GGT 119: Has Sealed the Ponies Away for Another 100 Cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']Cool kids are all about Glee nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Odd, because I'm pretty cool... :cool:

Guess I just like the classics. ;)

Woa, didn't you learn in high school? Only other people can tell you if you are cool or not.

Totally not cool

tumblr_kv4399hWWz1qzdr4go1_500.jpg

/edit: So EA is finally doing it kind of right. Brostorm is $12 from the EA store (with a promo code).

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceybeasto -- suggestion came from all the bullshit I went through a ton of bullshit when they did the 3.6 firmware that broke the ability to upgrade -- if you hit problems, I may be of assistance. Just PM me or something. :cool:

[quote name='j-cart']/edit: So EA is finally doing it kind of right. Brostorm is $12 from the EA store (with a promo code).[/QUOTE]
$16 + tax and shipping for the consoles. I went ahead and ordered a PS3 copy.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Iceybeasto -- suggestion came from all the bullshit I went through a ton of bullshit when they did the 3.6 firmware that broke the ability to upgrade -- if you hit problems, I may be of assistance. Just PM me or something. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks, I'm hoping it isn't going to be too bad like your experience, haha.

[quote name='icebeast']$16 + tax and shipping for the consoles. I went ahead and ordered a PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]

PC Master Race here ;)

/edit: Woo time to drive up north for 7 hours. Taking my brother wakeboarding for his bday.

[quote name='icebeast']$16 + tax and shipping for the consoles. I went ahead and ordered a PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]

Now we can't play MP!

Dayum, shipping is $7! And then the tax on top of that. fuck you EA/Origin. I'll just wait for Amazon to go sub $20.

[quote name='gunm']Dayum, shipping is $7! And then the tax on top of that. fuck you EA/Origin. I'll just wait for Amazon to go sub $20.[/QUOTE]

Ya shipping was a bit much, but I would have had to pay tax at Amazon too, so it isn't a huge price difference (save for the $7, lol), but I've been kind of interested to play that game, and that is a fairly good price since it will probably still be a little while till it drops that low as a standard price.

[quote name='j-cart']PC Master Race here ;)

/edit: Woo time to drive up north for 7 hours. Taking my brother wakeboarding for his bday.[/QUOTE]

Is this steam-able?

Edit: Apparently not. No sale.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Is this steam-able?[/QUOTE]

It is directly from EA Origin, my first guess is... no. But maybe they have some way of doing it, I think in the past though even before EA Origin if you bought something download from EA it couldn't be linked to Steam since it used their download manager as what appeared to be DRM (I bought Spore and Dragon Age from them on PC a while back when they were on sale).

[quote name='seanr1221']Probably no games this weekend for me. Brothers getting married Saturday so rehearsal dinner tonight, hanging out at the cigar bar all day saturday, then hung over sunday.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a pimp time. Do some shots and mack on some bitches for me, bro.

Living vicariously FTW. :cool:

[quote name='icebeast']Man we had a work related party after work yesterday, with open bar (which was followed by an after party at a bar), like half the office isn't here today (I think HR may have to reconsider having parties with free booze not on Friday in the future, haha); and the ones that are a bit more sluggish than usual. Maybe I should have taken a "sick" day like some of the other people were talking about last night, haha.
[/QUOTE]
Now I want to work at Gameloft. . .

No I don't. :nottalking:
Unless I get to make a Braid ripoff. ^__^

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Last day of work for the week! We've left early 2 out of the 3 fridays I've been there so who knows. Gonna go in, come home and play some games, then tomorrow I'm going to pic up my girlfriend from the train station, she's coming to visit for the week. And we're going to see Super 8 on Sunday!

This day may be the longest ever.[/QUOTE]
ProTip: Wrap it up, and make sure she gets off before you do.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Goin' to pool. Gonna have an awesome time.[/QUOTE]
Piss in it for me, bro. And take pics of hot bitches and post them in here. Thanks. :bouncy:

fuck, I need to get a job at Gameloft!!! Parties, booze, and day after sick days!!!

oh yeah, and icebeez.

Does anyone understand why publishers choose to show their game walkthroughs behind closed doors? And only allow the media to speak it back to the community in chat or text? I've never understood it. I guess I can see showing certain things at certain times, but they never end up releasing them. The Bioshock Infinite demo was insanely awesome - I just hope they bring that out w/ commentary for people to see. It sells the games MUCH more than a shitty 2 minute trailer.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Does anyone understand why publishers choose to show their game walkthroughs behind closed doors? And only allow the media to speak it back to the community in chat or text? I've never understood it. I guess I can see showing certain things at certain times, but they never end up releasing them. The Bioshock Infinite demo was insanely awesome - I just hope they bring that out w/ commentary for people to see. It sells the games MUCH more than a shitty 2 minute trailer.[/QUOTE]

To create hype?

Bear is saying that it would be more hype if they showed the public what the media gets to see, since it is so awesome.

