GGT 108... wait, no. THE OFFICIAL FAST AND THE FURIOUS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful-Black-Guy-Meme-Banned-Hollywood-05-620x620-32-Successful-Black-Guy-Meme-Moments.jpg

Lol, my fried chicken is only a tiny percentage of my purchases.
[quote name='seanr1221']I heard chac hates halo, Terry.[/QUOTE]Halo is awesome.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Isn't he still on his family's Verizon plan?

Cut the umbilical cord and run wild like the stallion you are, TMK.[/QUOTE]Why would I be on a family plan when I just sent off a check to Verizon Wireless for $84, on my Droid plan (its cheaper because I get work discounts)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']We are gonna get shut down arent we[/QUOTE]
Probably.

[quote name='ihadFG']Poor washing machine.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I bailed last night, my laptop is a piece of shit and froze up because the HDD is dying.

So let's see. . .

- Internal wireless card slot stopped working

- Cardbus slot stopped working

- Screen had a stuck pixel until I knuckled it out

- Keyboard is missing the 8 key

- HDD is dying

- Laptop is over 6 years old

Yep, might be time to replace it.

[quote name='j-cart']6 years is long. 15.4 inch laptop?[/QUOTE]

14.1" 4:3, 1024x768 res. It's a Dell Latitude D610 that I got for free 3 years ago. It's been a tank, I've just used and abused it a lot.

I'd buy another Latitude if I were looking for a new new one. I think I'll just prowl for a cheap one off of Craigslist.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Real Talk.

The mom from Spy Kids is fucking hot.[/QUOTE]

With you there.

I really hope Driver San Fran plays like the original... Been a longtime Driver fan (played most of them and beat most of them) but its been in the shitter ever since the second one came out. The 3rd had some good moments.

I just miss 70s muscle car based games since there is none.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']E3 is going to suck anyway.

Much rather go to Evo.[/QUOTE]
Compared to last E3 it will be a Hobbit birthday party.

[quote name='manthing']E3 will suck?

But what if they debut Peter Molyneux's Pederast starring Milo for Kinect?[/QUOTE]

"Here you trick Milo into getting in your rape van. . ."

It's like GTA for pedos.

Depends on how Nintendo handles things. Depends on how Microsoft handles things. Depends on how Sony handles things. Considering Nintendo will push 3, maybe 4 things...my guess would be Sony. Microsoft will be pushing the purple crap. Maybe a Halo Remake, but if that's their "Trump Card" I'll laugh my ass off.

Unless Nintendo drops a Wii bombshell for later this year, which could happen.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So are any CAG's going to E3 this year?[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather go to GDC than E3, but both are way to far for me to go on my own ticket. Although I still have gotten to see many of the presentations from GDC this past year for programming and design.

[quote name='KingBroly']Depends on how Nintendo handles things. Depends on how Microsoft handles things. Depends on how Sony handles things. Considering Nintendo will push 3, maybe 4 things...my guess would be Sony. Microsoft will be pushing the purple crap. Maybe a Halo Remake, but if that's their "Trump Card" I'll laugh my ass off.

Unless Nintendo drops a Wii bombshell for later this year, which could happen.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo is really going to own this E3 unless MS/Sony have something up their sleeves. Which I don't think they will until next year.

Is MS announcing a Halo remake really a possibility? I seriously have no idea what they'll focus on this time.

seanbro, I wish I could help you out, but in economics I didn't work with anything that used multiple dependent variables :(

Unless I'm mistaken... are they just telling you to do two linear regressions and then maybe use an interaction term or something to measure the effect the dependent variables have together?

AUGH my head hurts. I just woke up, too. I fell asleep :(

[quote name='KingBroly']Depends on how Nintendo handles things. Depends on how Microsoft handles things. Depends on how Sony handles things. Considering Nintendo will push 3, maybe 4 things...my guess would be Sony. Microsoft will be pushing the purple crap. Maybe a Halo Remake, but if that's their "Trump Card" I'll laugh my ass off.

