as useful as the turret or the rage trigger.[/QUOTE]
Bloodwing's actually the second best in the game next to the turret. Purple haired girl mained the Hunter and spec'd the bird so that he'd take out all enemies within his range in one hit and would not come back until he'd killed them all. That may seem easily countered with a low range, but she powered up the range till it was basically every enemy that could hit you from anywhere.

fuckin' Bloodwing also could take out most bosses in one hit (Hanz, Franz, Sledge, etc).

Bloodwing's a HUGE help in Moxxi's Underdome, too, since he's not tied to one spot like the turret. Cooldown only took 4 seconds, too.
[quote name='jman619']To anyone that cares... PSN is still down... I hope it isn't off till Monday. :cry:[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've been playing my PS3 all night. :(

[quote name='hankmecrankme']lolwut

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8399202&postcount=160 [/QUOTE] Man, fuck Anon.

Just got to chapter 7 in Portal 2. Game is moving pretty quickly, surprised I haven't ran into any hard puzzles yet.

Giant Bomb's going to be down for a while, as they found out some time after Happy Hour that Amazon's still having trouble getting their servers back up and running.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Bloodwing's actually the second best in the game next to the turret. Purple haired girl mained the Hunter and spec'd the bird so that he'd take out all enemies within his range in one hit and would not come back until he'd killed them all. That may seem easily countered with a low range, but she powered up the range till it was basically every enemy that could hit you from anywhere.

fuckin' Bloodwing also could take out most bosses in one hit (Hanz, Franz, Sledge, etc).

Bloodwing's a HUGE help in Moxxi's Underdome, too, since he's not tied to one spot like the turret. Cooldown only took 4 seconds, too.
Yeah, I've been playing my PS3 all night. :(

--
Just got to chapter 7 in Portal 2. Game is moving pretty quickly, surprised I haven't ran into any hard puzzles yet.[/QUOTE]

(1) My friend has a level 65 hunter. He's a Borderlands fanatic (he has a level 65ish character for every class and a 40 something hunter he's using for online with my soldier). I'll take his word when he says he doesn't like the bloodwing and doesn't care to use it or waste skill points on it. I know it was fucking painful trying to use it early on to get the 15 kills for the cheese. I dislike Mordecai the most. You could be right, but from what I've seen and experienced, I'll keep my point of view, at least for now, friend-o. :)

(2) So if nothing is hard yet, will you be the first GGTer to complete the solo Portal 2 campaign in 4 hours or less? ;)

--

Finished MK Story mode. Shao Kahn with Raiden wasn't bad at all. Took me a bit to get the rhythm down and stuff, but much easier than I was expecting based on the bitching I've seen over at GAF. Spent all my Koins in the krypt, have all the alts unlocked now (including Kratos)... almost have all of the smaller sections of the Krypt unlocked (50% or more, I'd guess, through the 2nd largest).
Gone through ladder with Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Subbie, and Kratos. Pretty sure I've done all of their x-rays, everyone's first and second fatalities, babalities and pit stages as they come up. Also doing the front/back through with each as I go along.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](1) My friend has a level 65 hunter. He's a Borderlands fanatic (he has a level 65ish character for every class and a 40 something hunter he's using for online with my soldier). I'll take his word when he says he doesn't like the bloodwing and doesn't care to use it or waste skill points on it. I know it was fucking painful trying to use it early on to get the 15 kills for the cheese. I dislike Mordecai the most. You could be right, but from what I've seen and experienced, I'll keep my point of view, at least for now, friend-o. :)

(2) So if nothing is hard yet, will you be the first GGTer to complete the solo Portal 2 campaign in 4 hours or less? ;)

[/QUOTE] Man, if I still played with her I'd pull you into a game. Bloodwing's fuckdiculous they way she had him leveled.

I could probably beat it in less than 4 hours. I've only put 2 hours 15 minutes into it so far. Don't know how many chapters there are, but it's a great game. I don't want it to end.

Edit: Googled it, only 9 chapters and I'm on chapter 7 now. So yeah, unless the last couple of chapters are super long I'll have it done in less that 4 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
61MWKR21VVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I didn't know The Mana Knight had a pen name :whistle2:k

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seems weird. I wish we could solve this mystery.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if a mod lurks this thread waiting to strike, but then I think the more important question would be who actually wants to lurk in this thread.

[quote name='distgfx']I wonder if a mod lurks this thread waiting to strike, but then I think the more important question would be who actually wants to lurk in this thread.[/QUOTE]
Someone with more self-control than me. I can't even begin to stop from posting here.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Portal 2 has the best writing I've seen all year. This game is so interesting.[/QUOTE]

What other games have come out this year that have had good writing?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Why was Cheddaz banned initially?[/QUOTE]

He matched about 3 other banned users. Gustav was Cheddaz. I don't even know if he was a past GGT member, but he was banned for one reason or another on those other accounts.

[quote name='Trakan']He matched about 3 other banned users. Gustav was Cheddaz. I don't even know if he was a past GGT member, but he was banned for one reason or another on those other accounts.[/QUOTE]

But why was the original account banned? That account didn't seem to do anything wrong.

[quote name='ihadFG']But why was the original account banned? That account didn't seem to do anything wrong.[/QUOTE]

He was saying that Cheddahz matched 3 other previous banned accounts, so that's why he was banned again.

If alts actually exhibited socially acceptable behavior, it wouldn't be so obvious.

- Don't just start posting in the GGT as a CAG Noob.

- Don't be obsessed with anime.

- Build up a bunch of posts in another area.

- Act confused when you get here.