Still, I don't necessarily want the game spoilerized and I don't necessarily want to see stuff that never makes it to the final game, even if it seems awesome.

[quote name='distgfx']To create hype?[/QUOTE]
Really? I think it'd be much more beneficial in the hype creation if people got to see a 20 minute snip-it.

[quote name='gunm']I don't necessarily want the game spoilerized and I don't necessarily want to see stuff that never makes it to the final game, even if it seems awesome.[/QUOTE]
I generally find those story trailers to be more spoilerizing then the early game walkthroughs - but I could see the possibility of cutting stuff out that doesnt work and not wanting to disappoint fans. Good point.

[quote name='gunm']Bear is saying that it would be more hype if they showed the public what the media gets to see, since it is so awesome.[/QUOTE]

It would be, but then people would get to make their own informed opinion instead of listening to a guy tell you how awesome it is.

[quote name='distgfx']It would be, but then people would get to make their own informed opinion instead of listening to a guy tell you how awesome it is.[/QUOTE]

This assumes people are able to make their own informed opinions.

[quote name='distgfx']It would be, but then people would get to make their own informed opinion instead of listening to a guy tell you how awesome it is.[/QUOTE]

Yep basically, I'm fairly sure it is mainly because if you showed it to everyone early on some of them would probably try to nit pick everything, you give a private event to a small group of people they feel privileged so they aren't as liable to bad talk the game.

Also reduces the danger of everyone seeing strange bugs, for instance that Gears of War 3 showing on Jimmy Fallon.

[quote name='icebeast']Yep basically, I'm fairly sure it is mainly because if you showed it to everyone early on some of them would probably try to nit pick everything, you give a private event to a small group of people they feel privileged so they aren't as liable to bad talk the game.

Also reduces the danger of everyone seeing strange bugs, for instance that Gears of War 3 showing on Jimmy Fallon.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm saying posting a video online w/ the demo commentary. So they could still hide all the bugs, by just replaying the demo and editing those parts out. I understand why they have it exclusive to media only at E3 - but not why they wont put those walkthroughs online eventually.

Man, I'm just kickin here, listening to some corecore.
Shitty day at work, and my sister is using my PS3 to watch Scooby Doo :/

[quote name='linkpwns']Man, I'm just kickin here, listening to some corecore.
Shitty day at work, and my sister is using my PS3 to watch Scooby Doo :/[/QUOTE]

We should Skype party later.

And we'll work on our new genre, Skypecore.

The drops will be ill.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']We should Skype party later.

And we'll work on our new genre, Skypecore.

The drops will be ill.[/QUOTE]

If you guys wanna skype now, I'm down. I have to be up for work at 5:30 am though :/

230484_216968838333304_100000605682364_801533_5668885_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say the 4th guy will be Fujin because there's a voiceover for him already..but part of me really wants Robot Smoke - UMK3 style with the trident spear and Sektor uppercut.

[quote name='diddy310']I want to say the 4th guy will be Fujin because there's a voiceover for him already..but part of me really wants Robot Smoke - UMK3 style with the trident spear and Sektor uppercut.[/QUOTE]
I really want Robot Smoke, too.

-------
WOO! Tonight's been fucking awesome. I went to Hastings and they were getting rid of all the comics that came out in the last couple of months, they marked them down to 99 cents! That with a B2G1 on all comics! I got 59 comics for around 22 bucks. Totally fucking awesome.

[quote name='diddy310']I want to say the 4th guy will be Fujin because there's a voiceover for him already..but part of me really wants Robot Smoke - UMK3 style with the trident spear and Sektor uppercut.[/QUOTE]

If boon is to be believed, it's not fujin.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Honestly, I keep expecting them to bring out Tavin or Meat.[/QUOTE]

I don't know a single character from the MK series past what was introduced in UMK3 -- and even there, I forgot about characters like Rain and Ermac being (potentially) more than just weird palette swaps.

So I have no idea who the hell you guys are talking about. :lol:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I want Hsu Hao and Drahmin.[/QUOTE]
I forgot how much Drahmin suuuucked.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't know a single character from the MK series past what was introduced in UMK3 -- and even there, I forgot about characters like Rain and Ermac being (potentially) more than just weird palette swaps.

So I have no idea who the hell you guys are talking about. :lol:[/QUOTE]Consider yourself lucky then! Hsu Hao, Tavin, Meat, and Drahmin fucking sucked. I'm expecting they'll add at least one shitty character as DLC so my money's on the Meat.

I actually want Boraicho, Frost, and Shujinko as DLC.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I forgot how much Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon suuuucked. [/QUOTE]
Fixed. :cool:

MK9 needs some Kobra action.

I'm just gonna start going through my backlog this way: play a game, if it's zero fun at all, take it out of the backlog. Most of these last-gen games are worth nothing so I guess I'll keep them, but I'm sick of doing stuff like spending an hour trying to beat a cheap-ass boss in an game from 6+ years ago that isn't giving me any enjoyment at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back