Unless Nintendo drops a Wii bombshell for later this year, which could happen.[/QUOTE]

You may laugh your ass off but Microsoft will laugh their ass off all the way to the bank. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Halo it is a money making machine. No other exclusive game even comes close to touching it in sales. Look at Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Reach.

Honestly I think their true trump card is an HD Remake of Halo 2 with online matchmaking.

That said, I would like some other good exclusive besides Gears and Halo cuz Fable sucks.

Honestly I am looking forward to multiplatform games being announced from some of my favorite devs more than anything from any of the three major console makers to be quite honest.

[quote name='Chacrana']seanbro, I wish I could help you out, but in economics I didn't work with anything that used multiple dependent variables :(

Unless I'm mistaken... are they just telling you to do two linear regressions and then maybe use an interaction term or something to measure the effect the dependent variables have together?

AUGH my head hurts. I just woke up, too. I fell asleep :([/QUOTE]

Well, the 4 DVs aren't going into one model. We're trying to get away from that, because that's what language outcomes usually do...clump everything together.

I'll actually be running 4 different analyses, one for each DV.

I probably really butchered my originally description. When it comes to psych, I know behavior and autism like the back of my hand. Stats...not so much...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']You may laugh your ass off but Microsoft will laugh their ass off all the way to the bank. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Halo it is a money making machine. No other exclusive game even comes close to touching it in sales. Look at Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Reach.

Honestly I think their true trump card is an HD Remake of Halo 2 with online matchmaking.

That said, I would like some other good exclusive besides Gears and Halo cuz Fable sucks.

Honestly I am looking forward to multiplatform games being announced from some of my favorite devs more than anything from any of the three major console makers to be quite honest.[/QUOTE]

Gears is the only 360 game I'm looking forward to right now. A Halo or Halo 2 remake won't do it for me. And yeah, Fable 3 was terrible. Fable 2 was awesome.

I wonder if Nintendo will have any DS presence during their conference.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Halo fans are halo fans, more halo isn't going to push any more consoles.[/QUOTE]

True, but this late in a generation, software sales are where it's at.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Halo fans are halo fans, more halo isn't going to push any more consoles.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree. But I really don't think they are looking to sell more consoles at this point being much closer to the next gen of consoles coming up. I mean they know releasing a Halo game will sell some consoles and out of their exclusives it has the best chance of doing so since the rest are kinda weak.

They know they can make bank on Halo remakes and I am sure that is what is coming.

I would rather they focus on something like Alan Wake 2 personally since Xbox does by a large margin have the least # of good exclusives. :cry:

Since I'm a regular Pachter, here is why Gears3/Forza 4/Maybe Halo remake are the only big 1st party titles.

MS knows 3rd party games tend to sell better on their system. They also know a bunch of new/established IPs won't sway a significant amount of customers. Why waste the resources on that, when you can start dumping them into the next xbox. Remember how supportive MS was of the original xbox right before the 360 launched?

With games like LA Noire, Batman, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Saints Row, Battlefield, and another CoD (with map packs on 360 first...bank on it) MS probably feels pretty confident they can sit back and feel their asses grow.

I'm just wondering if XIII Versus will be announced as multiplatform -- as it's probably the strongest candidate to push hardware this late in the game, if it stays exclusive.

I couldn't say the same for The Last Guardian. I'm skeptical to how much of a splash it will make...considering it's not about slaying giants.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm just wondering if XIII Versus will be announced as multiplatform -- as it's probably the strongest candidate to push hardware this late in the game, if it stays exclusive.

I couldn't say the same for The Last Guardian. I'm skeptical to how much of a splash it will make...considering it's not about slaying giants.[/QUOTE]

Square is talking XIII-2 right now. Versus will come after it's released.

However, given how things are playing out, it'll be released on PS3 only. Just for kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back