- Don't engage in inside jokes.

[quote name='dmaul1114']He was saying that Cheddahz matched 3 other previous banned accounts, so that's why he was banned again.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I thought he was saying Gustav matched 3 other banned accounts. If Cheddahz had matched 3 other previous banned accounts, then that would make sense as to why he was banned. It just seems odd though considering he had been around for like a year.

Oh and unless Cheddahz was lying to me, he personally told me Cheddahz was his original account. He only made alt accounts after that one was banned for seemingly no reason.

Yeah, looks like he was lying since the Cheddahz account matched 3 other old accounts according to Trakan.

He was probably someone that got banned a few times a while back, gave up and then came back and layed low for a while on the Cheddahz name before getting caught again would be my guess.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think Cheddahz would lie. He's pretty much a saint.[/QUOTE]
Man tells the TRUTH.

Man, I'm happy I'm home for easter, but I'm fucked when school hits again. I need to send out an essay by monday afternoon, and I'm stuck here, miles away, until Sunday at 11PM.
fuckED.

Also, I realized on the plane, Pokemon Black is boring as fuck.

[quote name='linkpwns']Man tells the TRUTH.

Man, I'm happy I'm home for easter, but I'm fucked when school hits again. I need to send out an essay by monday afternoon, and I'm stuck here, miles away, until Sunday at 11PM.
fuckED.

Also, I realized on the plane, Pokemon Black is boring as fuck.[/QUOTE]

Oh, dude. They invented this thing called the Internet, which allows you to do just what you're aiming to do. You can write the essay at home, and then use this electronic mail in order to transfer it to your professor's computer.

And c'mon, Mikey. How hard can it be to bullshit a 500 word essay on what you want to do this summer?

[quote name='KingBroly']What other games have come out this year that have had good writing?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']Bulletstorm[/QUOTE] Bingo! I haven't finished it yet, but Bulletstorm's writing so far is really good. Much better than I had initially expected.

[quote name='Trakan']He matched about 3 other banned users. Gustav was Cheddaz. I don't even know if he was a past GGT member, but he was banned for one reason or another on those other accounts.[/QUOTE] Wow, that's odd. I figured that once someone got banned they'd just let it go and stay away. Can't believe he came back that many times.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
sorta for Joel, since he likes Cyrax and Ermac, but they're good combo videos regardless. (I also like both of the characters. ;))[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Frosty! I have Ermac down pretty well, but that Cyrax video did help a bit. I'm going to be practicing up on him today. :D

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, dude. They invented this thing called the Internet, which allows you to do just what you're aiming to do. You can write the essay at home, and then use this electronic mail in order to transfer it to your professor's computer.

And c'mon, Mikey. How hard can it be to bullshit a 500 word essay on what you want to do this summer?[/QUOTE]

This is my 10 page paper on G.W. Bushes.
And like a dumbass, I forgot to email myself any work I had done, or any of the source documents I had. Not to mention that I can only get a laptop for like 30 minutes at a time.

[quote name='linkpwns']This is my 10 page paper on G.W. Bushes.
And like a dumbass, I forgot to email myself any work I had done, or any of the source documents I had. Not to mention that I can only get a laptop for like 30 minutes at a time.[/QUOTE]

You have to write a ten page paper on George W. Bush? Maaaan, that $$$$a can't even read ten pages.

He can, however, plunge our economy into... well, whatever the hell it is now.

Looks like a 3rd map was added back to TDM in Gears 3 beta -- I was playing on Trenches last night -- when I checked online quick before I went to bed, I think there was a group of CAGs doing so as well (sean, manthing, etc.)

[quote name='Chacrana']You have to write a ten page paper on George W. Bush? Maaaan, that $$$$a can't even read ten pages.

He can, however, plunge our economy into... well, whatever the hell it is now.[/QUOTE]

yeah man, it's a paper on his damn rhetoric too.
Dude knew three words: terror, evil, and nachos.

[quote name='linkpwns']yeah man, it's a paper on his damn rhetoric too.
Dude knew three words: terror, evil, and nachos.[/QUOTE]

You could honestly devote like 30% of it to all his bullshit, misguided patriotism. He seemed to like telling us to buy American, even though A) that's impossible and B) even if it were possible, you'd end up with a lot of shitty stuff.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Looks like a 3rd map was added back to TDM in Gears 3 beta -- I was playing on Trenches last night -- when I checked online quick before I went to bed, I think there was a group of CAGs doing so as well (sean, manthing, etc.)[/QUOTE]

There was, most of them were in a skype chat with us. You should join.

[quote name='Chacrana']You could honestly devote like 30% of it to all his bullshit, misguided patriotism. He seemed to like telling us to buy American, even though A) that's impossible and B) even if it were possible, you'd end up with a lot of shitty stuff.[/QUOTE]

It's true. Especially considering this isn't the final paper, it's only a draft, I could totally bullshit.
Getting BriBri to send me my files, and stealing a laptop from my house.

Oh, and IGN's Game Scoop crew is doing a new retro gaming podcast. Maybe I should play some old games some time...

btw, I think the iphone is perhaps the shittiest phone I've owned yet. Or at least, it's the biggest nuisance...

Why can't apple just make stuff that works without having to put up with all kinds of bullshit?

[quote name='Chacrana']btw, I think the iphone is perhaps the shittiest phone I've owned yet. Or at least, it's the biggest nuisance...

Why can't apple just make stuff that works without having to put up with all kinds of bullshit?[/QUOTE]

because only hipsters use iphones, and that's the market apple is trying to target

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back